Sign in to follow this  
AnimalMother92

ACE 1.7 (Advanced Combat Enviroment) for OA/CO

I'm pretty much only using ACE and 1.57, and I keep running into invincible AI. Anyone else?

Create a Support ticket with your rpt.

---------- Post added at 09:40 ---------- Previous post was at 09:37 ----------

Any possibilities you guys could make certain the changelogs are more thorough? Not trying to be a negative Nancy or anything. I noticed every so often new features, guns, or equipment sometimes doesn't get mentioned in the changelogs and mission makers / server hosters both miss things being added.

Like the Yardage 450 was added in 1.7 RC2 but wasn't listed in the changelog at all. I also noticed the thing mentioned 'first occurance: ACE with ACEX: 1.6 Update 3' as well which would be more unusual.

Thanks!

It was added in 1.6 Update 3. Our changelogs are as thorough as it gets.

Just sometimes people forget, mistakes happen you know. Keep an eye out on the wagn (http://ace.dev-heaven.net/recent), the Config Browser or the Repository @ dev-heaven if you want to keep tabs on every (small) detail.

Lastly you could monitor things and double check the changelogs, so that other mission makers / server hosters don't both miss these things.

---------- Post added at 09:47 ---------- Previous post was at 09:40 ----------

Also just found this hidden away as well, the MON 50. Really wondering what else is not documented.

Find out and donate the docu?

---------- Post added at 09:48 ---------- Previous post was at 09:47 ----------

I'm downloading this ace for co but I would like to know if this is compatible with other ace vehicles that are made for the arma 2 version(regular arma 2)

Try and find out. Check your rpt for signs of warning/error, and of course ingame errors and missions that work or don't work.

Edited by Sickboy

It was added in 1.6 Update 3. Our changelogs are as thorough as it gets.

Just sometimes people forget, mistakes happen you know. Keep an eye out on the wagn (http://ace.dev-heaven.net/recent), the Config Browser or the Repository @ dev-heaven if you want to keep tabs on every (small) detail.

Lastly you could monitor things and double check the changelogs, so that other mission makers / server hosters don't both miss these things.

I checked the 1.6 Update 3 changelog and the YardAge 450 was not mentioned anywhere. I found this out from reading the classlists, which it wasn't even added to until eight days ago. I'm trying to point out a mistake so as to be avoided, not to be a dick.

Edited by Sif

I checked the 1.6 Update 3 changelog and the YardAge 450 was not mentioned anywhere. I found this out from reading the classlists, which it wasn't even added to until eight days ago. I'm trying to point out a mistake so as to be avoided, not to be a dick.

As said, mistakes happen, if you want you can help out and minimize them.

It was added 28 days ago already; http://browser.dev-heaven.net/cfg_weapons/config/ACE_YardAge450?version=38.

Not 8 days.

I'll add a classlist option to only show classes added in the chosen version, this will at least make it easier to spot new classes.

---------- Post added at 10:36 ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 ----------

Thar we goes;

Weapons added in 1.6 update 3

Works on any classlist just add options[current_only]=1 as url parameter.

Edited by Sickboy

I'm pretty much only using ACE and 1.57, and I keep running into invincible AI. Anyone else?

What do you mean by "pretty much"? Are you or aren't you running other mods/AddOns. Pretty much may be the one mod that causes a conflict.

Sickboy,

Thank you. That helps a ton!

As said, mistakes happen, if you want you can help out and minimize them.

It was added 28 days ago already; http://browser.dev-heaven.net/cfg_weapons/config/ACE_YardAge450?version=38.

Not 8 days.

I'll add a classlist option to only show classes added in the chosen version, this will at least make it easier to spot new classes.

---------- Post added at 10:36 ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 ----------

Thar we goes;

Weapons added in 1.6 update 3

Works on any classlist just add options[current_only]=1 as url parameter.

Thank you, that's awesome. :yay:

Todays update gonna bring new sounds. Some of the weapon sounds are basically the old ones with more bass and shorter/different echoes (I watched a lot of videos and didnt hear so long echoes and trailoffs), others are new (like Mk. 17, FAL, AKs), but I think they still quite consistent. The grenade, HEAT, and rocket explosions are totally new.

I replaced the weapon deploying, C4, Claymore explosion sounds also.

Oh, and made a sound for the M47 Dragons missile. "The "service motor" which drove the missile to the target was, in this case, a series of small explosive charges set into the skin of the missile." You can hear these small charges exploding while the missile is flying, like in

Hello...

