Sign in to follow this  
AnimalMother92

ACE 1.7 (Advanced Combat Enviroment) for OA/CO

I have been gunning in the AH-64D Apache and been trying to figure out the AGM 114L. I can only lock on through the the cockpit view. And every missile I fire lands 50m - 100m past the target. How can I use the 114L effectively? It would be nice to do it looking through the gun cam.

So I want to get into making/playing SP missions with ACE. I'm always playing with it in MP with my clan and it 'works' well there but somehow I cannot see it 'working' in SP as it seems to be too "overloaded" with stuff.

Can someone give me a rundown of reasons why I would want to play SP with ACE?

And perhaps recommend a mission or two?

Kellys ACEOA YAS Repo updated to ACEOA b.452 (ACE 1.7-U2)

**Kelly's Heroes ACE2-OA YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL sponsored by Nat & Whisper

Note that this is only for Combined Ops & OA-Only. OA-Only clients must run the CBA_OA mod.

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2ACEOA-Repository/ArmA2ACEOA-Repo.7z

**Kelly's Heroes Community YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL sponsored by Nat & Whisper

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2Community-Repository/ArmA2Community-Repo.7z

**Kelly's Heroes ACE2-ArmA2Only YAS AddonSync AutoConfig URL sponsored by Nat & Whisper

If you have ArmA2 Only you must you this. ACE 1.3RC1 Stable & won't be updated anymore.

http://www.kellys-heroes.eu/updater/ArmA2ACE-Repository/ArmA2ACE-Repo.7z

If you have the AddonSync installed, click on this and add from there -> Kelly's YAS Repos

Note that the URLs above are case-sensitive so pls make sure you entered exactly as provided above.

YAS users: Do not forget to remove extra files through YAS.

Thanks for the quick updates as always Cross and G-Man-853...

So I want to get into making/playing SP missions with ACE. I'm always playing with it in MP with my clan and it 'works' well there but somehow I cannot see it 'working' in SP as it seems to be too "overloaded" with stuff.

Can someone give me a rundown of reasons why I would want to play SP with ACE?

And perhaps recommend a mission or two?

That's all I play and it's fantastic. I wouldn't go back. There's so many more features available for mission making with ACE2. I for one love the wound system. It's nice to have some different options for different scenarios. I alter the wound system depending on how I want the mission to play out.

The CSW AI module is also a great addition. It's a lot of fun to be able to order deployment and use of CSW depending on the mission.

I could go on but there's really no stopping so I'll quit now. All I can say is that ACE2's features are for more than just MP-only. Almost all work perfectly in SP as well, the mission maker really just needs to make the mission using ACE2 from the start. If you do that you can use just about every feature. I've never tried to implement something from ACE2 in one of my missions and found I couldn't use said feature in SP. I've made about 6 thus far but unfortunately the are all WIPs at this point so I've never released them yet. I've been holding out releasing until I get enough missions together for my top secret ACE2 SP campaign I've been working on for over a year now. ;)

I have been gunning in the AH-64D Apache and been trying to figure out the AGM 114L. I can only lock on through the the cockpit view. And every missile I fire lands 50m - 100m past the target. How can I use the 114L effectively? It would be nice to do it looking through the gun cam.

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Missile_Guidance_Improvements+howto#AGM-114%20Hellfire

If you still have issues, please report as bug; http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Bug_Reporting

VKing did now: http://dev-heaven.net/issues/16537

Edited by Sickboy

Looking for other users' confirmation.

Seems like there's some FUBAR with the armor system. I tried firing M829 APFSDS rounds at different types of targets, T-72s are usually blewn up from the first shot, but T-55s often need two shots to at least disable the crew. BMP2 has became is almost invincible from M829, especially when firing at it on the side (takes 5-6 or more shots just to hurt the crew), wether M830 HEAT rounds will usually kill them outright.

So anyone experienced that BMP2s can take more shots from APFSDS rounds than a T-90?

Looking for other users' confirmation.

Seems like there's some FUBAR with the armor system. I tried firing M829 APFSDS rounds at different types of targets, T-72s are usually blewn up from the first shot, but T-55s often need two shots to at least disable the crew. BMP2 has became is almost invincible from M829, especially when firing at it on the side (takes 5-6 or more shots just to hurt the crew), wether M830 HEAT rounds will usually kill them outright.

So anyone experienced that BMP2s can take more shots from APFSDS rounds than a T-90?

AP round is mean to penetrate armor, it doesn't do much damage if you dont hit any vital part because it hasn't a big explosive charge like heat one. For example you can shot 3 o 4 AP rounds trought the back part of a truck without destroying it(but you may kill some of the men inside it), the round just pases trough it. Its just realistic ^^.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinetic_energy_penetrator

But well maybe it needs some tweaking on some areas. But in general is really realistic. By the way AP rounds are just for heavy armored targets, heat is more effective against light armored targets, just like in real life.

Edited by columdrum

Has ACE really implemented that mechanic? Really awesome if they did.

M829 APFSDS should do practically nothing to a BRDM if you hit the wrong place. Just a big incendiary bullet.

I killed a BMP-2 crew with one just yesterday, however. Certainly not invincible.

