Sign in to follow this  
AnimalMother92

ACE 1.7 (Advanced Combat Enviroment) for OA/CO

Hi!

Just passing by to say that hand signals are really cool and kind of useful. Some of them are weird (not your fault, of course) and the cease fire make me lol hard (dunno why).

I forgot what else I wanna to write so.... Congrats for the last release!

I've searched the internet looking for this but have had no luck.

Is there a way to reverse-taxi aircraft? Someone mentioned ACE allows this but I have not seen a feature about it on the ACE site.

I've been trying to load a nuke onto an A-10 using the Ammo Exchange module but since it's in a hangar it's impossible to get to and then reverse out.

Thanks in advance.

Try to use that little "car" to tow the aircraft if is possible.

Is there a way to reverse-taxi aircraft? Someone mentioned ACE allows this but I have not seen a feature about it on the ACE site.

I've been trying to load a nuke onto an A-10 using the Ammo Exchange module but since it's in a hangar it's impossible to get to and then reverse out.

Thanks in advance.

Check the tow feature in the WAGN. Also as smurfb mentioned, there's an aircraft tow vehicle(little "car").

Hi!

Just passing by to say that hand signals are really cool and kind of useful. Some of them are weird (not your fault, of course) and the cease fire make me lol hard (dunno why).

I forgot what else I wanna to write so.... Congrats for the last release!

Try to use that little "car" to tow the aircraft if is possible.

During kitting up pre op yesterday there was a lot of hand signal groping goin on :p

Useful for waving to people

Check the tow feature in the WAGN. Also as smurfb mentioned, there's an aircraft tow vehicle(little "car").

I swear I'm trying as hard as I can to make this work.

I have the rope attached to the tow tractor (little airport car) and I have it backed up against the A-10. I'm trying to attach it by

A) using the interaction menu on the a-10 (no options show)

B) Using interaction on rope (only Load into towing tractor)

C) Interaction on the Tow Tractor (only remove rope)

lol I feel so stupid driving this little thing back and forth and bumping into the A-10. I've tried all distances but I'm out of ideas!

I swear I'm trying as hard as I can to make this work.

I have the rope attached to the tow tractor (little airport car) and I have it backed up against the A-10. I'm trying to attach it by

A) using the interaction menu on the a-10 (no options show)

B) Using interaction on rope (only Load into towing tractor)

C) Interaction on the Tow Tractor (only remove rope)

lol I feel so stupid driving this little thing back and forth and bumping into the A-10. I've tried all distances but I'm out of ideas!

Just tested using an A-10 and the Towing Tractor, you don´t even need a rope. Just get close to the airplane and select Attach in the Action Menu (Scroll).

Don´t tested with other vehicles\rope thought.

Just tested using an A-10 and the Towing Tractor, you don´t even need a rope. Just get close to the airplane and select Attach in the Action Menu (Scroll).

Don´t tested with other vehicles\rope thought.

Doh! Couple of questions first:

1) Do you need to stay in the tow-tractor?

2) How close do you need to be to the A-10?

3) What direction did you approach the A-10 with? For example you back up to the front of it or you pulled up behind it facing it.

EDIT: GOT IT! I back that sucker right into the front wheel of the A-10 and saw the option in the radial menu. Off I was, A10 in tow. I probably drove around with it attached for about 5 minutes before realizing I had no Ammo Exchange module put it in to take it to. Time for nukes! :D

EDIT 2: I need a very up to date classlist or something to fill my ammo box with. Anyone know of a good link that is the most up to date? I'd use this: http://browser.dev-heaven.net/cfg_weapons/generator , but not sure how recent it is. I noticed they didn't have all of the latest A-10 variants so I'm guessing it's not very current?

Also, I'm using UGAF ACE Dev's yas to update ACE. Will it always have the most recent? I've used the six updater before but was not a fan. I see they have a new GUI beta out that looks pretty slick. Is it ok to rely on that yas repo to stay up-to-date instead of the six updater?

Edited by zuff

Thanks in advance.

You might already know this, but to eliminate the need for a hangar just throw this in the init of the EASA module.

this setVariable["NUKES", 1]; this setVariable["NoHangar", true] 

You might already know this, but to eliminate the need for a hangar just throw this in the init of the EASA module.

this setVariable["NUKES", 1]; this setVariable["NoHangar", true] 

I did not! That's very useful indeed! Thanks.

I did not! That's very useful indeed! Thanks.

I found it very difficult to get Gnat's B-52 in the hangar... :)

Note that there are several ACE modules that affect what everyone can do VS what only a medic can do. Of course without ACE wounds module you will not get any of ACE's injury system and the items are useless - Medic-ing people up works just like in vanilla if the module is not present. This is probably to keep backwards compatibility with missions that weren't designed around ACE medical system, and also gives an option for mission makers to not use that system.

