Sign in to follow this  
Cytreen

Extrating PMC PBOs

Is there currently anyway to open the .pbo for the PMC DLC in arma 2. I have ben using ExtractPbo1.77 and depbo 3.30. I get a DePbo unknown header type.

All i am needing is the whole missions_pmc.pbo. I would greatly appreciate the help with a tool to depbo the PMC Missions. I learn allot from them.

Edited by Cytreen

You should be able extract that missions_pmc.pbo file from "ArmA 2\Common" - those mission files are same as normal ones

mate this is AWESOME! thank you so much been driving me nuts trying to get this.this way Bohemia Interactive is still makin their money and us editors get to make top missions and learn a thing or two.thanks heaps.

I tried that and it says unkown block in header. I tried it under common and under the mods. BAF and PMC say that.

I got cpbo from Kegetys. and now OA files open but not those two

The campaign folder only has fiiles you put in it. The missions and campaigns are in a pbo file in the addon folder for each dlc.

Elitness says "DePbo Entry's reserved field non-zero"

What should i do ????? :confused:

now it says "DePBO unknown header type" Confused

Edited by arvaakuka

i used eliteness and it worked when i extracted the ones from the common folder,only the missions worked.if need be i can put them up for grabs here

The structure of the mission files are a bit different than what I normally see in arma 2. Another problem is that the mission files are "Read Only" and can not be loaded into the Editor in arma. As this is the way i learn most new things in arma is looking at how its placed in the editor. Sense the files are read only except cp00.zargabad I can not see how the missions are put together. I have not tryed the BAF DLC yet but i realy want to see how some of the PMC missions look in the editor so i know all the naming conventions and correct linking in init fields. I really want to see how mission 2 or 3 is done with the IED scripting in PMC as when they explode you feel the force of the explosion.

At least i am able to read the files in notepad and see how everything is layed out from a coding standpoint. I wonder whats with the new structure with .hpp

For toughs wanting to DePbo the PMC Scenarios its in the missions2_pmc.pbo

The read-only is caused by the missing sqm (mission editor file), which the single player missions are missing in most cases that I see. I used a hex editor to look at the missions_baf.pbo in the BAF\Addons folder, and it seems to have sqm files as I expected. Basically I found the random seeds in there, and they cannot be found in the common pbo version, for which I used Windows Grep to search all extracted files.

In short, I think they left the sqm's out on purpose :D

Thats just too bad, I learned a lot about mission making by looking at "squad commander" in Arma 2.

I would like it when BIS would release some templates or editor missions just to teach you how to do stuff or show off what they can do with this game. (they just keep on amazing me!)

Would be so nice to get some visual affects templates.

oO, could we get at least a file-listing of "plants_pmc.pbo", "roads_pmc.pbo" and "structures_pmc.pbo"?

For my set of functions to distinguish objects without classes I need the filenames of the p3d's. Well, now I'm screwed - only with ProvingGrounds_PMC for now, but I guess there will be more to come.. :(

Any chance of posting them?

:)

I tried unpacking the "characters_pmc.pbo" using Eliteness and DePBO and I got the "unknown header type" error, anyone figure out why this is on certain files? I just wanted to access the faces for a project.

Edit - I found the characters pbo in the common folder as well, but they are tiny 128x128 .paa files. grrrr

Edited by Switch556

I tried unpacking the "characters_pmc.pbo" using Eliteness and DePBO and I got the "unknown header type" error, anyone figure out why this is on certain files? I just wanted to access the faces for a project.

Edit - I found the characters pbo in the common folder as well, but they are tiny 128x128 .paa files. grrrr

They are protected content the DLCs are which why you can not unpack them.