Sign in to follow this  
AnimalMother92

ACE 1.7 (Advanced Combat Enviroment) for OA/CO

Where can I download V.1.8 without the Six Updater ?

Regards (ST6)Predator

All download and other information is available on our website: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Download

There is no 1.8 stable release yet, just ongoing development 1.8 RC1.

What issues do you experience with the new updater?

http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater_2_0_reaches_Release_Candidate_status

Edited by Sickboy

The new Six Updater is way cool. It's even easier to use than YAS. Using it to update both clients and dedicated servers. Tested and working great on Win7 64bit and Win2003 32bit.

The new Six Updater is way cool. It's even easier to use than YAS. Using it to update both clients and dedicated servers. Tested and working great on Win7 64bit and Win2003 32bit.
I take that as a big compliment, thank you! YAS is also a great tool btw.

New version is awesome. I have testing all morning. The profiles work great. Does anybody know whats up with the pmc Somalia mod it is staying yellow when adding.

No animation when placing satchels, possibly breaks satchel context menu as well

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/16894

EDIT: ok why is this 'by design'?

Isn't satchel appearing out of thin air under soldier's feet a bit unrealistic?

Edited by metalcraze

is the @CSM2 sound mod on the six-updater the most recent version? or is the CSM2OA on the actual CSM2 mod page the most recent?

Im not sure if this is a bug or what, but some bipod weapons doesnt work in prone position, for example the SVD Dragunov

Thanks guys re Six Updater, the updater thread is a seperate thread though; http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=98609 (Feel free to let me know about new mod versions etc)

Re CSM2 it's ArmA2 non OA mod, the Game column shows for which game it is (might have to scroll to the right), click the info button next to a mod to go to the updater portal and find the readme, changelog etc info.

CSM2OA is now also available.

---------- Post added at 09:50 ---------- Previous post was at 09:50 ----------

Im not sure if this is a bug or what, but some bipod weapons doesnt work in prone position, for example the SVD Dragunov

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting

Edited by Sickboy

Hmm, does the SVD even have a bipod ingame?

I haven't seen many with bipods on pictures either.. Need to go ingame and look at it again.

Yeah I've only seen SVD bipods as an aftermarket accessory.

I just tried SVD Dragunov with bipod and it works fine for me in the prone position

I have an idea that ACE is hiding my interaction menu when IT thinks it isn't neccesary.

How can I spawn the interation menu?

Default space?

Well, it works with vehicles but only that.

I also saw that there is a bug in the 1.7 edition.

When I tried blowing up a friendly BMP2D (russian) on a patrol (cycle) with an rpg7, it wont even scratch.

Its impossible to have actual working foldable bipods right? As in, you actually have a folding and unfolding animation instead of it being in bipod mode for machineguns all the time.

New version is awesome. I have testing all morning. The profiles work great. Does anybody know whats up with the pmc Somalia mod it is staying yellow when adding.

If you already had the mod installed manually, it will not update/install over the Six Updater.

You first need to run Convert action on your preset, so the modfolders which are in your preset, but are not installed by updater first will be converted, then when you run Install or Update, it will be updated to the version on the Six Updater network and it should turn Green.

In lib update 37 i've added brown color for modfolders that exist but are not managed by Six Updater.

For future feedback/bug reports, please find the Six Updater issue tracker and the BIF thread; http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=98609

If you already had the mod installed manually, it will not update/install over the Six Updater.

You first need to run Convert action on your preset, so the modfolders which are in your preset, but are not installed by updater first will be converted, then when you run Install or Update, it will be updated to the version on the Six Updater network and it should turn Green.

In lib update 37 i've added brown color for modfolders that exist but are not managed by Six Updater.

For future feedback/bug reports, please find the Six Updater issue tracker and the BIF thread; http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=98609

6 updater converted and is now green

in the city though is just a bunch on multi colored boxes with no textures?

and guidance on this would awesome.

hi guys,

idk if it the way my ARMA 2/OA is set up, but im having problem with ACE Wounding system i tried dragging a wounded AI to put on stretcher and i get to drag them for like 2 secs before the AI get dropped and if im quick i can catch the carry command but tht is glitch too and my character dose the lift animation but the wounded AI is still on the ground yet it get attached to me? i thought i ask here see if any one know before i go on to report it on DH

atm on my map i have a 2 man team, and one AI Wounded

it set up with- Full Heal in the Field

Everyone Can use Med Kits

Enable Wounding System

which are all sync to me and it dose not matter who else i sync it too i get the same result.

i did try searching thread using "carry error", "Carry/Drag error", "drag error", "drag glitch", "Carry glitch", "Carry Wounded Error"

i can pack them in a body bag and drag tht no problems at all (is there a way to carry them in a body bag or load them on to the stretcher)

Many thanks peps, no biggy trying to create a Para-rescue mission for myself

Hi,

I´m testing ACE2 at the moment, but there is one thing i can´t figure out:

I want to remove the recognition system and use the vanilla interface with the green/red names and distances. On the feature site it says:

To disable the recognition system you can put this somewhere in any init line.

ACE_NO_RECOGNIZE = true; publicVariable "ACE_NO_RECOGNIZE";

I don´t know what init line in this context means and where to put this line. :confused:

It should work in the init.sqf, any script, or gamelogic init field.

All that command seems to do is to disable names when you look at someone, so it might not be what you're looking for.

Hi,

To disable the recognition system you can put this somewhere in any init line.

ACE_NO_RECOGNIZE = true; publicVariable "ACE_NO_RECOGNIZE";

I don´t know what init line in this context means and where to put this line. :confused:

Open the mision with the editor... doble click any unit/logic... init ... and there it goes ¬¬. Or in the init.sqf ... anywhere where it get executed at leas in the server would work i think.

But i think that that would only disable the ACE recognition, i don't think that that would enable the default(magic recognition/rangefinding) BIS one.

Not sure if this is a bug or not or if it has been reported before (can't figure out how to search issues tickets); but the snipers can not use ear plugs.

hey Sickboy, before I make a ticket about anything, are you guys planning on adding M14 ironsight or M16A1 models?

Hey guys question for you, I have Ace 2 for Arma2, and was going to get it for OA, but am wondering if there

is any difference between the Arma2 version and the OA version?

And

Would the Arma2 version work in OA or should I just get the OA version?

Not sure if this is a bug or not or if it has been reported before (can't figure out how to search issues tickets); but the snipers can not use ear plugs.
hey Sickboy, before I make a ticket about anything, are you guys planning on adding M14 ironsight or M16A1 models?

2vn1hn5_thumb.png

Hey guys question for you, I have Ace 2 for Arma2, and was going to get it for OA, but am wondering if there

is any difference between the Arma2 version and the OA version?

And

Would the Arma2 version work in OA or should I just get the OA version?

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Changes_in_ACE_for_OA

ACE for OA has 6 months more development over ACE for A2 (1.3): http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Changelogs