Sign in to follow this  
AnimalMother92

ACE 1.7 (Advanced Combat Enviroment) for OA/CO

when flying jets how do i avoid the blackouts do i need a mask or a pressure suit or somthing it's realy anoying

Can some please point me to the instructions on how to use the Jerry cans to transfer fuel? I looked on the devhaven site but couldn't find them. Thanks

Put them on the ground beside the vehicle you want. Use your INTERACTION key on them and transfer fuel.

I may be wrong but I believe the self-interaction key deploys the jerry can from your inventory as well.

AFAIK you need to be a pilot class (those wear the appropriate equipment).

Are there any potential issues that can be caused by a server running ACEX_RU and/or ACEX_USNavy when clients aren't running them (or vise-versa), assuming the mission does not have an ACEX_RU and/or ACEX_USNavy dependency (that is, mission loads when those mods aren't running, but may still have USMC/RU units in it)?

Edited by galzohar

Put them on the ground beside the vehicle you want. Use your INTERACTION key on them and transfer fuel.

I may be wrong but I believe the self-interaction key deploys the jerry can from your inventory as well.

OK is the interaction key the keyboard "right-click" key? When I press that it say unpack jerry can at which point it drops on the ground and I lose all interaction with it.

when flying jets how do i avoid the blackouts do i need a mask or a pressure suit or somthing it's realy anoying
AFAIK you need to be a pilot class (those wear the appropriate equipment).

Are there any potential issues that can be caused by a server running ACEX_RU and/or ACEX_USNavy when clients aren't running them (or vise-versa), assuming the mission does not have an ACEX_RU and/or ACEX_USNavy dependency (that is, mission loads when those mods aren't running, but may still have USMC/RU units in it)?

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/G_Forces

As to potential issues running mod-folders of which you don't run content; none known.

Sixth edition of small WIP Roundups - containing note worthy changes that do not warrant seperate blog entries. These changes are included in the next Ongoing Development update.

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/WIP_Roundup_6

Includes a look into Six Updater 2.0 as well :bb:

Reminder;

Bug reports, feedback and suggestions, on our Issue Tracker please!

Follow us on:

Wave / Twitter / Steam

I think the missile • AGM-114L (ATM AH-64D Longbow Apache is not working properly, target lock and launch the missile and misses the target.

Someone should test it and comment on opening a tiket Issue Tracker ;)

Just curious if the Apache gunner could get a better (outzoomed) weapon view? Now people like to choose the Cobra more often because the weapon sight isn't that focused. Maybe just a 3 step zoom through AH64 gunners optics eg "normal view" - "zoomed" - "max zoomed"?

I think the missile • AGM-114L (ATM AH-64D Longbow Apache is not working properly, target lock and launch the missile and misses the target.

Someone should test it and comment on opening a tiket Issue Tracker ;)

What about this: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/16537 ?

;-)

Just curious if the Apache gunner could get a better (outzoomed) weapon view? Now people like to choose the Cobra more often because the weapon sight isn't that focused. Maybe just a 3 step zoom through AH64 gunners optics eg "normal view" - "zoomed" - "max zoomed"?

The thing is, the zoom modes rely on the real counterpart. Same like T-72 optics with fixed magnification.

Covered in the Roundup I think,

• Added: wide FOV mode for AH-64 gunner optics

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/WIP_Roundup_6

Can't wait for the M14 and Browning HP, thanks devs! My only question is if the M14 uses it's tracer rounds?

Don't know if this was reported yet but when playing with full crew in M1A2 TUSK as a commander you can see a loader turned out effectively obscuring a good chunk of your view - but when f.e. you switch to a third person or commander mode you can see that he isn't there and is in fact not turned out.

And a question - how do I use laser range finder on Abrams?

Edited by metalcraze

And a question - how do I use laser range finder on Abrams?

As gunner, press TAB to switch it on. It will take a time do "load" (blinking digits), when they´re ready (stable with a dot) press TAB again to lase and find the range. It will take some time to be able to lase again. There is other options under the Action Menu (scroll) but I dunno what they do really.

For more information: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Tank_Fire_Control_System+howto

Ooh, that Mk. 12 is dire.

I know it's Arma's fault, but not being able to kill people with one round at only 300m makes things rough for USMC marksmen. Is this the standard DMR now, or are we going to see the M39?

Or will the Mk. 262 round get a damage boost?

Hey all wondering why so far there has been no fix to the TOW equipted Humvees not havig any optics. Its near impossible to effectivly aim and guide the missle without at leasat some sort of crosshair or optic. Just wondering about why that hasent been added. Thanks

Laser not understand what code? 1001 1002 1003 1004 1005 1006 500 499 498?? and configure the AGM-114L :D I do not understand at the moment I am unable to missiles 114L :eek:

Hey all wondering why so far there has been no fix to the TOW equipted Humvees not havig any optics. Its near impossible to effectivly aim and guide the missle without at leasat some sort of crosshair or optic. Just wondering about why that hasent been added. Thanks

1. they do have optics (numpad 0)

2. if you want something, come and get it; http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting

As gunner, press TAB to switch it on. It will take a time do "load" (blinking digits), when they´re ready (stable with a dot) press TAB again to lase and find the range. It will take some time to be able to lase again. There is other options under the Action Menu (scroll) but I dunno what they do really.

For more information: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Tank_Fire_Control_System+howto

Thank you man. I actually like this more than the default OA's way. Adds to an otherwise more boring tank commander gameplay.

EDIT: Another question - is there is a way to disable the ability to put the weapon on the back - so players won't be able to grab 2 guns like that at once and only 1 like it is in vanilla.

EDIT2: Why Apaches are so useless even against a mere russian T-72? It takes about 4 hellfires to destroy one - in no way their smoke screens can be that effective.

Seriously dudes, I fire 4 longbow hellfires at a moving BMP3 that has no smoke screens and it still keeps moving like nothing happened. Looks like the just explode over the target dealing no damage.

Edited by metalcraze

Well if you're not hitting then of course it shouldn't be destroyed. I mean, I'm not saying that the guiding system is/isn't working correctly, but if you're missing it's no surprise they survive 4 missiles...

As to potential issues running mod-folders of which you don't run content; none known.

What I meant was that if I have a USMC soldier in a mission (which of course doesn't require ACEX_USNavy), and the server or client are running ACEX_USNavy while the other is not, could there be any potential issues caused by possible changes to that USMC soldier included in ACEX_USNavy? Of course USMC soldier is just an example, could be anything that can be used without ACEX_USNavy/ACEX_RU but might be changed when those are running.

All righty then.

It also would've been nice to know somehow if Hellfire K disabled the tank or not and which tank was attacked, because it's hard to see as a pilot from 1-2km away even with FLIR and it doesn't get removed from the target list for the gunner right away - and I'm not entirely sure which tank was attacked when they move in groups. So I have to waste a missile or two.

Please find the issue tracker if you have feedback or bug reports.