Sign in to follow this  
AnimalMother92

ACE 1.7 (Advanced Combat Enviroment) for OA/CO

When I make a change in ACE Config while in game the change does not apply. Why is that? I miss the old userconfig setup, so much simpler.

When I make a change in ACE Config while in game the change does not apply.

AFAIK it never did - File seems to have always been read on game launch. Don't think anything can be done about that.

AFAIK it never did - File seems to have always been read on game launch. Don't think anything can be done about that.

No I meant the in game config, that newfangled thing in the pause menu.

What about that? All you have to do is change what you want, hit "save", and paste it into a file. Quite easy from my perspective. Not that the old method was very hard, but the new one is quite easier to use IMO. And that's without even using the clippi which should make it even easier (though I haven't tried).

They could make the settings.ace file be saved in a more read-able fashion, though, so that editing the file directly is still a feasible option.

When I make a change in ACE Config while in game the change does not apply. Why is that? I miss the old userconfig setup, so much simpler.

Cause you probably aren't doing it right. Did you have Clippi open and hit save there as well? Check the WAGN for info. It's much easier than the old userconfig way.

Here I thought pressing save would actually save my settings. So after I press save I must also save some other settings in yet another application not even mentioned in said menu? I think changing a 0 to a 1 in a .ini file is indeed easier, but that's just me.

After re-reading that I realized how "snotty" it sounded, and I'm sorry for that. Just a bit frustrating that everything is changing to be more "user friendly" (hah yeah right).

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

Pressing save does save your settings provided you have clippi running in the background.

If you think that's too "user friendly", ask bis to implement saving data to files natively into the engine so we don't need to make "user friendly" things.

You also get a very specific message telling you exactly what to do when you hit "save" if you don't have the ace clippi running.

You also get a very specific message telling you exactly what to do when you hit "save" if you don't have the ace clippi running.

Yes sir! And there's even instructions explaining exactly what needs to be done. A magic concept really! ;)

I followed those in-game instructions and it didn't work. Both the popup and the WAGN told me to paste the text into a file that didn't exist. I created a .txt file called settings.ace in the userconfig folder (I guess that was the most obvious thing to do in lieu of any info on file type or location) but it didn't work. I came here for help and was told to use clippi, which did work, but I still don't know why the other method did not. As usual in digital products, the documentation assumes too much prior knowledge and lacks context.

but it didn't work

what exactly didnt work ?

I normally use the "clippi-method" but the other method (copy+paste) works aswell :)

When switching from gameplay into pause menu go to "ace options", make your changes, press "strg" + "einfg" together (<- german keyboard, on an international keyboard it's "ctrl" + "insert" together, I guess), open a text editor, press "shift" + "insert" together and something like this will flip into your new text file (spoiling here my settings) -- for this clippi dosent need to be running !

