Sign in to follow this  
AnimalMother92

ACE 1.7 (Advanced Combat Enviroment) for OA/CO

nevermind nice new version but pls make the m230much faster aiming

Edited by Konrad1

Hi, i like a wounding system but in my clan, lot of people don't play with this feature becouse. the "First Aid" time is too long.

it's possible change the TREAD_TIME value from 120 sec. to 60 sec. into init.sqf??

Thanks

Hi, i like a wounding system but in my clan, lot of people don't play with this feature becouse. the "First Aid" time is too long.

it's possible change the TREAD_TIME value from 120 sec. to 60 sec. into init.sqf??

Thanks

Not at this time, however the treat_time is only 120 seconds at 100% damage, and when not at a medical facility (medic vehicle, tent, etc).

At a medical facility it is already only 60 seconds at 100% damage. 50% damage = 30 seconds ... etc.

It is recommended to med-evac units, or at least take care of a medical vehicle in your squad/platoon ;-)

For a list of configuration variables see: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Wounding_System+notes

And for details about the current state of the wounding system see; http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Wounds_Overhaul

It's probably not worthwhile to drive all the way to a medical facility just to save 60 seconds on treatment. Though if you want to get fully healed as far as I understand you need the medical facility (at least on default), but then again if the field healing brings you to almost 100% then it's again possibly not really worth bothering with the trip.

I don't get to do healing all the time but it seems it would be useful to be able to cancel the action once you're in the middle of it. I've begun administering before before only to have an unknown Opfor spring up and nothing I can do about it.

I don't get to do healing all the time but it seems it would be useful to be able to cancel the action once you're in the middle of it. I've begun administering before before only to have an unknown Opfor spring up and nothing I can do about it.
You can, open treatment in interaction menu while healing, and choose cancel heal.

I've never seen that option. I guess I was dead too fast. :)

Huh? Why don't USMC have aimpoints anymore?

All their riflemen have M16A4s with iron sights.

And the lovely, lovely DMRs have been replaced with some 5.56 rifle.

The magazines for that M27 thing are messed up. The first one loaded fires tracers like normal, but afterwords all the mags are called BetaC and have no tracers.

Edited by maturin

Huh? Why don't USMC have aimpoints anymore?

All their riflemen have M16A4s with iron sights.

And the lovely, lovely DMRs have been replaced with some 5.56 rifle.

The magazines for that M27 thing are messed up. The first one loaded fires tracers like normal, but afterwords all the mags are called BetaC and have no tracers.

It's part of the equipment revamp.

The Marines prefer ACOGs over Aimpoints for the most part.

It's a placeholder for a SAM-R.

Yup, ticket?

What I would like to know...

Are there any known issues (SP, MP, Campaigns etc.) with ACE 1.7 + J.S.R.S. 1.2 + WarFX: Blastcore R1.1 + Zeus AI?

Hello all new to the forums and i hope this is the right place to ask the following, if not i apologise. Basically ive had arma 2 for over a year and played ace for months before life tookover and i had no time to play however last week i installed arma 2 again and noticed oa had been released and got that too so i obviously wanted to get ace back my problem is i have arma 2 on disc and oa on steam so when the updater suite runs it doesnt install the russian or us addons because it doesnt recognise me as having combined ops (which i do) how can i install these two?

Also just a couple of little things with my action menu now im guessing the ace documentation means the action menu as in scrolling the mouse? When i do i dont get options that i think should be there like the medic system or track ir from the m203?

Help would be very much appreciated!

Sorry i think i have sorted the problems above i pressed a random button and this little menu came up with track ir and medic menu, i still cant heal myself or others though even though i have the equipment?

Sorry i think i have sorted the problems above i pressed a random button and this little menu came up with track ir and medic menu, i still cant heal myself or others though even though i have the equipment?

Is there an ACE2 Wound System module on the map?

It's part of the equipment revamp.

The Marines prefer ACOGs over Aimpoints for the most part.

But surely they don't prefer iron sights over aimpoint?

Only Team Leaders and Grenadiers and such have the Acogs.

What I would like to know...

Are there any known issues (SP, MP, Campaigns etc.) with ACE 1.7 + J.S.R.S. 1.2 + WarFX: Blastcore R1.1 + Zeus AI?

That's the combo I use everyday. There are a few conflicts with Blastcore, and be careful to only use the Zeus files meant for ACE.

At least for non SF units, it's mostly ACOGs and irons

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?167027-The-United-States-Marine-Corps

The Marines pride themselves as a marksmans culture, as for this reasoning you'll find almost nothing but ACOGs equipped on their standard rifles.

Is there an ACE2 Wound System module on the map?

I have no idea, surely a medic should be able to heal as standard in some way? Otherwise whats the point in giving the medic role or equipment to do it?

Sickboy, is it possible for you to make the guns match the guns used by combat troops in afghanistan more? Also, maybe a possibility of a variant of m4 with a aACOG and with the bipod handgrip used on the m27?

Why does the ACE2 A10 have two timed burst fire modes for the GAU8 cannon? In real life it's a fully automatic weapon system; tap it and short burst, hold for longer.

Also, is it possible to implement a airburst round into ACE? I think it might be great for those grenade launchers.

ACE 1.7 Update 3 (Jan 14, 2011)

Added: HandSignals (rocko)

and this practically means a free: woot is dis?

I have no idea, surely a medic should be able to heal as standard in some way? Otherwise whats the point in giving the medic role or equipment to do it?

Note that there are several ACE modules that affect what everyone can do VS what only a medic can do. Of course without ACE wounds module you will not get any of ACE's injury system and the items are useless - Medic-ing people up works just like in vanilla if the module is not present. This is probably to keep backwards compatibility with missions that weren't designed around ACE medical system, and also gives an option for mission makers to not use that system.

I've searched the internet looking for this but have had no luck.

Is there a way to reverse-taxi aircraft? Someone mentioned ACE allows this but I have not seen a feature about it on the ACE site.

I've been trying to load a nuke onto an A-10 using the Ammo Exchange module but since it's in a hangar it's impossible to get to and then reverse out.

Thanks in advance.