Thats what i thought im running ace with all the stuff six update downloaded, ace acex cba acesm usnavy and ru, when im injured i can use the medics equipment but if my ai is injured the standard arma 2 heal option is there but doesnt do anything and then when i click the menu to heal they are all unhighlighted..

What mission (and version) were you playing? Since these things are mission-specific it's hard to tell what's going wrong without knowing what the mission is.

From what I can see on http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Tracking+notes the least complicated way to do it is to add

(group _unit) setVariable ["ace_sys_tracking_marker_override", true]

to all the groups you don't want to track.

How exactly is this used?

Do I need to name each group on the map? Or do I just name the first unit of every group I want disabled, like this:

(group pat1) setVariable ["ace_sys_tracking_marker_override", true];

pat1 is the name of the group leader. Or do I put the group name where pat1 is?

I'm trying to exclude every group on the map from using markers except for a select few groups.

I've tried both and the markers for these groups still appear on the map. I'm putting that code into the group leader's init line.(That's how I want to do it, not via an external script.)

I have a question about medic system.

I had it turned on. all my units had 2 bandages. I opened fire on them and they start bandaging up right there out in the open as soon as they get shot.

Is there any way of getting them to wait until they find some cover?

Thanks

hi,

will give you the mk46 and M249 para to the latest version to arma2 for OA??

Edited by Ei8ght

What mission (and version) were you playing? Since these things are mission-specific it's hard to tell what's going wrong without knowing what the mission is.

Im playing the warfare chux 7b version as a medic, im running the server myself because there doesnt seem to be any others.

Trying to create an ammo crate filler script but I can't seem to find an up to date version of the classlist.

http://browser.dev-heaven.net/cfg_weapons/classlist is only up to Update 1 and still contains a lot of weapons that don't exist anymore.

There has to be a quicker way to do this, no?

Like which weapons?

Perhaps you are not running ACEX_RU and _USNavy expansions?

---------- Post added at 16:02 ---------- Previous post was at 16:00 ----------

How exactly is this used?

Do I need to name each group on the map? Or do I just name the first unit of every group I want disabled, like this:

(group pat1) setVariable ["ace_sys_tracking_marker_override", true];

pat1 is the name of the group leader. Or do I put the group name where pat1 is?

I'm trying to exclude every group on the map from using markers except for a select few groups.

I've tried both and the markers for these groups still appear on the map. I'm putting that code into the group leader's init line.(That's how I want to do it, not via an external script.)

You can use;

_myMarkerGroups = [group1, group2, group3]; // Groups that should have markers.
{ if !(_x in _myMarkerGroups) then { _x setVariable ["ace_sys_tracking_marker_override", true] } } forEach allGroups;

I have a question about medic system.

I had it turned on. all my units had 2 bandages. I opened fire on them and they start bandaging up right there out in the open as soon as they get shot.

Is there any way of getting them to wait until they find some cover?

Thanks

Not easily, the problem is also that by the time they find cover, they could have lost too much blood and bleed to death or at least into unconsciousness, so it's not easy to handle.

Currently it's delayed by some seconds and small random factor.

If you have ideas, feel free to let us know on our issue tracker.

Edited by Sickboy

Like which weapons?

Perhaps you are not running ACEX_RU and _USNavy expansions?

I wasn't. I'm sure this is the problem. Apologies! :j:\

EDIT: Running RU and USNavy is still giving me these errors:

"M203Muzzle.scope"

Not sure what could be causing this, though. It's not listed in the crate filler. Possibly another addon?

Edited by zuff

I wasn't. I'm sure this is the problem. Apologies! :j:\

EDIT: Running RU and USNavy is still giving me these errors:

"M203Muzzle.scope"

Not sure what could be causing this, though. It's not listed in the crate filler. Possibly another addon?

It's a problem in one of the boxes, solved for Friday.

Also, I'm using UGAF ACE Dev's yas to update ACE. Will it always have the most recent? I've used the six updater before but was not a fan. I see they have a new GUI beta out that looks pretty slick. Is it ok to rely on that yas repo to stay up-to-date instead of the six updater?

Hi, i'm also using the same method and server, as long as Cross and G-Man-853 keep their YAS repos updated everytime a new update comes up we shld be fine. Hope that helps.

I couldn't find any weapons that actually require ACEX_RU and ACEX_USNavy? They seem to all be in ACEX (or OA or vanilla Arma 2).

I couldn't find any weapons that actually require ACEX_RU and ACEX_USNavy? They seem to all be in ACEX (or OA or vanilla Arma 2).
I actually meant Combined Ops, as that contains weapons missing from OA Standalone :)

_RU and _USnavy just has weapon boxes.

Can some please point me to the instructions on how to use the Jerry cans to transfer fuel? I looked on the devhaven site but couldn't find them. Thanks