ace_settings_store;ace_ace_sight_adjustment_rifle_config_enable_bdc,1;ace_ace_wind_config_enable_drift,1;ace_ace_recognition_scanning_method,2;ace_ace_weaponselect_firemodes_only,0;ace_ace_stanceindicator_enabled,0;ace_ace_roundcount_show_icon,0;ace_sys_immersive_dismount_enabled,1;ace_sys_cartridges_enabled,0;ace_sys_tracking_markerssize,0.6;ace_sys_tracking_markersenabled,1;ace_sys_tracking_sidecolors_east_friendly,"ColorRed";ace_sys_tracking_sidecolors_west_friendly,"ColorBlue";ace_sys_tracking_sidecolors_guer_friendly,"ColorYellow";ace_sys_tracking_sidecolors_civ_friendly,"ColorGreen";ace_sys_tracking_sidecolors_enemy_friendly,"ColorWhite";cba_events_ace_sys_afterburner_afterburner_key,58;cba_events_ace_sys_afterburner_afterburner_shift,0;cba_events_ace_sys_afterburner_afterburner_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_afterburner_afterburner_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_ofpec_ils_ils_key,37;cba_events_ace_sys_ofpec_ils_ils_shift,0;cba_events_ace_sys_ofpec_ils_ils_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_ofpec_ils_ils_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_at_elevation_up_key,200;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_at_elevation_up_shift,1;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_at_elevation_up_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_at_elevation_up_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_at_elevation_down_key,208;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_at_elevation_down_shift,1;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_at_elevation_down_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_at_elevation_down_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_rifle_open_adjustment_dialog_key,47;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_rifle_open_adjustment_dialog_shift,1;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_rifle_open_adjustment_dialog_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_rifle_open_adjustment_dialog_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_gl_toggle_elevation_info_key,82;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_gl_toggle_elevation_info_shift,1;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_gl_toggle_elevation_info_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_gl_toggle_elevation_info_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_gl_elevation_up_key,200;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_gl_elevation_up_shift,1;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_gl_elevation_up_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_gl_elevation_up_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_gl_elevation_down_key,208;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_gl_elevation_down_shift,1;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_gl_elevation_down_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_gl_elevation_down_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_nvg_brightnessup_key,201;cba_events_ace_sys_nvg_brightnessup_shift,1;cba_events_ace_sys_nvg_brightnessup_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_nvg_brightnessup_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_nvg_brightnessdown_key,209;cba_events_ace_sys_nvg_brightnessdown_shift,1;cba_events_ace_sys_nvg_brightnessdown_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_nvg_brightnessdown_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_overheating_unjam_key,19;cba_events_ace_sys_overheating_unjam_shift,1;cba_events_ace_sys_overheating_unjam_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_overheating_unjam_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_weaponrest_rest_weapon_key,57;cba_events_ace_sys_weaponrest_rest_weapon_shift,1;cba_events_ace_sys_weaponrest_rest_weapon_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_weaponrest_rest_weapon_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_interaction_interaction_menu_key,220;cba_events_ace_sys_interaction_interaction_menu_shift,0;cba_events_ace_sys_interaction_interaction_menu_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_interaction_interaction_menu_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_interaction_self_interaction_menu_key,221;cba_events_ace_sys_interaction_self_interaction_menu_shift,0;cba_events_ace_sys_interaction_self_interaction_menu_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_interaction_self_interaction_menu_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_wind_deflection_toggle_wind_info_key,37;cba_events_ace_sys_wind_deflection_toggle_wind_info_shift,1;cba_events_ace_sys_wind_deflection_toggle_wind_info_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_wind_deflection_toggle_wind_info_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_stamina_panic_button_key,69;cba_events_ace_sys_stamina_panic_button_shift,0;cba_events_ace_sys_stamina_panic_button_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_stamina_panic_button_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_rangefinder_toggle_power_key,19;cba_events_ace_sys_rangefinder_toggle_power_shift,0;cba_events_ace_sys_rangefinder_toggle_power_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_rangefinder_toggle_power_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_rangefinder_cycle_mils_key,19;cba_events_ace_sys_rangefinder_cycle_mils_shift,0;cba_events_ace_sys_rangefinder_cycle_mils_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_rangefinder_cycle_mils_alt,1;cba_events_ace_sys_rangefinder_preload_battery_key,19;cba_events_ace_sys_rangefinder_preload_battery_shift,1;cba_events_ace_sys_rangefinder_preload_battery_ctrl,1;cba_events_ace_sys_rangefinder_preload_battery_alt,1;cba_events_ace_sys_maptools_place_ruler_key,35;cba_events_ace_sys_maptools_place_ruler_shift,0;cba_events_ace_sys_maptools_place_ruler_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_maptools_place_ruler_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_maptools_align_ruler_key,36;cba_events_ace_sys_maptools_align_ruler_shift,0;cba_events_ace_sys_maptools_align_ruler_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_maptools_align_ruler_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