Sign in to follow this  
W0lle

Cold War Rearmed² Winter

cwr2_xmas.jpg

Merry christmas from the Cold War Rearmed² Team! As a small christmas present we release the famous Winter Kolgujev Island, together with some Units, the required Weapons and some interesting Missions.

This Release contains the following features:

* Winter Kolgujev Island

* A basic set of units in Winter camouflage

* A basic set of weapons required for the Units and Missions

* Some SP and MP Missions

Please see the included readme for details, instructions and class names.

Note that ArmA2 and Operation Arrowhead (CO) is required!

CWR² Winter v1.03 @ Armaholic.com

CWR² Winter v1.03 @ Armedassault.info

CWR² Winter v1.03 @ Six-Updater

Dedicated to Planck, we will never forget you.

:xmas:

Edited by W0lle
Six-Updater link added

Sweet! Merry Christmas!

Had a go of it, very nice looking stuff, great level of polish, above all the M60 struck me as being one of the nicest detailed weapons I've seen in the game. In fact, further to that, almost all the weapons have a very nice feel to them, the sort that only comes with a finely tuned 'finish', comes off as realistic feeling

Good job team!

One bug I've noticed so far, the kozlice shell seems to be zeroed off for a target 1km away, rounds land about 5m higher than the sight

Edited by DaveP

I gotta love you guys. This is awesome. Winterkolgujev. Thanks so much and a Merry christmas to you.

kind regards

Damn these SP missions are fun! My only gripe thus far is no saves in bomberman. I suppose I can always change it myself. ;)

Thanks! Can't wait to try this tomorrow... damn Christmas interfering with my fun yet again. :p

Damn these SP missions are fun! My only gripe thus far is no saves in bomberman. I suppose I can always change it myself. ;)

There are saves in Bomberman, they're disabled until the convoy is immobilized. Reason-being is that I realized that forceSpeed isn't saved when a save game is loaded, therefore the convoy completely screws up. I had to use the forceSpeed command as a workaround for the behavior of convoys in Arma 2 compared to how they worked in OFP. In Eye For An Eye it's the same situation. Was the best compromise I could come up with to retain the same gameplay.

There are saves in Bomberman, they're disabled until the convoy is immobilized. Reason-being is that I realized that forceSpeed isn't saved when a save game is loaded, therefore the convoy completely screws up. I had to use the forceSpeed command as a workaround for the behavior of convoys in Arma 2 compared to how they worked in OFP. In Eye For An Eye it's the same situation. Was the best compromise I could come up with to retain the same gameplay.

Ahhh I never tried at that point. Thanks for the info.

Bug report:

• Insects in winter
  • M60E3 wasn't around in 1985. However, the model used in CWR2 is the same as the original M60 (afaik) so it's just a naming issue.
  • Kozlice shell ammo is seriously bugged, perhaps use AA-12's method
  • MM-1 and 6G30 have way too high muzzle velocity, also the latter's magazines could stand to be 1 slot smaller in inventory to match MM-1's nades-to-space ratio
  • Vz. 58 has no recoil
  • M21 misses the crosshair we used to love in OFP: fit standing target within horizontal lines and it's dead on
  • G36 is the double-sight German model instead of the single-sight G36E as depicted in OFP, and it's missing the burst mode

Thanks & Merry Xmas from France !

Good luck for futures release & Thanks you very much !

Thank you CWR team for bringing one of the best islands of OFP to ArmA 2.

Merry Christmas!

• MM-1 and 6G30 have way too high muzzle velocity, also the latter's magazines could stand to be 1 slot smaller in inventory to match MM-1's nades-to-space ratio

Of what I remember, MM1 always had a larger magazine size

Of what I remember, MM1 always had a larger magazine size

MM-1's 12 round magazine takes 6 slots. 6G30's 6 round magazine takes 4.

Bug report:

• Insects in winter
  • M60E3 wasn't around in 1985. However, the model used in CWR2 is the same as the original M60 (afaik) so it's just a naming issue.
  • Kozlice shell ammo is seriously bugged, perhaps use AA-12's method
  • Vz. 58 has no recoil
  • M21 misses the crosshair we used to love in OFP: fit standing target within horizontal lines and it's dead on
  • G36 is the double-sight German model instead of the single-sight G36E as depicted in OFP, and it's missing the burst mode

- Insects were surprised by onset of Winter. :)

- The M60E3 has been renamed to M60 already.

- We work on the Kozlice Shell ammo, however just copy&paste the AA-12 config stuff might have... weird results.

- I told you that the MM-1/6G30 are not in a usable state. You wanted them, now you have them. :D You can carry more 6G30 "Mags" because it has only 6 rounds compared to the 12 the MM-1 has.

- The Vz.58 is an accident, it was not supposed to be in the release. However it's easy to fix.

- We will see what can be done on the M21 optics

- We keep the dual optics on the G36 because I really can't see what it breaks. The burst mode can be added, no big deal either.

I see AK74 has zeroing while M16 for example does not. Is that a bug or is it there for a reason? AK seems to have quite heavy recoil up and to the sides as well. Im not sure that AK has so much more recoil then M16 since the cal is nearly the same. Just my thoughts, not an expert here.

I see that weapons have custom sound which is good becouse CWR1's initial sound was a bit so so:).

I love the commando guy in bomberman, nice balaclava.

US officer has woodland camo hat, not sure if that is intentional.