Sign in to follow this  
abs

Star Trek Addons

I have completely missed this mod. Looks awesome and can't wait to try it out.

But it flies like a brick. See the vid for a demo.

[YOUTUBE]m3dsYXe0Spg[YOUTUBE]

If anyone can give me advice on how to get this thing to fly a bit more realistically, I'd really appreciate it. Right now it stalls at the slightest turn, and when auto-hovering, it tends to lean heavily in any given direction...notably forward. I'm going to put working on the flight model on hold until I get some advice from anyone, because I'm just glad it flies for now.

Abs did you ever get the flight model sorted?

Abs did you ever get the flight model sorted?

I got it sort of reasonable. IceWindo took a look at it, but had to end his support early due to RL issues, and wasn't able to fine tune it. He added four small cubes and distanced them a bit from the body. Is there much else that could be done?

Abs

I got it sort of reasonable. IceWindo took a look at it, but had to end his support early due to RL issues, and wasn't able to fine tune it. He added four small cubes and distanced them a bit from the body. Is there much else that could be done?

Abs

Yeah, its just a matter of balancing geo mass and the envelope command values. It also depends on if its setup as a helicopter of a plane.

If you want me to have a look for you PM me and we can sort something out.

Thanks Rock. I'll be seding you a PM shortly. :)

Abs

You still working on this Abs?

I'd love to see some news :D

Hey mate,

On the last page I had asked for help texturing the inside of the shuttle craft. My texturing skills are quite poor when it comes to that bit, and I really do not wish to release a substandard addon. As of right now, much of the shuttle is done. The only things that are really missing are the cargo animations, and the interior texture.

I've also been spending a fair bit of time helping out the September 1939 mod, so this project has taken a bit of a back seat to that.

Not the update you were hoping for, I'm sure...Sorry bro.

Abs

Thanks. In the Armaverse, soon is a relative term.

Abs

Just found this. Really nice work, if you ever find the time to continue and finish it, I´ll get this for sure.

Both thumbs up on this :)

Can anyone help me out with creating the engine sounds? I have a sample, but it is of an engine accelerating and decelerating and I have no idea how to edit sounds.

I'm in the process of finishing off the shuttle. The phaser is done. I may just release these two as I work on the units for a later release date.

If you can help out, give me a shout via PM.

Thanks in advance.

Abs

Had a look at this resource already?

If not, try asking the guys over at BC Central, they're probably the ones to know the most about Star Trek addons / modding ;)

Yep! Seen it, but I've decided to go with an old sound effects CD, as they're the closest I'll ever get to having the official sounds from any resource. :) Hadn't seen BC Central though...thanks for the link!

I've had a volunteer for the sound editing, so I wanted to publicly thank him for his offer. I'll mention him by name once the work is done!

Topas, I think I'll most definitely be taking you up on your offer for texturing. Hope you don't mind if I transport you away from WWII Poland for a brief assignment in the 23rd century. ;)

Abs

I should not fall into a temporal shock of great magnitudes; It'll be only a mild travel from the mid-24th century :)

(pre-1st season TNG sets for the Ambassador Class concept by Andrew Probert I was working on in October)

bc3pi.th.jpg bc1ip.th.jpg bc4.th.jpg bc2i.th.jpg

See, those just look awesome. :) I'm hoping you can do better than I can on the interior of the shuttle. I've sent you a PM with the details, mate!

Abs

[PS: Don't worry! I'll be back on the 7TP soon enough. This is more a bit of a distraction so that I don't get all burned out from working only on one subject for too long. ;)]

A big THANK YOU goes out from me to Topas, who has generously offered to help out with texturing the Galileo. I hope you enjoy the beginnings of his work as much as I did.

ga1l.th.jpg

ga2bu.th.jpg

ga3c.th.jpg

Abs

Well, I'm certainly enjoying it, so no need to thank me ;) Always a pleasure to have an opportunity to work on a piece of a legend.

Plus, it'll be a good starter for some bigger interiors, once they're done, right? ;)

Thanks, mate. :)

Abs

lolol what is this faggotry you nerds star trek ololol I want another Specials Forces Reskin or the M4A1-ACOG-CQB-M203-MILTECH-WTF-LATE-EARLY-MODEL ololol

Great work guys, nice to see some diversion!:yay:

I must admit to being a bit of a Trek fan myself :D

Well done guys - that's really starting to look good...

If you ever need a few little Strange New Worlds - let me know ;)

B

Thanks for the kind words, again, folks. :)

I am currently looking for alpha testers of the shuttle.

As I mentioned so very long ago, this whole project has been about my learning how to bring an addon into the game and make it work, as such the only criteria that I am looking for in a beta tester is that you must have released an aircraft based addon yourself at some point in the past. The only reason I state this is so that I can get feedback from people who actually know what they're doing when it comes to addon making.

If you're interested, please send me a PM stating the addon you've made, along with a download link. Thanks!

Abs

Edited by Abs

sorp.jpg

Stardate 20121.5

The Enterprise has completed its exploration of the Cirrus system. On the orders of Admiral Bushlurker, we have established orbit around Cirrus IV, and the shuttlecraft Galileo has performed a survey of the planet. The most unique feature of this otherwise barren planet are its luminescent green pools of chlorophyll. Attached are a few sensor scans. It has been deemed ideal for terraformation and colonization.

snw1s.jpgsnw2s.jpg

snw4s.jpgsnw3s.jpg

End recording.

Abs