_maptools_start_drawing_key,26;cba_events_ace_sys_maptools_start_drawing_shift,0;cba_events_ace_sys_maptools_start_drawing_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_maptools_start_drawing_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_maptools_end_straight_line_key,27;cba_events_ace_sys_maptools_end_straight_line_shift,0;cba_events_ace_sys_maptools_end_straight_line_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_maptools_end_straight_line_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_maptools_delete_line_key,43;cba_events_ace_sys_maptools_delete_line_shift,0;cba_events_ace_sys_maptools_delete_line_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_maptools_delete_line_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_air_fcs_lase_key,15;cba_events_ace_sys_air_fcs_lase_shift,0;cba_events_ace_sys_air_fcs_lase_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_air_fcs_lase_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_tankfcs_lase_key,15;cba_events_ace_sys_tankfcs_lase_shift,0;cba_events_ace_sys_tankfcs_lase_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_tankfcs_lase_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_tankfcs_battlesight_key,48;cba_events_ace_sys_tankfcs_battlesight_shift,0;cba_events_ace_sys_tankfcs_battlesight_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_tankfcs_battlesight_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_tankfcs_dump_key,37;cba_events_ace_sys_tankfcs_dump_shift,0;cba_events_ace_sys_tankfcs_dump_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_tankfcs_dump_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_missileguidance_lase_kh29_key,57;cba_events_ace_sys_missileguidance_lase_kh29_shift,0;cba_events_ace_sys_missileguidance_lase_kh29_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_missileguidance_lase_kh29_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_missileguidance_lase_gunship_key,38;cba_events_ace_sys_missileguidance_lase_gunship_shift,0;cba_events_ace_sys_missileguidance_lase_gunship_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_missileguidance_lase_gunship_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_dagr_toggle_dagr_key,199;cba_events_ace_sys_dagr_toggle_dagr_shift,0;cba_events_ace_sys_dagr_toggle_dagr_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_dagr_toggle_dagr_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_dagr_dagr_menu_key,199;cba_events_ace_sys_dagr_dagr_menu_shift,1;cba_events_ace_sys_dagr_dagr_menu_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_dagr_dagr_menu_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_roundcount_roundcount_key,40;cba_events_ace_sys_roundcount_roundcount_shift,0;cba_events_ace_sys_roundcount_roundcount_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_roundcount_roundcount_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_weaponselect_safe_key,41;cba_events_ace_sys_weaponselect_safe_shift,1;cba_events_ace_sys_weaponselect_safe_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_weaponselect_safe_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_weaponselect_rifle_key,2;cba_events_ace_sys_weaponselect_rifle_shift,1;cba_events_ace_sys_weaponselect_rifle_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_weaponselect_rifle_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_weaponselect_gl_key,3;cba_events_ace_sys_weaponselect_gl_shift,1;cba_events_ace_sys_weaponselect_gl_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_weaponselect_gl_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_weaponselect_throw_key,4;cba_events_ace_sys_weaponselect_throw_shift,1;cba_events_ace_sys_weaponselect_throw_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_weaponselect_throw_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_weaponselect_put_key,5;cba_events_ace_sys_weaponselect_put_shift,1;cba_events_ace_sys_weaponselect_put_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_weaponselect_put_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_weaponselect_firemodes_key,33;cba_events_ace_sys_weaponselect_firemodes_shift,0;cba_events_ace_sys_weaponselect_firemodes_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_weaponselect_firemodes_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_rifle_elevation_up_key,200;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_rifle_elevation_up_shift,1;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_rifle_elevation_up_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_rifle_elevation_up_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_rifle_elevation_down_key,208;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_rifle_elevation_down_shift,1;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_rifle_elevation_down_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_rifle_elevation_down_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_rifle_windage_left_key,203;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_rifle_windage_left_shift,1;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_rifle_windage_left_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_rifle_windage_left_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_rifle_windage_right_key,205;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_rifle_windage_right_shift,1;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_rifle_windage_right_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_rifle_windage_right_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_playerhud_quick_mag_check_key,34;cba_events_ace_sys_playerhud_quick_mag_check_shift,1;cba_events_ace_sys_playerhud_quick_mag_check_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_playerhud_quick_mag_check_alt,0;ace_sys_wounds_sp_player_medic,0;cba_events_ace_sys_missileguidance_javelin_mode_key,15;cba_events_ace_sys_missileguidance_javelin_mode_shift,0;cba_events_ace_sys_missileguidance_javelin_mode_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_missileguidance_javelin_mode_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_mfd_toggle_mfd_open_key,16;cba_events_ace_sys_mfd_toggle_mfd_open_shift,1;cba_events_ace_sys_mfd_toggle_mfd_open_ctrl,1;cba_events_ace_sys_mfd_toggle_mfd_open_alt,0;

