Sign in to follow this  
DOA

Dedicated server won't allow anyone to take slot 1.

Very strange issue since patching to 1.57 my dedi server will not allow me to play slot 1 on any multiplayer mission. I am only loading the default missions that came with ArmA 2, OA, BAF and PMC. You can connect to the server and play any slot except 1. The scoreboard always shows _ _ Server_ _ as slot 1 when you abort the mission. Of course this is a big problem as slot 1 is always the group leader. I can not find any info searching. I must be using the wrong search words. If anyone knows about this issue please post or contact me. Thank you.

Server ip so you can test if you like: 174.109.126.179

Edited by DOA

More info: I stopped the server. Then opened ArmA 2 - OA - BAF - PMC and started a server actually playing on the server and I am only able to select slot 1, I am unable to select other slots in MP mission when playing on the server machine. (I normally run only dedicated server on this pc but played it to test) So this server machine is somehow locked into slot 1?

---------- Post added at 10:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:58 PM ----------

Further testing: The same condition exists on my steam account. (I use the digital download version on my main PC and the server and I have a steam account with all BIS titles purchased for use at work and on my laptop.)

This issue of only being able to play slot 1 when hosting a listen server or the dedicated server taking slot 1, so that live players joining the server can not play slot 1, only happens on certain missions. Other mp missions work fine. The mission on Takistan "One shot one kill" is an example of a mission with this issue. My best guess is that something in the last patch broke some of the existing missions.

Edited by DOA

It's caused by playing a campaign / mission designed for listen-servers on a dedicated. The mission has a flag called forceInServer=1 on the first player slot, meaning this slot needs to be taken. The downside to this being the host can't swap this slot with anyone else. When the host is dedicated, __server__ takes the slot to fill the requirement.

There is no remedy, it's just a mission design flaw. It's been around since release, is it possible you only just noticed?

It's caused by playing a campaign / mission designed for listen-servers on a dedicated. The mission has a flag called forceInServer=1 on the first player slot, meaning this slot needs to be taken. The downside to this being the host can't swap this slot with anyone else. When the host is dedicated, __server__ takes the slot to fill the requirement.

There is no remedy, it's just a mission design flaw. It's been around since release, is it possible you only just noticed?

Yes, I just noticed. LOL

I have not played many of the default missions. I have been editing and playing my own. Just rebuilt the server with fresh installs and didn't have any of my missions on it yet. Thank you very much...dn

Did some find a workaround for this?

I would like to host a coop campaign, but one of my friend is more experienced with team tactics so he would be the leader...