Sign in to follow this  
KGrob

Gamersgate Expansion for DVD???

I got Arma2 Combined Ops on DVD and loaded it on my computer and it works fine and it's fun and all that. But...now I want more. :)

Can I buy the expansions British Armed Forces and Private Military Company from Gamersgate and add them to my game I loaded from the DVD?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Yes, you can - however I'd advise you to get them directly from BIS through Sprocket, their online distribution site.

Thanks. But I really need to do it through Gamersgate if possible. I already have an account over there and I have a ton of blue coins already so there is almost nothing I would have to do to get the download there. Sometimes it's hard to do all the stuff necessary to get a new account started.

---------- Post added at 06:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

Wow. I just discoverd I couldn't make that last comment without having it "approved" by a moderator.

That is fairly insulting. Do you guys really think that someone who has, say, half a dozen posts, is really cluttering up your forums? Really?

I don't actually play these games but I normally purchase computer related games for my friends (well, their children) and sometimes I try to run interference when they experience problems or when they have questions for which asnwers are difficult to find.

I actually have my own Internet business/website and my own forums along with our own moderators. We normally don't let our moderators insult our customers...it's really not good for business. A single power hungry moderator can do a lot of damage to an otherwise excellent business enterprise.

Wow. I just discoverd I couldn't make that last comment without having it "approved" by a moderator.

That is fairly insulting. Do you guys really think that someone who has, say, half a dozen posts, is really cluttering up your forums? Really?

I don't actually play these games but I normally purchase computer related games for my friends (well, their children) and sometimes I try to run interference when they experience problems or when they have questions for which asnwers are difficult to find.

I actually have my own Internet business/website and my own forums along with our own moderators. We normally don't let our moderators insult our customers...it's really not good for business. A single power hungry moderator can do a lot of damage to an otherwise excellent business enterprise.

No idea what you're talking about but I'm sure the overreaction wasn't necessary in the slightest, I think you're getting a bit confused, there was no moderation, which considering you posted in the wrong place could have been understood ;)

That thread would have been locked because its in the "Addons and Mods: COMPLETED" section which is for releasing mods, not asking questions. Hence why it was locked. Is that what you are asking?

Back to the topic:

BI has plans to release DLC as physical DVD addon release (despite some difficulties with it these days) as well in near future.

BI has plans to release DLC as physical DVD addon release (despite some difficulties with it these days) as well in near future.

That is good to know.

Back to the topic:

Will the DLC all come in a pack with CO? or OA? or will you do a standalone "DLC" pack with all current and (future?) DLC in it?

Or still un-decided?

Well good to hear that the people who can't/won't get it on DLC are able to get PMC & BAF on DVD. Hope it's not too much of a economical drain hole though.

I'd be willing to buy it for the sake of storing these DLCs in a box I won't accidentally lose or damage. A normal burned DVD/CD tends to get lost or damage due to improper storing. :o

Edited by colossus

Sweet then, So now I will buy them. Only reason why I didn't buy them at first Is because I still don't trust digital download for anything but music.

DVD FTW.

I'd be willing to buy it for the sake of storing these DLCs in a box I won't accidental lose or damage.

Same here, looks like the BIS shrine will get a new addition. :)

Exactly, although I bought both DLCs from Sprocket, I will buy this just to have it on original DVD. :)

Nice... I already owned BAF & PMC... but I wouldn't mind buy it again either.

I agree the DVD cover is nice. With printed map(s) coming along... I'm sure it's a must buy for me

Will/are the usual suspects (Meridian4-NA) publish/ing this compilation?

I was wondering who will be publishing this?:confused:

You might get an answer 25 March 2011 ArmA II: Reinforcements ;)

18633043x.jpg

Hmmm, the chap with the L85A2 in that picture may want to have a rethink on his shooting technique, nice way to remove his teeth with the cocking handle and receiving a hot empty case in the face firing it left handed! :)