After you saved the settings.ace file, did you restart the game? I'm pretty sure you need to in order for it to take effect.

hmm, changing settings takes effect even in hot mode, meaning without restarting game, so you can test them, i'm almost sure ... saving settings.ace just makes sure that you're new settings will be loaded next time you start up, otherwise you're @default values again and are forced to make your changes again and again and ...;)

hmm, changing settings takes effect even in hot mode, meaning without restarting game, so you can test them, i'm almost sure ... saving settings.ace just makes sure that you're new settings will be loaded next time you start up, otherwise you're @default values again and are forced to make your changes again and again and ...;)

Exactly...

The only thing Clippi does, beside changing the remaining settings which can't be changed ingame

and creating the userconfig\ace folder and all its files, is to save the settings to the settings.ace

file in the background so they are persistent.

It automates the part where you have to manually open the settings.ace file in a text editor and

paste the clipboard content into it.

Changes to keys and other features are made on the fly and are working immediately.

Xeno

Question.

I've got another noob question.

What kind of software are u using for ace server files update?

I was trying to use addon sync 2009 but i cant crack this thing..;/

Im just uploading all the files manually via filezilla ;/

Could u help me out here as uploading so much files is a pain in the fanny.

Thanks in advance

Trooph

what exactly didnt work ?

I normally use the "clippi-method" but the other method (copy+paste) works aswell :)

When switching from gameplay into pause menu go to "ace options", make your changes, press "strg" + "einfg" together (<- german keyboard, on an international keyboard it's "ctrl" + "insert" together, I guess), open a text editor, press "shift" + "insert" together and something like this will flip into your new text file (spoiling here my settings) -- for this clippi dosent need to be running !

