SyNcRoNiCzZ

Tier 1-DLC

You Like this Idea ?  

128 members have voted

1. 1. You Like this Idea ?

• Yes, BIS make Please an Tier 1 DLC !
    • No !

Hello ArmA folks,

Maybe can make BIS a DLC whit "Tier 1". Say so, whit a Brand New Campaign and Special Reserved Tier 1 Units and Accessories. :D

I know "McNools" have made great Tier 1 Operators, but thats based solely on a "ReTex AddOn".

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=103042

That´s basic here only on a "SUGGESTION" and not a "DEMAND" !

What do you say about of this Part ? Discussions and Suggestions here ar wanted. ;)

Hmm, I don't know. I don't really see what BIS would be able to add to it regarding equipment, since Tier 1, from what I know, use everything that's already available in Arma 2 CO at its current state.

I think there's far more interesting things to cover than giving the U.S forces yet another SF group...... I'm sorry mate but this just seems like a MoH knee jerk....

1st SFOD-D ("Delta Force") are already ingame, they're Tier One.

A full Tier-1 expansion would just be retreading old ground. The only omission of note is DEVGRU, which would really just end up being a reskin of Delta Force dudes.

Indeed, Delta Force is already in-game. I would prefer to see something new rather than repetitive.

Something a bit broader including Rangers, Pararescue Jumpers, Combat Controllers and such would be wonderful as long as some serious effort was put into the units.

Sure, just take the default BIS SFOD-D units and slap some beards onto them. :p

Edited by Laqueesha

Would be better if it were an SF DLC that covered multiple SF units from our current factions and updated them/gave them new or different gear. Give Delta Operators variation in roles, character appearance, add in gear not already there (dive kits, ground flares, SF specific vehicles..). Add SAS and SBS operators to BAF. Stuff like that. Tier 1 is like MoH or COD and it fits into Takistan well, but if we get something like a PLA DLC I think there'd be a big change and a little more professionalism instead of them dressing in mid-east garb to fit in.

I have yesterday start the campaign of MoH (2010), and i find the campaign it´s "OK". Therefore, these idea here. ;)

the problem as i see it is the suggestion thread turned to be sort of an addon request. Everyone want something in the form of a DLC.

Funny thing is that a lot of requests/suggestions have been covered numerous times before (from yet another US SF slick pack to things like shooting from vehicles)

Funny thing is that a lot of requests/suggestions have been covered numerous times before (from yet another US SF slick pack to things like shooting from vehicles)

And just to calm you down: They will be repeated over-and-over again from time to time...

Also people left out that black Blackhawks with Miniguns mounted on them, AH/MH-6 Littlebirds and CH-47 also with minigun are SOCOM assets (160th SOAR). There's also Humvees decked out for SF, quads, SCAR rifles, HALO capability and many other things can be used for an all-out "Tier 1" mission. The only thing that lacks is the possibility for "OMG we're spinning down in a chopper" movies/intros/outros and ultracool voice actors....

I'd much rather have BIS work on game features/fixes and merging content from OFP and Arma 1 forward to Arma 2. I really don't want any more troops as a DLC, unless they're ported forward or civilians (females, kids, old people, etc.) with a full set of animations (so they can do anything any other unit can.)

With all that amount of listed issues in CIT I shouldn't say that any other DLC development is a good idea.

I know its a lot more cooler to deny liking this and make smart comments about it regarding age....

But yes! It would be nice to have some new models, a MH-47E and some nice missions for the price of 1 movie ticket.

Tier 1 or just a dedicated SF DLC. (60% of user made missions are SF related anyway.)

Those Tier 1 guys did some amazing things in OEF and they still do. Honoring that by telling their stories in the most serious wargame/sim isn't something I can oppose to.

I voted no as I would rather have some entirely new factions added to the game, or a bigger map... I wouldn't mind it if they did a DLC on Tier1 ops, but I would simply prefer other things.

I voted yes at first but now that I think about the immense talent pool we have here, it would be easier for 'us' just to make something like that.

In fact you can do it already. They already have Force Recon and Delta Force in the game. Just create a 'Special Forces' character and then choose creat 'Operator Silenced'.

I f you really wanted to get crazy you can just paint some textures in PS and then map them.

or you could do this, have the community make it. and then it would be free.

A propper BIS made support module would be nice, like SAM support and RUM assets but with more options and some CCT missions to go along with. And as said before, shooting from non-gunner positions and maybe flawless fastroping...