Sign in to follow this  
AnimalMother92

ACE 1.7 (Advanced Combat Enviroment) for OA/CO

The documentation told me save everything to settings.ace.

The settings files created by Clippi is settings.ace.hpp.

IIRC, simply naming a text file settings.ace.hpp did not work either.

That doesn't sound right.

settings.ace.hpp is wrong, it's just settings.ace

Not sure what's going on, but it is an easy process and it should work just fine.

• Launch ACE Clippi (and leave it open!) - If you have Vista/7 you probably have to Run as Administrator.
  • Launch the game
  • Change ingame ACE settings
  • Save settings ingame

Done.

Perhaps confused with:

- ace_clientside_config.hpp

- ace_serverconfig.hpp

Which contain the remain settings that cannot be changed in-game and have to be changed this way.

ACE Clippi manages these as well (or at least the clientside).

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_Settings_Userconfig_and_Clippi

If you somehow still have issues, please create a bug report with details, screenshots, version numbers, etc; http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting

Edited by Sickboy

• Launch ACE Clippi (and leave it open!) - If you have Vista/7 you probably have to Run as Administrator.
  • Launch the game
  • Save settings ingame

Done.

It's really that simple.

It's really that simple.

And that's the method that worked. It was the non-Clippi method I had trouble with. But nevermind.

Numpad 0 by default, no remapping required.

Hi Strikor, thanks for that. I know i can use Numpad 0, but the question i intended to ask was why couldn't i use the right mouse button instead since its exactly the same function but just a different key? I have to take 1 hand off just to reach the numpad 0 key...

That doesn't sound right.

settings.ace.hpp is wrong, it's just settings.ace

Not sure what's going on, but it is an easy process and it should work just fine.

• Launch the game
  • Save settings ingame

Done.

Perhaps confused with:

- ace_clientside_config.hpp

- ace_serverconfig.hpp

Which contain the remain settings that cannot be changed in-game and have to be changed this way.

ACE Clippi manages these as well (or at least the clientside).

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_Settings_Userconfig_and_Clippi

If you somehow still have issues, please create a bug report with details, screenshots, version numbers, etc; http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting

Just to reiterate, the settings.ace is just a pure text file that has a ".ace" extension. Seems the '.ace' extension is confusing some ppl.

EDIT: As for the non-clippi method, when you hit the 'save' button in the settings dialog, it copies the entire contents of what 'settings.ace' shld contain in text to the clipboard. So just open 'settings.ace' using your text editor eg.notepad and 'select all' and 'paste' so that the whole file is overwritten with clipboard contents. Then hit save. Thats all.

Hope that helps.

Edited by DukeNukeM.

And that's the method that worked. It was the non-Clippi method I had trouble with. But nevermind.

• Launch the game
  • Change Settings ingame
  • Save settings ingame
  • Create new file / open existing, with notepad: userconfig\ACE\settings.ace
  • Paste clipboard content into the file (CTRL+V)
  • Save the settings.ace file

---------- Post added at 16:31 ---------- Previous post was at 16:30 ----------

Just to reiterate, the settings.ace is just a pure text file that has a ".ace" extension. Seems the '.ace' extension is confusing some ppl.
No matter what it would be called, results would be the same :D

In any case, with ACE Clippi, no-one has to worry about anything :D

Edited by Sickboy

In any case, with ACE Clippi, no-one has to worry about anything :D

I can't figure out why someone would willing not use the Clippi method. ;)

Those who do not have .NET Framework 4.0?

Indeed, Framework 4 for me caused some sluggish operation in xp32 (only my experience).

Plenty of farting about getting things to support an exe (plus again its another exe and process) ... so manual way is good still :)

just one thing about the manual way of changing ace settings (does it become already boring ;) ? )

* Save settings ingame

that's what I forgot to mention in my description above (Post #312) :o

"ctrl" + "insert" won't copy settings into clipboard, of course, it's the save button that does this job...

Clippi method's really more elegant, but it's good to have that manual alternative

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_Settings_dialog#Saving%20Settings

Because it doesn't save any real clicking for the few special ones that are able to paste something into a file ;) (but definitely helps for the many who can't)

I guess everybody now knows that there are two methods which both work and whatever you choose or whatever you like it's solely up to you.

The Clippi app does what it should and it does that very well (specially for an app where the first version was written in just a few minutes) :)

And for the poor XP users, it's time to drop your 10+ year old OS and move on (just kidding :D).

Xeno

And for the poor XP users, it's time to drop your 10+ year old OS and move on (just kidding :D).

From my cold dead hands!

