Sign in to follow this  
AnimalMother92

ACE 1.7 (Advanced Combat Enviroment) for OA/CO

We just started to run ACE in our squad and we love it. To be honest I can't even bring myself to play the game without it now.

Thanks so much!

did you change bullet impacts ? there is much less smoke now, the old ones were better imo

ps: I am also using WarFx Blastcore so I am not sure which one is responsible for that change

Ummm that's the cause!

Top stuff guys!

One question though (and Ive searched on here and Google) is about the CQB sights being removed due to functionality from OA... I'd like to know what this means because for my Aussie troops with the Steyr having quick battle sights in indispensable.

where is de keyconfiguration file? I dont have the interaction key anymore and im not sure if this is for the ACE update or some other mod I use :s

Anyway, thanks for the update and Merry Christmas to all!

Can someone explain to me what this means and how do i accomplish it?

Ensure that the 'A.C.E. Mod (Vanilla)' preset is selected. (Click inside the preset field, and select it)

Top job guys, not really seeing any bugs on the servers at the moment, there is still a hefty loading time, but it is initializing WAY better now. :)

Top job guys, not really seeing any bugs on the servers at the moment, there is still a hefty loading time, but it is initializing WAY better now. :)
Not much we can do about, script initialization at (least at) preInit takes 5-6 times longer for JIP players than for servers or when you join from start. For ACE, on my machine, that means 60 seconds vs about 12.

If you want to see how much longer it takes for you on JIP, check out the rpt file, and compare PreInit start and end;

JIP

20142	[17187,352.754,0,"XEH: PreInit Started. v3.0.6"]
	20257	[17187,431.635,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished"]

431 - 352: 79 seconds

Normal

19618	[525,151.511,0,"XEH: PreInit Started. v3.0.6"]
	19735	[525,170.238,0,"XEH: PreInit Finished"]

170 - 151: 19 seconds

A rejoin usually goes a lot quicker.

---------- Post added at 11:20 ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 ----------

Can someone explain to me what this means and how do i accomplish it?

Ensure that the 'A.C.E. Mod (Vanilla)' preset is selected. (Click inside the preset field, and select it)

Try the vids; http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater_Suite+gallery

---------- Post added at 11:21 ---------- Previous post was at 11:20 ----------

where is de keyconfiguration file? I dont have the interaction key anymore and im not sure if this is for the ACE update or some other mod I use :s

Anyway, thanks for the update and Merry Christmas to all!

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_Settings_Userconfig_and_Clippi

Edited by Sickboy

Do batteries for the Vector21B, SOFLAM etc run down ie. you need to carry more than 1 set in case the first one u loaded ran out of juice?

Thanks and merry christmas.

Do batteries for the Vector21B, SOFLAM etc run down ie. you need to carry more than 1 set in case the first one u loaded ran out of juice?

Thanks and merry christmas.

Yes. :)

Yes. :)

Oh they do? Hmmm is there a battery meter or rough estimate how long they last? Not sure how many slots to waste on some batteries instead of ammo/grenades...

Thanks.

Okay, I'm having trouble getting ACE2 to work with Combined Operations. I can get it to work for regular ARMA 2 and Operation Arrowhead, but I can't seem to figure out what I need to do in order to get it to run for Combined Operations.

I run Combined Operations through the menu option on Steam when I launch through the Operation Arrowhead game.

Is it possible that the Vehicle FLIR is bugged?

If I activate it I just see people but no houses or other objects.

It´s not even possible to raise or lower the sensitive.

Default battery life for rangefinder can be found here. SOFLAM lasts 90 minutes by default (with or without laser on, laser just creates heat, not completely realistic). Vector 21 does not run out of batteries.

Okay, I'm having trouble getting ACE2 to work with Combined Operations. I can get it to work for regular ARMA 2 and Operation Arrowhead, but I can't seem to figure out what I need to do in order to get it to run for Combined Operations.

I run Combined Operations through the menu option on Steam when I launch through the Operation Arrowhead game.

Use SpiritedMachine's Arma 2 Launcher, save yourself from headaches ;)

Use SpiritedMachine's Arma 2 Launcher, save yourself from headaches ;)

Never heard of that but I suppose I may look into it. I'd still prefer to be able to run it through normal means.

I tried launching through the Addon Sync's built in launcher, but it only seems to work for connecting to specific servers. When I disconnect from the origin server and attempt to go to other MP servers, the game seems to have reverted to OA with ACE instead of being CO with ACE.

Default battery life for rangefinder can be found here. SOFLAM lasts 90 minutes by default (with or without laser on, laser just creates heat, not completely realistic). Vector 21 does not run out of batteries.

Thank you very much! ;)

:pet5:I was wondering if it's possible to temporarily take out the ACE settings option in the ESC menu? I use the RTEditor and with ACE running, both RTE and ACE settings occupy the same space. Clicking it only activates the ACE settings.

I was able to do this before when you once had 'configure' in that spot. I opened a pbo and changed it so configure wasn't there.

If i can do it, i can use the RTE and finally use ACE again, then when i finsih editing i can put it back in. I just don't know if it will cause anyproblems. And not sure which pbo i would edit.

I would try to change the rte one but ACE adds an extra box, and rte would still be underneath it.

Thanks for any help. And remember it's christmas so at least be nice if you say NO!:pet5:

:pet5:I was wondering if it's possible to temporarily take out the ACE settings option in the ESC menu? I use the RTEditor and with ACE running, both RTE and ACE settings occupy the same space. Clicking it only activates the ACE settings.

I was able to do this before when you once had 'configure' in that spot. I opened a pbo and changed it so configure wasn't there.

If i can do it, i can use the RTE and finally use ACE again, then when i finsih editing i can put it back in. I just don't know if it will cause anyproblems. And not sure which pbo i would edit.

I would try to change the rte one but ACE adds an extra box, and rte would still be underneath it.

Thanks for any help. And remember it's christmas so at least be nice if you say NO!:pet5:

Works fine here; do you run the latest version, 1.7 ?

2eewql3_thumb.png

I just updated all my ace and everything and it finally works! Merry christmas to me!! Thanks

Wait, where are all the Desert Strykers? In RTE they aren't there. When I load a mission in the regular editor that has them, I scroll the mouse over them and it says they are strykers, but when i click on them, it says they are m1a2 tusks.

I'm guessing it's because they are always green. I was actually surprised that bis made them tan. but the mortar and command are still tan. No big deal i guess unless i want green and get tan.

Edited by victim913

Hello,

I was wondering if anyone could explain how to use ace but keep the recoil of rifles as found in the vanilla game. Is there a pbo I should remove or config values to change? Any help would be appreciated! :)

Since I installed the new ACE version I have been falling down after shooting the Javelin and remaining frozen, anyone else have this problem? I am not running any other mods with 1.7 ACE except for the latest CBA.

Nevermind, looks like an issue with Mando missle and ACE 1.7 which I not sure how to fix.

Edited by stevedrumsdw