SyNcRoNiCzZ

Tier 1-DLC

You Like this Idea ?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. You Like this Idea ?

• Yes, BIS make Please an Tier 1 DLC !
    • No !

Yes they should make this but as a proper SOCOM addon and only if:

We can have all the supporting assets like the spectre and the Combat Talon etc.

We can have proper breaching and cqb improvements.

Firing from vehicles.

Custom weapon configurations (every possible combination of optics, silencer, nade launcher etc) to allow operators to have their own personalized kit.

Abseiling from buildings and helicopters as engine improvement.

UK SAS and SBS units added to BAF faction.

Yes they should make this but as a proper SOCOM addon and only if:

We can have all the supporting assets like the spectre and the Combat Talon etc.

We can have proper breaching and cqb improvements.

Firing from vehicles.

Custom weapon configurations (every possible combination of optics, silencer, nade launcher etc) to allow operators to have their own personalized kit.

Abseiling from buildings and helicopters as engine improvement.

UK SAS and SBS units added to BAF faction.

Yeah, and maybe the option to carry a weapon on the back like in ACE.

Calling it a SOCOM addon is a big plus, will take the stigma off.

No, sorry, I'm not 12.

Fully approves of sentiment !

Smacks of COD´ism all these DLC....:(

No more DLC pls...give us a full potion of ArmA again, plskthxbb.

I vote for No, all we need now is DLC for OPFOR e.g Modern Russian, China or Somalia insurgents :)

Cheers.

Fully approves of sentiment !

Smacks of COD´ism all these DLC....:(

No more DLC pls...give us a full potion of ArmA again, plskthxbb.

Failpost. This isn't the "to dlc or not to dlc" thread and also that argument has been done to death.

So far BIS record on DLC is 50/50 so we'll wait for the next one whatever it is to see if they get it right again.

All that said I would love to see a full standalone expansion this year with a new region and new/updated opfor.

Hmmm, not sure how I feel about it. To me it seems there's too much western stuff already.

How about some Spetsnaz love instead? Alfa units with their sexy Maska-1 helmets and animated visors. :sadlike:

Edited by Salvatore_Lee

Less of these PMC, Force recon lone wolf stuff please.

you kids should stop watching tely all day long...

Failpost. This isn't the "to dlc or not to dlc" thread and also that argument has been done to death.

So far BIS record on DLC is 50/50 so we'll wait for the next one whatever it is to see if they get it right again.

All that said I would love to see a full standalone expansion this year with a new region and new/updated opfor.

Dear Sir.

AS good as it is to have provoked any kind of commentary, it would be way better taking into account all those lovely done community works (Schnapsdrossel´s MercUnits, anyone? Bearded Spec-Ops, seen them ?) being already done for SF-enthusiasts, so why again and again ask for things that are already to be had at any time.

Hence my comment.

AS good as it is to have provoked any kind of commentary, it would be way better taking into account all those lovely done community works (Schnapsdrossel´s MercUnits, anyone? Bearded Spec-Ops, seen them ?) being already done for SF-enthusiasts, so why again and again ask for things that are already to be had at any time.

Because they're not to be had at any time because unlike official DLC not everybody will have them. As such they are so very rarely to be had in public multi-player and create a new barrier to playing any mission using them in that first you need to get everybody you want to play with lined up with the same addons at the same version. Not that I personally care for any more SF units.

Because they're not to be had at any time because unlike official DLC not everybody will have them. As such they are so very rarely to be had in public multi-player and create a new barrier to playing any mission using them in that first you need to get everybody you want to play with lined up with the same addons at the same version. Not that I personally care for any more SF units.

Aye, it can be painful and timeconsuming getting everyone hooked up correctly, but in my experience the pain taken is worth it.

And by "to be had at any time" i meant they were openly accessible from a variety of places (another reason I like Yoma´s tool so much) and had not to be looked up with timeconsuming forum trackings and download-link searching as it is with other community created content for other games sometimes.

Dang, when I started to play Arma2 I was amazed at how well organized the Moddingoutput of the community was...all I had to do was look up a mere 2 to 3 hp´s, get me what I wanted and rock on.

There are also issues in terms of quality and consistency, not just visually (community addons often being every bit as beautiful or more so) but in terms of configuration and values. It would not be unusual for any modding team to decide their country's tank/plane/gun/soldier/whatever is better than every other example and attempt to reflect this in the configuration which the next team then tries to out-do. At least one can expect BIS to be impartial and their products should fit well alongside the original content.

Dear Sir.

Hence my comment.

My comment was directed more towards the anti-dlc sentiment in your post rather than bashing the community content. Personally I have no problem with using mods at all as I understand the process of downloading them, setting up modfolders etc. I know there are people out there (in my squad) who are convinced anything PC related is really hard so they can't do it... That's fair enough, their skills lie elsewhere and so getting the guys hooked up with the same mods becomes harder than my cock the first time I played Arma2.

I suggested a few engine improvements in my previous post that could be included in a socom addon which I believe would improve the game as a whole, they could in fact be included in any new dlc/expansion pack regardless of the particular theme.

I voted No, we dont need another USA themed addon. Im not anti USA, i would just prefer to see a OPFOR DLC. The BAF DLC was nice, the PMC DLC although different was a nice DLC.

Because a soldier is defined by what pouch he wears on his namebrand chest rig.

Actually, yes. Do you not think there is any distinction between the regular infantry guy who joined so the government can pay for his tuition and the guy who joined because he actually wanted to be in the military and fought his way to become Tier 1?

If BIS made a Special forces DLC it would likely result in another gung-ho catastrophe 'a la Red Harvest'. Shame there wasn't enough 'observing' and 'planning' of attacks needed, it was all done for you. It would be nice for a campaign to get right down to the nitty-gritty of Special forces operations; long hikes through enemy territory, very long missions (The first part of Red Harvest had some good ideas for example a night assault with an optional extension of lasering some enemy equipment), more tactical kit and modifications, better cqb support (e.g. more fluid movement animations, or a simple switch which turns your animations from 'combat' to 'safe' (combat mode featuring close-quarters actions like knifing, more fps-like animations (like when on high adrenaline levels everything is blocked out except the survival instinct) possibly movement blur, sprint feature but run out of breath more quickly etc. and safe mode more engineered towards cross-field hikes/jogs where the possibility of ambushes are low and one can cover large distances without running out of breath, and stealthy travel where the last thing you want to do is engage a large group of enemies), more interactive user-interface where one can customise the properties of say your fireteam members, maybe even pre-campaign have a tutorial which lets you familiarse yourself with a load of soldiers and have the opportunity to decide which of them suit your needs based on their skillsets (I know it sounds kinda daft, but the possibility to invest or decide which skills your teammates should develop

like in SOCOM fireteam bravo 3, which had many flaws but one nice feature was that by the end of the campaign as the enemy got more advanced your AI teammates would be tailored to your needs

and recruit them into your squad), full co-op support with saving etc included, etc. etc. etc.

(Hope the colour-coding of the brackets helped :p and ofc these are just ideas, I'd welcome any constructive criticism but don't be hatin ;))