Clippi & net4 working just fine here btw :p

Clippi & net4 working just fine here btw :p

Yeah, I know that .NET 4 works perfectly fine with XP (using it at work too with many XP clients) :)

Xeno

How dare you! :)

I have dual boot with vista and never used vista becuase it was not as good performance, tested back to back :) I could buy win7 and then download net framework 4 and have a wonderful time, but for a clippi tool ... cut and paste will do :)

Yes I agree framework "works" ... its just im diagnosing some sluggish loading and startup issues at the moment, defrag, kill processes, and framework 4 was the latest update I had when things were running slower. So its gone "for now" until I work out what's what and that good ole process of elimination.

Off topic a touch now, will say no more about it.

Is there any proper way to install ace? I keep getting errors.

Check the installation info on the WAGN. First post should have that link.

Yes, "I keep getting errors" means nothing to us unless you explain the errors and tell us how you've set-up OA, ACE2, etc.

Hi Strikor, thanks for that. I know i can use Numpad 0, but the question i intended to ask was why couldn't i use the right mouse button instead since its exactly the same function but just a different key? I have to take 1 hand off just to reach the numpad 0 key...

Hey guys, anyone know why to look thru the spotting scope you have to use the numpad 0 key instead of the right mouse button even they are by default bound to the same game function? I would like to bind only right mouse button to optics key and not have it duplicated as another key on keyboard. :p

Thanks and sorry to be a bother.

I'm having trouble with the tracking feature. I want just 3 specific BLUFOR groups to have the markers show up on the map, all the rest disabled. In my WIP mission there is 3 BLUFOR groups attacking a base from different places. With tracking off in the ACE2 settings the other groups don't show on the map and if I place the force on Module then a bunch of other units/groups show up that I do not want to be visible on the map.

I've been looking at the WAGN and I can't figure out what I need to use or how I should set the variable up. Isn't there a variable to simply turn on the group marker for specific groups? I see there's ways to include/exclude based on GPS or radio in inventory but this way would take me forever to tweak. I'm looking for a really simple way to force off all markers except for a few certain groups, regardless of one's ACE2 settings.

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Documentation

I know about this and have read it. I just don't understand what to use or how to set it up code wise. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I'm having trouble with the tracking feature. I want just 3 specific BLUFOR groups to have the markers show up on the map, all the rest disabled. In my WIP mission there is 3 BLUFOR groups attacking a base from different places. With tracking off in the ACE2 settings the other groups don't show on the map and if I place the force on Module then a bunch of other units/groups show up that I do not want to be visible on the map.

I've been looking at the WAGN and I can't figure out what I need to use or how I should set the variable up. Isn't there a variable to simply turn on the group marker for specific groups? I see there's ways to include/exclude based on GPS or radio in inventory but this way would take me forever to tweak. I'm looking for a really simple way to force off all markers except for a few certain groups, regardless of one's ACE2 settings.

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Documentation

I know about this and have read it. I just don't understand what to use or how to set it up code wise. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

From what I can see on http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Tracking+notes the least complicated way to do it is to add

(group _unit) setVariable ["ace_sys_tracking_marker_override", true]

to all the groups you don't want to track.

Damn! So I gotta put that in every group? Wow I got my work cut out for me. It's too bad there's not a way to make them have the marker activated instead of having to deactivate for every group. Oh well. :)

Another thing, what does the "force group markers on" module do? It doesn't seem to work. Shouldn't it force the markers on for that mission even if the player has group markers turned off in the ACE2 settings? The markers will not appear unless I turn group markers on in the settings menu. Is this normal? I figured the Force on module would make the group markers visible for the mission even if people have them turned off in the ACE2 settings.

Thanks for the reply VKing!

[uGAF] ACE_Dev YAS Repo:

@ACE__________454

@ACEX_________306

@ACEX_RU _____32

@ACEX_USNavy__30

@CBA__________147

Use the link bellow and save to favourites:

yashttp://folders.ugaf-addons.co.uk/ACE_Dev.yas

Auto config URL:

Code:

http://folders.ugaf-addons.co.uk/ACE_Dev/modreopo.7z

For a guide and info to use YOMA's addon sync to join our server follow this link:http://www.ugaf.co.uk/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=134

Hi thanks for the latest update I will try tonight.

I have not played ARMA for nearly 2 month's so this should be good.

All so what's this

ADDED=Hand signals

Can we choose a hand signal to do if so that's cool and is there a place I can read up on this and what hand signals are possible?.

I did look on the ACE2 website and could not find it.

Cheers

Shameless plug:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=113267

Please try my newest SP ACE2 mission. I've decided to release the first mission of a SP ACE2 campaign I've been work on for 6+ months. So far I have 3 missions, the other 2 are in various WIP stages. I was not gonna release the mission(s) publicly on a singular basis but I decided against that idea due to the time it's taken me to get only this far. Please play and test this mission.

If people like it I'd be more than willing to make it MP. With help of course since I've never made an MP mission.

Enjoy!