Sign in to follow this  
Kurbz

NA Player unable to find NA server!!

I recently started playing ArmA 2 again after a long period of time. I don't remember having this problem before however I am unable to find any NA servers. I have a lot of servers in my browser, however onle 4-6 of which have people playing. Most if not all of the populated servers are usually Russian.

I bought the game off Steam a while back. Is there a setting I have to change?

Please help. Trying to work as a team is really hard when everyone else speaking russian...

It's on Steam so It should have done it automatically. I'm pretty sure I have the latest version.

Set your in-game filter to "c5" and you will find a North American server.

That didn't work. I tried put c5 in different boxes and nothing came up.

C5 is usually one of the top populated US servers during the evening or later. It is very well run too, I suggest it also.

Check my Comment for TGW. We're located in North America and have two servers located in Chicago. One has my Warfare and Gungame, the other has Co-ops, Domination modes and much much more.

The problem is, I can't find ANY North American Servers. Its almost like I have a European version of the game and it wont show any North American servers. Even though I live in Canada.

Kurbz, the server was running when I checked on Friday, but before posting here today (Saturday) I checked again and found it shut down. I went ahead a started it up a short while ago. Typically you will find things getting started on that server around 10 PM EST / 9 CST / 8 MST / 7 PST, but it is not unusual to find people on there sooner. The C5 server is also based in Chicago.

Here is how I have my filter set up:

What_I_see1.jpg

And as a result:

What_I_see2.jpg

I hope that helps.

Thanks M9ACE I'll try that again at around 10. Mosh, thanks for the list! If all else fails I'll just start connecting to servers via IP.

I think what happened is I somehow had bought the non American version off steam... anyways.. I'll keep trying. Thanks guys.

---------- Post added at 01:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 AM ----------

Sorry for the double post.

UPDATE:

I tried the filter settings again and I get NO results. I also tried joining an American server based in New York via IP and the bad version message popped up.

the version of the game im running is 1.08.74450

Edited by Kurbz

You might find less servers running stock Arma 2. Many have gone on to Operation Arrowhead (either standalone or as combined operations).

Anyone have any idea what this is abnout, just got game today and it says I have changed files?????

I did the filter c5 thing, and found a good 17 players with great ping (31) but when I try to join it says I am missing files???

Kurbz, the C5 server is running in Combined Operations mode, so you would need to purchase Operation Arrowhead in order to play there.