Is there a safe way of getting the AI to perform a HALO drop? I've given them all the ACE_ParachutePack item and I get them out of the plane with this:

{[trplane, _x] execVM "x\ace\addons\sys_eject\jumpout.sqf"; sleep 1} forEach units group player;

Which seems to work fine for the player, except that the AI seem to actually turn into a parachute (theres no player model under it and they never cut loose) and they seem to get injured or die when they hit the ground.

Thanks,

-Joe

I've been messing around with this again, I tried adding an action to the player that executes

_thisunit execVM "x\ace\addons\sys_eject\jumpout_cord.sqf";

on each of the AI units when they're in the air after they've done the jumpout action, it doesn't seem to do anything though. I get two separate parachute spawning for each AI and they seem to disappear (but still be inside the chute "vehicle") then get injured or die when they hit the earth.

That is what I was looking at, unless the addon itself just doesnt support this ability? But that section for addons is talking about the aircraft not the soldiers...

What do you mean by "pretty much"? Are you or aren't you running other mods/AddOns. Pretty much may be the one mod that causes a conflict.

Sickboy,

Thank you. That helps a ton!

I meant I wasn't running ACE SM. With an update though, I gotta go try again. :)

That is what I was looking at, unless the addon itself just doesnt support this ability? But that section for addons is talking about the aircraft not the soldiers...

Are your jumpers inside the plane? If they're not, try that. If they are and it still doesn't work, make a ticket on the issue tracker.

Use the link bellow and save to favourites:

yashttp://folders.ugaf-addons.co.uk/ACE_Dev.yas

Auto config URL:

Code:

http://folders.ugaf-addons.co.uk/ACE_Dev/modreopo.7z

For a guide and info to use YOMA's addon sync to join our server follow this link:http://www.ugaf.co.uk/forum/viewthread.php?thread_id=134

Happy New Year

one quest about ace is it always recommended to download userconfig.

another question is when i delte the sys_A10 i dont destroy ace in a way right ? cause it only have the sounds in there and i want to use my GAU 8

Edited by Konrad1

The H&K 417 rifles are missing magazines.I cannot find any mags for these rifles in the crates in Multiplayer.Is this a bug with the current version?

Hey guys, each and every single time I download ACEX from any mirror I get the following message:

C:\Users\BlahBlah\Downloads\@ACEX_v1.7.0299.7z The archive is either in unknown format or damaged.

What gives? I can download the other zip files just fine but ACEX is giving me a hard time no matter where I download it from

Also, if I want to try out the update just released today where on this page (http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_1_7_Update_1) can I actually go to -download- it?

One last bug I'm having, I put on @CBA, @CBA_OA, and @ACE into my OA directory, set the parameters up and everything. I can run it that way but I always get the warning: Addon 'ace_c_ai_rof' requires addon 'CA\Weapons_AmmoBoxes'

Edited by Falcon988

Hey guys, each and every single time I download ACEX from any mirror I get the following message:

C:\Users\BlahBlah\Downloads\@ACEX_v1.7.0299.7z The archive is either in unknown format or damaged.

What gives? I can download the other zip files just fine but ACEX is giving me a hard time no matter where I download it from

Also, if I want to try out the update just released today where on this page (http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_1_7_Update_1) can I actually go to -download- it?

One last bug I'm having, I put on @CBA, @CBA_OA, and @ACE into my OA directory, set the parameters up and everything. I can run it that way but I always get the warning: Addon 'ace_c_ai_rof' requires addon 'CA\Weapons_AmmoBoxes'

You need SixUpdater, a program which downloads the program for you when you run it and configure the browser window that pops up. It won't give you a corrupted file archive either.

ACE 1.7 Update 1 Build 450 Updated to Addon Sync 2009 PLIS HELP:o

Edited by TYRAN

I will ask again since I do not see this in the fixes and no one answered,

The H&K 417 rifles are missing magazines.I cannot find any mags for these rifles in the crates in Multiplayer or anywhere else so they are useless.Is this a bug with the current version?

I cant get the Kestrel 4500 wind meter working, its in my pack but doesnt show on the action menu?????

In your pack or on your person? If it's in the pack you gotta equip it first.(i.e. add to player inventory slot.)

Maybe it's through the ACE menu (one of the windows keys)?

HK417s use these magazines (from this link):

ACE_20Rnd_762x51_B_HK417

ACE_20Rnd_762x51_SB_HK417

ACE_20Rnd_762x51_T_HK417

Not sure about the default boxes because I only place custom ones in my missions if I even place any.