Sign in to follow this  
AnimalMother92

ACE 1.7 (Advanced Combat Enviroment) for OA/CO

Quick question - Anyone knows how to completely reset the state of a player/unit? I know to setDammage 0 and call ace_sys_wounds_fnc_RemoveUncon but I need to also remove other things such as deafness, fatigue from stamina system and any other effects I might be missing.

What's the story with unconscious people. In a dozen builds, I've never had someone wake up.

Will they eventually come to on their on, and if so what is the timescale like?

Depends what made them unconscious. If it's an injury (which can only happen if running ACE wounds) they might wake up randomly and black out again, until treated by a medic with the appropriate injections. You can also black out due to backblast and other things, though, which have nothing to do with the ACE wounds system (happens even when it's disabled), in which case waking up will happen sooner or later with no treatment being required.

Hi guys, i have a friend trying to download the six updater, but everytime he gets a little bit through the process, it gives him the following error:

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc00000a5). Click OK to close the application."

anyone?

;1823412']First - don't sync the module...

Second - respawn and respawnDelay should be in description.ext file' date=' not init.sqf.[/quote']

Okay, thanks for the reply Max255 :)

I'm not getting a range return with the three rangefinders and the laser designator. I have batteries and can see the laser dot when turned on, but no numbers anywhere.

Does anyone else have a problem with the Apache gunner cam being zoomed in too much and not able to zoom out further?

is there a way to createvehicle the spottingscope and have it as deployed? ive been trying to get a cutscene working with an ai already in the spotting scope. but it doesnt work with createvehicle...

You can also black out due to backblast and other things, though, which have nothing to do with the ACE wounds system (happens even when it's disabled), in which case waking up will happen sooner or later with no treatment being required.

But 'sooner or later' often seems to be in excess of 45 minutes. I don't really see how that's different from death in the context of a game allowing all sorts of sped-up shenanigans.

When I'm in scope mode with the M107 and reload, I seem to stay scoped while reloading and never come off of the bipod. Not sure if that's intentional or not.

I'm not getting a range return with the three rangefinders and the laser designator. I have batteries and can see the laser dot when turned on, but no numbers anywhere.

Try moving to a different location and try it again. I notice that in some maps like Domi where if u stand in the base and use the rangefinder, fire weapons etc they dont work.

Don't know if it's been asked, but will this work with addons that are for ace in arma 2(non co)?

You coming Andersson? :D http://dev-heaven.net/issues/16316

---------- Post added at 08:23 ---------- Previous post was at 08:21 ----------

Hi guys, i have a friend trying to download the six updater, but everytime he gets a little bit through the process, it gives him the following error:

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc00000a5). Click OK to close the application."

Make sure latest version is installed and check; http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater_Suite+Overview#Firewalls,%20ports%20and%20security/antivirus

If still issues, please create a bug report ticket; http://six.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Six_Updater_Suite+Support

Edited by Sickboy

Thanks for the reply!

Ok so, this is what I'm seeing there...

Instructions in the Installation FAQ

MultiUpload

@CBA

@CBA_OA

@ACE

@ACEX

@ACEX_RU

@ACEX_USNavy

@ACEX_SM

Please mirror, thank you!

Now, I'm assuming here that the @ACE is all that I need to play the mod? Or do I also need others listed? I apologize as I'm totally new to moding this game and am only just now discovering things. I've played some TC games in the past, Infiltration for UT99 is still my favorite shooter milsim for example, but most times I understood a little about installing mods after doing some digging. For this game, I gather that I need to aquire the files, then install them into a directory with an @modname and then another folder below that often labled Addons or something of the like. THEN I need to put flags/switches into the shortcut to tell the executable to enable said options.

Ok I think I'm following that part. But I have yet to see a total noob's guide for installing mods for this game :D Otherwise I'd have started there rather than bug you guys :).

Thanks for your patience!

Streaks

From the installation guide (http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Installation):

Stable Release

* CBA and ACE are Required

* ACEX, ACEX_RU, ACEX_USNavy and ACEX_SM are optional

Hope it helps.

Hello...

Is there a safe way of getting the AI to perform a HALO drop? I've given them all the ACE_ParachutePack item and I get them out of the plane with this:

{[trplane, _x] execVM "x\ace\addons\sys_eject\jumpout.sqf"; sleep 1} forEach units group player;

Which seems to work fine for the player, except that the AI seem to actually turn into a parachute (theres no player model under it and they never cut loose) and they seem to get injured or die when they hit the ground.

Thanks,

-Joe

Try moving to a different location and try it again. I notice that in some maps like Domi where if u stand in the base and use the rangefinder, fire weapons etc they dont work.

I believe I tested all four in the ace demo mission.

I believe I tested all four in the ace demo mission.

Are you sure you turned it on by pressing the r key?

Are you sure you turned it on by pressing the r key?

Okay, I see. Why change the functionality from the simple left click on/off of vanilla?

Any possibilities you guys could make certain the changelogs are more thorough? Not trying to be a negative Nancy or anything. I noticed every so often new features, guns, or equipment sometimes doesn't get mentioned in the changelogs and mission makers / server hosters both miss things being added.

Like the Yardage 450 was added in 1.7 RC2 but wasn't listed in the changelog at all. I also noticed the thing mentioned 'first occurance: ACE with ACEX: 1.6 Update 3' as well which would be more unusual.

Thanks!

Okay, I see. Why change the functionality from the simple left click on/off of vanilla?

They have their reasons. Clicking only displays the distance in vanilla. It has nothing to do with the battery. Batteries don't do much in vanilla.

Sif,

Thanks for pointing that out! I missed it.

Also just found this hidden away as well, the MON 50. Really wondering what else is not documented.

I'm pretty much only using ACE and 1.57, and I keep running into invincible AI. Anyone else?

I'm downloading this ace for co but I would like to know if this is compatible with other ace vehicles that are made for the arma 2 version(regular arma 2)