ace_settings_store;ace_ace_sight_adjustment_rifle_config_enable_bdc,1;ace_ace_wind_config_enable_drift,1;ace_ace_recognition_scanning_method,2;ace_ace_weaponselect_firemodes_only,0;ace_ace_stanceindicator_enabled,0;ace_ace_roundcount_show_icon,0;ace_sys_immersive_dismount_enabled,1;ace_sys_cartridges_enabled,0;ace_sys_tracking_markerssize,0.6;ace_sys_tracking_markersenabled,1;ace_sys_tracking_sidecolors_east_friendly,"ColorRed";ace_sys_tracking_sidecolors_west_friendly,"ColorBlue";ace_sys_tracking_sidecolors_guer_friendly,"ColorYellow";ace_sys_tracking_sidecolors_civ_friendly,"ColorGreen";ace_sys_tracking_sidecolors_enemy_friendly,"ColorWhite";cba_events_ace_sys_afterburner_afterburner_key,58;cba_events_ace_sys_afterburner_afterburner_shift,0;cba_events_ace_sys_afterburner_afterburner_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_afterburner_afterburner_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_ofpec_ils_ils_key,37;cba_events_ace_sys_ofpec_ils_ils_shift,0;cba_events_ace_sys_ofpec_ils_ils_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_ofpec_ils_ils_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_at_elevation_up_key,200;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_at_elevation_up_shift,1;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_at_elevation_up_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_at_elevation_up_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_at_elevation_down_key,208;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_at_elevation_down_shift,1;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_at_elevation_down_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_at_elevation_down_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_rifle_open_adjustment_dialog_key,47;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_rifle_open_adjustment_dialog_shift,1;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_rifle_open_adjustment_dialog_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_rifle_open_adjustment_dialog_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_gl_toggle_elevation_info_key,82;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_gl_toggle_elevation_info_shift,1;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_gl_toggle_elevation_info_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_gl_toggle_elevation_info_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_gl_elevation_up_key,200;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_gl_elevation_up_shift,1;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_gl_elevation_up_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_gl_elevation_up_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_gl_elevation_down_key,208;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_gl_elevation_down_shift,1;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_gl_elevation_down_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_gl_elevation_down_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_nvg_brightnessup_key,201;cba_events_ace_sys_nvg_brightnessup_shift,1;cba_events_ace_sys_nvg_brightnessup_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_nvg_brightnessup_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_nvg_brightnessdown_key,209;cba_events_ace_sys_nvg_brightnessdown_shift,1;cba_events_ace_sys_nvg_brightnessdown_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_nvg_brightnessdown_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_overheating_unjam_key,19;cba_events_ace_sys_overheating_unjam_shift,1;cba_events_ace_sys_overheating_unjam_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_overheating_unjam_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_weaponrest_rest_weapon_key,57;cba_events_ace_sys_weaponrest_rest_weapon_shift,1;cba_events_ace_sys_weaponrest_rest_weapon_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_weaponrest_rest_weapon_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_interaction_interaction_menu_key,220;cba_events_ace_sys_interaction_interaction_menu_shift,0;cba_events_ace_sys_interaction_interaction_menu_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_interaction_interaction_menu_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_interaction_self_interaction_menu_key,221;cba_events_ace_sys_interaction_self_interaction_menu_shift,0;cba_events_ace_sys_interaction_self_interaction_menu_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_interaction_self_interaction_menu_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_wind_deflection_toggle_wind_info_key,37;cba_events_ace_sys_wind_deflection_toggle_wind_info_shift,1;cba_events_ace_sys_wind_deflection_toggle_wind_info_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_wind_deflection_toggle_wind_info_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_stamina_panic_button_key,69;cba_events_ace_sys_stamina_panic_button_shift,0;cba_events_ace_sys_stamina_panic_button_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_stamina_panic_button_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_rangefinder_toggle_power_key,19;cba_events_ace_sys_rangefinder_toggle_power_shift,0;cba_events_ace_sys_rangefinder_toggle_power_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_rangefinder_toggle_power_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_rangefinder_cycle_mils_key,19;cba_events_ace_sys_rangefinder_cycle_mils_shift,0;cba_events_ace_sys_rangefinder_cycle_mils_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_rangefinder_cycle_mils_alt,1;cba_events_ace_sys_rangefinder_preload_battery_key,19;cba_events_ace_sys_rangefinder_preload_battery_shift,1;cba_events_ace_sys_rangefinder_preload_battery_ctrl,1;cba_events_ace_sys_rangefinder_preload_battery_alt,1;cba_events_ace_sys_maptools_place_ruler_key,35;cba_events_ace_sys_maptools_place_ruler_shift,0;cba_events_ace_sys_maptools_place_ruler_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_maptools_place_ruler_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_maptools_align_ruler_key,36;cba_events_ace_sys_maptools_align_ruler_shift,0;cba_events_ace_sys_maptools_align_ruler_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_maptools_align_ruler_