Sign in to follow this  
Yamatoforever

Garish light and whistle remove?

The garish light and the whistle with the firing or impact irritate me! Can one not switch off this or remove?

the flash is realistic. film and photos don't often capture it due to limited frame or shutter speed.

the whistle is also a realistic representation of rounds flying near you.

<object width="640" height="390"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAVCxqm7a7U&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAVCxqm7a7U&hl=en_US&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></embed></object>

I meant this effect in this video what is the case however constantly in Arma! At TIME 1:12 min. Edited by Yamatoforever

It happens in the game when you're near a massive explosion. Ears ringing seems pretty realistic to me after a tank goes off.

Im not sure becasue its long time I dont play arma 2 vanilla, but I think that that effect is only in ACE 2 mod, you has to use earplugs to prevent that. Anyway, thats a realistic part of the game also

Maybe I have also wandered! But, nevertheless, in Arma2 this effect is there also! Or do I lie there wrong?

well, if it is also in arma 2 valilla, then you cant turn it off that effect

Maybe I have also wandered! But, nevertheless, in Arma2 this effect is there also! Or do I lie there wrong?

It's called shellshocked. When you're that close to a tankblast, the flash is almost blinding and the sound of the blast is deafening hence the ringin in your ears. Even earplugs provide very little protection to that sound.

@Yamatoforever

Originally Posted by zachanscom

gotta be honest, that never happens to me. are you using a mod?

Originally Posted by Yamatoforever

NO!

Invasion 1944 is a big mod.

I assume they have tweaked the explosion efects on player aswell, better ask in their official thread.

Edited by Demonized

@Yamatoforever

Originally Posted by zachanscom

Originally Posted by Yamatoforever

Invasion 1944 is a big mod.

I assume they have tweaked the explosion efects on player aswell, better ask in their official thread.

Is right! Invasion44 is a mod! Sorry! But to me was in such a way as if I had seen this effect already in Arma2! Hence my question. I hope that one can switch off him nevertheless.