AP round is mean to penetrate armor, it doesn't do much damage if you dont hit any vital part because it hasn't a big explosive charge like heat one. For example you can shot 3 o 4 AP rounds trought the back part of a truck without destroying it(but you may kill some of the men inside it), the round just pases trough it. Its just realistic ^^.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinetic_energy_penetrator

But well maybe it needs some tweaking on some areas. But in general is really realistic. By the way AP rounds are just for heavy armored targets, heat is more effective against light armored targets, just like in real life.

Yeah that would be about OK to shoot right through canvas parts or even very thin layer of metal, but as far as I know, KE rounds are also ignite the air within the crew compartment when breaking through the armor, but in this case not only the BMP reamins unscratched, but also its crew is laughing while launching rockets and surviving from 5-6 to infinite direct hits from APFSDS rounds (not just M829 but all other ingame). I just don't think that 98 percent of the KE rounds will simply go through a BMP2 without ANY kind of damage caused.

I always loved the sabot rounds. Kills the crew but leaves the vehicle mostly intact. Then you can hop in and repair it and steal it.

Free tank! Woohoo!

The ACE PLA heavy vehicles are insanely difficult to kill, but then again they haven't been updated in a long time.

Edited by kage74

The ACE PLA heavy vehicles are insanely difficult to kill, but then again they haven't been updated in a long time.

Yes sir but I'm not sure it's even part of ACE2 anymore. It would be nice if fromz had some time for an update.

Hey, I'm trying to connect to servers with ACE and AI Domination just so that I can get the god darned mission from somewhere.

The only problem is that I'm getting "missing acex_missions" error when trying to join. I've looked EVERYWHERE for it. Found out it should be located in @ACEX/addons/acex_missions but it's not.

What to do?

OH and if ANYONE would be so kind as to save me multiple hours of finding servers with these two maps, please, help by uploading the map or giving a link

Isla Duala with ACE and AI

Takistan with ACE and AI

Thanks!

Hey, I'm trying to connect to servers with ACE and AI Domination just so that I can get the god darned mission from somewhere.

The only problem is that I'm getting "missing acex_missions" error when trying to join. I've looked EVERYWHERE for it. Found out it should be located in @ACEX/addons/acex_missions but it's not.

What to do?

Thanks!

Provide more info for us possibly? What version of ACE2 and ACEX are you using? Did you update to the most recent builds? It sounds like a version conflict in some form. I'm using the newest ACE2 update and I have acex_missions.pbo in the ACEX\addons folder. You may need to update.

Provide more info for us possibly? What version of ACE2 and ACEX are you using? Did you update to the most recent builds? It sounds like a version conflict in some form. I'm using the newest ACE2 update and I have acex_missions.pbo in the ACEX\addons folder. You may need to update.

Well now I have the acex_missions.pbo. Found out I had a very, very outdated version of ACEX (I guess), downloaded from ArmAHolic not too long ago.

Downloaded 1.7..something from the ACE site, so after these alltogether like 500mb of downloading I hope the thing works.

Still looking for the maps. Anyone? I'm just baffled that maps like those are so unavailable. :j:

Is there something wrong with the spotting scope?

I put it on the ground, get into it, but i cannot 'look' thru the scope if i use my right mouse button which is bound to 'optics' function. But if i bind another key on my keyboard to the same function eg. num enter and press it, it works.

Weird.

I always loved the sabot rounds. Kills the crew but leaves the vehicle mostly intact. Then you can hop in and repair it and steal it.

Free tank! Woohoo!

In most cases it works, but BMP2 and M113 are just way too resistant against APFSDS/KE rounds, hitting them in certain areas as many as 5-6, even more than 10 times does nothing not just with the vehicle itself, but with the crew also. There's a little such problem with BTR-60 also, but at least it can be taken out much more easily.

Most light armored vehicles (BRDM-2, ZSU-23-4, Stryker, LAV-25, AAV7, BTR-90, BMP-3) are taken out by the first shot, if not with an "overkill" but at least it'll start to smoke, will catch fire or part of the crew will get killed, or start bailing out.

But BMP2s are just laugh in your face and re-paint the camouflage where you've hit them with a Sabot round...

It must be something wrong with the base A2 model, because Vilas's BMP2s behave with much less problems.

Well now I have the acex_missions.pbo. Found out I had a very, very outdated version of ACEX (I guess), downloaded from ArmAHolic not too long ago.

Downloaded 1.7..something from the ACE site, so after these alltogether like 500mb of downloading I hope the thing works.

Still looking for the maps. Anyone? I'm just baffled that maps like those are so unavailable. :j:

Good to hear you're updating. That should fix the issue.

Enjoy.

HI , I updated ACE today and when I try and run Arma2 I get this

image2mj.jpg

Can anyone tell he how to fix this ?

Shadowze : I had the same message when I updated to stable 1.7 : just copy and paste the userconfig contained in store\userconfig.tar and do the Aceclippi process when you first launch the game.

Is there something wrong with the spotting scope?

I put it on the ground, get into it, but i cannot 'look' thru the scope if i use my right mouse button which is bound to 'optics' function. But if i bind another key on my keyboard to the same function eg. num enter and press it, it works.

Weird.

Numpad 0 by default, no remapping required.

Is it possible to get a direct download link for the latest version anywhere?

SIX is only downloading with 200 - 300 kbs despite my 16K DSL.

Edited by duffbeeer