Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² Winter

Congrats on the release, and winter! (Ah the memories of OFP, Keg/FDF winter :inlove:)

Just IMHO, the mod shouldn't have done anything extra regarding weapon behavior. Adding separate classes for weapons already in Arma 2 and giving them custom recoil and sounds needlessly sets them apart from vanilla content that can be made to behave and sound differently in any case. I think that ACE2 (that CWR2 is trying to blend in with) should conform to other mods if its makers wish it to be current, not the other way around.
As far as I can read in this thread, all W0lle said was that they used some gear/config properties/sounds from us.

Not sure where this turned into something ACE wants, should or shouldn't do.

If you don't like CWR choices, perhaps leave ACE out of it? (too often we are dragged in, and really in this case, what do we have to do with it?)

Edited by Sickboy

As far as I can read in this thread, all W0lle said was that they used some gear/config properties/sounds from us.

Not sure where this turned into something ACE wants, should or shouldn't do.

If you don't like CWR choices, perhaps leave ACE out of it? (too often we are dragged in, and really in this case, what do we have to do with it?)

You have nothing to do with it. I'm expressing my opinion about the CWR2 team's decisions.

You have nothing to do with it. I'm expressing my opinion about the CWR2 team's decisions.
Misunderstanding then, apologies.

Here is a vid from Zipper5 for the latest version of CWR2:

That video was actually made and recorded by Celery, I simply made the mission we were playing in it. ;)

In Bomberman near the place where you place a bomb there is a post floating in the air

Also in Eye for an Eye mission the rebel post just tears my squad apart with its MGs, hmmm? (or maybe it should be that way?)

There is also snowing, but the sky is clear.

I've also noticed a bug with AK with grenade launcher. After firing a grenade you need to reload it twice.

Edited by metalcraze

Also in Eye for an Eye mission the rebel post just tears my squad apart with its MGs, hmmm? (or maybe it should be that way?)

It's meant to be tough...

... to "show the murdering Soviets on Kolgujev that the Resistance is stronger than they think." However, sometimes you'll push through with your squad and clear them out, other times you'll be ordered to retreat if you sustain too many casualties. It tends to work out in your favor when playing in MP with humans rather than AI.

;)

Btw, W0lle, did you write the readme? What's the reason I got relegated from a team member to a contributor :rolleyes:?

If something is screwed up, chances are very good I was involved. :D

I quickly fixed the readme files and included them in the patch.

Schnapsdrosel is of course a valuable team member and not "just" a contributor!

Bugreport:

1) Silenced bizon has a bullet crack.

I checked this and our Bizon ammo/mag/weapon config is identical to the A2/ACE2 configs. Only ACE2 has 2 additional supersonic crack lines which probably avoid this.

However to fix this problem we have to update the 80MB sounds pbo. Unless the bullet crack is really a big problem I would avoid that (it will be fixed in the final release of course).

To make this clear: The ACE2 Mod has nothing to do with our Mod, they are not involved except the fact they allowed us to make use of their excellent sounds, some models and borrowing parts from their configs.

There is a reason why we have seperate class names for stuff that is already in A2.

Please check the first post for Patch 1 download. It contains the recently released hotfix, an updated weapon config and Ammo crates for all factions.

The ammo config for the Kozlice shell magazines has been modified (thanks Mr Burns), please check the behaviour and report back if there are any issues with it.

Edited by W0lle

It's meant to be tough...

... to "show the murdering Soviets on Kolgujev that the Resistance is stronger than they think." However, sometimes you'll push through with your squad and clear them out, other times you'll be ordered to retreat if you sustain too many casualties. It tends to work out in your favor when playing in MP with humans rather than AI.

;)

Yeah I understood that when I actually was one of the last 2 survivors ;)

Usually didn't last that far. Jeez I completely forgot how harsh OFP missions were with all these "yay we are fighting third-worldians"

:hyper:Thanks CWR² team :pc:

@Wolle

I would like to use only the Island.

Which Files I need or rather which Files I don`t need ?

Best Regards

(ST6)Predator

There is a long metal fence that goes down to water and in the 4 bases mission your soldiers have no problem walking through it.

@Predator

Untitled-2_1.jpg

Just try it out. You will notice it, if you miss something. Only the intro cutscene needs the units.

Edited by Atsche

In Harsh Winter the boats bringing in the enemy counter-attack are marked as friendlies (although my gunner reported them as enemies). So when I blew them out of the water with the captured Mi-24 I got 2 friendly kills.

Also when I tried to prevent enemies from landing with my infantry - my squad members refused to shoot at boats because of that and so boats were making a short work of them using their 50 cals.

Hope you'll fix it - I really enjoyed the mission. I don't remember it from OFP - was it your own? I want more.

Edited by metalcraze

Jeez I completely forgot how harsh OFP missions were with all these "yay we are fighting third-worldians"

It's not an OFP mission, it's my own creation. ;)

Along with Harsh Winter.

Unfortunately, I can't make the boats appear as enemies, but it's odd that your soldiers didn't shoot at them as a result. I had to use the USMC RHIB because a Soviet boat was not included in the winter release. I thought BIS fixed the whole I'm-in-a-friendly-vehicle-therefore-you-shouldn't-shoot-me thing, but I guess not.

More from me is likely to be on the way indeed.

Edited by Zipper5

Ah. I just very vaguely remember one of 3 OFP campaigns having a mission like that - with wipeout and retreat. It was too long ago. But nice job anyway. These two missions nailed that OFP feel very well.

Another thing I've noticed though - aren't enemies are all too precise with their weapons? Considering the new, much harsher recoil, they sometimes place a perfect hit from 200-300 meters away right from the first shot or two.

Edited by metalcraze

When it comes to the OFP feeling, Zipper has it nailed in every mission. :)

@Predator

Untitled-2_1.jpg

Just try it out. You will notice it, if you miss something. Only the intro cutscene needs the units.

Thank you ! @ Atsche.

It works fine ! There is only a small errormessage if i start CO ( "Addon CWR2_misc requires cwr2" ), but it works.

Of course, I've searched the "cwr2 file" but i don´t found it.

Best Regards

(ST6)Predator

Edited by (ST6)Predator