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_maptools_start_drawing_key,26;cba_events_ace_sys_maptools_start_drawing_shift,0;cba_events_ace_sys_maptools_start_drawing_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_maptools_start_drawing_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_maptools_end_straight_line_key,27;cba_events_ace_sys_maptools_end_straight_line_shift,0;cba_events_ace_sys_maptools_end_straight_line_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_maptools_end_straight_line_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_maptools_delete_line_key,43;cba_events_ace_sys_maptools_delete_line_shift,0;cba_events_ace_sys_maptools_delete_line_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_maptools_delete_line_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_air_fcs_lase_key,15;cba_events_ace_sys_air_fcs_lase_shift,0;cba_events_ace_sys_air_fcs_lase_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_air_fcs_lase_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_tankfcs_lase_key,15;cba_events_ace_sys_tankfcs_lase_shift,0;cba_events_ace_sys_tankfcs_lase_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_tankfcs_lase_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_tankfcs_battlesight_key,48;cba_events_ace_sys_tankfcs_battlesight_shift,0;cba_events_ace_sys_tankfcs_battlesight_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_tankfcs_battlesight_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_tankfcs_dump_key,37;cba_events_ace_sys_tankfcs_dump_shift,0;cba_events_ace_sys_tankfcs_dump_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_tankfcs_dump_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_missileguidance_lase_kh29_key,57;cba_events_ace_sys_missileguidance_lase_kh29_shift,0;cba_events_ace_sys_missileguidance_lase_kh29_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_missileguidance_lase_kh29_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_missileguidance_lase_gunship_key,38;cba_events_ace_sys_missileguidance_lase_gunship_shift,0;cba_events_ace_sys_missileguidance_lase_gunship_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_missileguidance_lase_gunship_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_dagr_toggle_dagr_key,199;cba_events_ace_sys_dagr_toggle_dagr_shift,0;cba_events_ace_sys_dagr_toggle_dagr_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_dagr_toggle_dagr_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_dagr_dagr_menu_key,199;cba_events_ace_sys_dagr_dagr_menu_shift,1;cba_events_ace_sys_dagr_dagr_menu_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_dagr_dagr_menu_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_roundcount_roundcount_key,40;cba_events_ace_sys_roundcount_roundcount_shift,0;cba_events_ace_sys_roundcount_roundcount_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_roundcount_roundcount_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_weaponselect_safe_key,41;cba_events_ace_sys_weaponselect_safe_shift,1;cba_events_ace_sys_weaponselect_safe_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_weaponselect_safe_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_weaponselect_rifle_key,2;cba_events_ace_sys_weaponselect_rifle_shift,1;cba_events_ace_sys_weaponselect_rifle_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_weaponselect_rifle_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_weaponselect_gl_key,3;cba_events_ace_sys_weaponselect_gl_shift,1;cba_events_ace_sys_weaponselect_gl_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_weaponselect_gl_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_weaponselect_throw_key,4;cba_events_ace_sys_weaponselect_throw_shift,1;cba_events_ace_sys_weaponselect_throw_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_weaponselect_throw_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_weaponselect_put_key,5;cba_events_ace_sys_weaponselect_put_shift,1;cba_events_ace_sys_weaponselect_put_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_weaponselect_put_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_weaponselect_firemodes_key,33;cba_events_ace_sys_weaponselect_firemodes_shift,0;cba_events_ace_sys_weaponselect_firemodes_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_weaponselect_firemodes_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_rifle_elevation_up_key,200;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_rifle_elevation_up_shift,1;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_rifle_elevation_up_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_rifle_elevation_up_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_rifle_elevation_down_key,208;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_rifle_elevation_down_shift,1;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_rifle_elevation_down_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_rifle_elevation_down_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_rifle_windage_left_key,203;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_rifle_windage_left_shift,1;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_rifle_windage_left_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_rifle_windage_left_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_rifle_windage_right_key,205;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_rifle_windage_right_shift,1;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_rifle_windage_right_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_sight_adjustment_rifle_windage_right_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_playerhud_quick_mag_check_key,34;cba_events_ace_sys_playerhud_quick_mag_check_shift,1;cba_events_ace_sys_playerhud_quick_mag_check_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_playerhud_quick_mag_check_alt,0;ace_sys_wounds_sp_player_medic,0;cba_events_ace_sys_missileguidance_javelin_mode_key,15;cba_events_ace_sys_missileguidance_javelin_mode_shift,0;cba_events_ace_sys_missileguidance_javelin_mode_ctrl,0;cba_events_ace_sys_missileguidance_javelin_mode_alt,0;cba_events_ace_sys_mfd_toggle_mfd_open_key,16;cba_events_ace_sys_mfd_toggle_mfd_open_shift,1;cba_events_ace_sys_mfd_toggle_mfd_open_ctrl,1;cba_events_ace_sys_mfd_toggle_mfd_open_alt,0;

