Sign in to follow this  
AnimalMother92

ACE 1.7 (Advanced Combat Enviroment) for OA/CO

I think what Manzilla is trying to say is that ACE_Clippi is included inside the @ACE modfolder automatically. Clippi needs to be running while ARMA 2 is running in order for it to update your clientside config but you only need to do this once after updating your config.

If you don't have Clippi, a quick search over at DH yielded a ton of info and a download link:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/15047#note-17

would it be possible to make AI use their rocket launchers against fortifications when there are enemies inside ?

I have those config files, but nothing called Clippi. And I have updated ACE2 many, many times.

The documentation listed two methods, one of which did not require Clippi. Did I misunderstand it? Or does one method not work?

And anyways, there needs to be an actual download link, not a devheaven ticket with a bunch of comments, one of which containing the actual file. This system is currently like the most and least of user friendliness, all at the same time.

Clippi is in the @ACE folder by default, but really...

http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_Clippi :plain:

:yay:
Is using ace! In the last minits of the video is Ace and some Wounded Effects and drags, Is from Ace? How Can I use them? :confused:

Edited by Choki

@ace devs:

Still problems with the weight system.

If i take a Rucksack, pack some stuf and get to some 30-35Kg

AND put that "On back". Then take the AN-Radio aswell i get some 40kg.

BUT if i "Drop" the Ruck and take say a launcher and put radio "On back"

The wight is added to the original. Thus gives me some 70KG....

Is using ace! In the last minits of the video is Ace and some Wounded Effects and drags, Is from Ace? How Can I use them? :confused:

Place the Modules in the Editor. Read the WAGN features list for more info. There's a link in the first thread.

Dragging occurs when walking up to something and hitting the Interact key. Item must be dragable.

Edited by Manzilla

I looked through ACE wiki and google it, but cannot find anything explaining it clearly...

Is it possible with ACE2 to be a sniper and have a AI spotter giving you ranges to the target, and where the AI spotter holds his fire except ordered otherwise...

Secondary question, whats the difference between vanilla weaponry and ACE, handling and ballistics...!

thanks Xeno

I think I get way too much recoil with weapons, is it a bug ?

thanks Xeno

I think I get way too much recoil with weapons, is it a bug ?

Most weapons have increased recoil in ACE.

Most weapons have increased recoil in ACE.

Not being able to use any weapon without crouching is weird, I ve watched vids on youtube of ak/m4 even mk48 firing in full auto and it's nothing close to what i get in arma.

is there a simple way to tweak it by myself ?

Not being able to use any weapon without crouching is weird, I ve watched vids on youtube of ak/m4 even mk48 firing in full auto and it's nothing close to what i get in arma.

is there a simple way to tweak it by myself ?

The video doesn't do them justice. True ACE2 could be tweaked in some eyes but they are much better than vanilla OA. As someone who owns a m16, M240 and some more and has fired many other full autos I can say it's a lot more than any video will show. The physical toll of an automatic, high caliber firearm is pretty taxing for even the most experienced shooter. Especially with mk48s and aks, firing full while standing is difficult.

I'm not sure of an easy way to tweak them. Maybe a mod like zeus?

The video doesn't do them justice. True ACE2 could be tweaked in some eyes but they are much better than vanilla OA. As someone who owns a m16, M240 and some more and has fired many other full autos I can say it's a lot more than any video will show. The physical toll of an automatic, high caliber firearm is pretty taxing for even the most experienced shooter. Especially with mk48s and aks, firing full while standing is difficult.

I'm not sure of an easy way to tweak them. Maybe a mod like zeus?

Isn't there a pbo I can delete to get BIS default recoil back ?

Or perhaps I should not use vanilla and create my own preset to use the ACE2 one ?

Isn't there a pbo I can delete to get BIS default recoil back ?

Or perhaps I should not use vanilla and create my own preset to use the ACE2 one ?

No to the first part. You need all the .pbos. No clue about the second part. I use ACE2 only. The recoils took a bit to get used to but I really like em now.

I'm trying to enable ACE2 Medic as well as the ability to respawn.

Here's what I've done so far:

-Added the AE Enable Wounding System module, synched it to all group leaders.

-Added a marked named "respawn_west" and added "respawn="BASE";

respawndelay = 20;" to my init.sqf

What am I missing or doing wrong? This doesn't seem to work.

Thanks in advance !

Hi guys, i have a friend trying to download the six updater, but everytime he gets a little bit through the process, it gives him the following error:

"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc00000a5). Click OK to close the application."

I'm trying to enable ACE2 Medic as well as the ability to respawn.

Here's what I've done so far:

-Added the AE Enable Wounding System module, synched it to all group leaders.

-Added a marked named "respawn_west" and added "respawn="BASE";

respawndelay = 20;" to my init.sqf

What am I missing or doing wrong? This doesn't seem to work.

Thanks in advance !

First - don't sync the module...

Second - respawn and respawnDelay should be in description.ext file, not init.sqf.