The documentation told me save everything to settings.ace.

The settings files created by Clippi is settings.ace.hpp.

IIRC, simply naming a text file settings.ace.hpp did not work either.

Question.

I've got another noob question.

What kind of software are u using for ace server files update?

I was trying to use addon sync 2009 but i cant crack this thing..;/

Im just uploading all the files manually via filezilla ;/

Could u help me out here as uploading so much files is a pain in the fanny.

Thanks in advance

Trooph

Six Updater.

You may not get much of an answer since this has been discussed over and over in the ACE2 stable release threads. If Six Updater or Yoma's wont work for you then the only thing to do is DL the most recent stable release from one of the fan sites like ArmAholic.com or armedassault.info. Six Updater, Yoma's, etc DL method is for getting the most recent build so you can help with the ongoing testing. Getting the most recent builds that way is not gonna change because that is the distribution method the ACE2 team chose for build testing. It's the easiest way for them to get the mod distributed, tested, etc. People that want the "easy" install method must use the most recent milestone release.

Check the WAGN for more info:

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Installation

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

The documentation told me save everything to settings.ace.

The settings files created by Clippi is settings.ace.hpp.

IIRC, simply naming a text file settings.ace.hpp did not work either.

It also says copy the settings.ace.rar from the @ACE\store\userconfig.rar archive to the userconfig\ACE folder, along with the other 2 files. Then if you have Clippi open and use it's save feature after saving your settings in game it will copy everything to the settings.ace.rar file in the userconfig\ACE folder.

Which files did you copy and paste from the @ACE\store\userconfig.rar archive into the userconfig\ACE folder? You need to transfer all 3. Including the settings.ace.rar file.

The Clippi method is a piece of cake. As long as it's done properly. If not it won't do a thing.

Edited by Manzilla

Alright, I am coming back to Arma after quite a long break and I am having issues installing ACE. I currently have Arma II, OA, British Armed Forces and PMC installed on steam. I downloaded all the ACE files, unpacked the .7thingies in the OA folder and put the rest in my Arma II folder as such :

armamam-Copy.png

fafafafa-Copy.png

I tried many ways of launching but none seems to be working :confused:

I had the -mods;@... tags in the Steam launch options, no ACE. I created a custom shortcuts with the mods tags again and nothing. Tried with Six Updater, nothing. Any help would be more than welcome thanks in advance I know you folks are great, can't wait to get back in!

I use steam and ACE and I have all my ACE stuff in the OA folder.

This is what it look like for me.

Edit: forgot about the picture size rule.

steamfr.th.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Edited by zigzag

I use steam and ACE and I have all my ACE stuff in the OA folder.

This is what it look like for me.

Edit: forgot about the picture size rule.

steamfr.th.png

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thanks for the reply, will try this :D

I don't have steam version, so I am not sure how to launch it with addons, but the correct syntax for me is "-mod=@...", not "-mods;@...".

I have been searching and can't seem to find any related topics concerning this problem:

Apparently some gunner positions doesn't work, they are simply not accessible and vehicles come to "life" without an AI in the gunner position.

I have tried to run vanilla and everything works fine, but with @ace;@acex in the mod line some vehicles go funny this way.

So far I know it's a problem with the Jackal from BAF, and some of the Insurgent and Gue Hilux.

Anyone has had this problem?

I have Arma2 CO + BAF + PMC.

SgtJp,

Dumb question here but have you looked at the WAGN and done a thread search for the answer? We've helped people a bunch of times with an issue like this. A solution is probably already out there. Gekkibi is right to point that out. Was it a typo or do you really have that in the shortcut line?