Sign in to follow this  
AnimalMother92

ACE 1.7 (Advanced Combat Enviroment) for OA/CO

I've checked the FAQ section on installation and it hasn't been much help other than telling me to use one of the launchers built into add-on sync or the sixer update suite.
This explains how shortcuts need to look; http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/Installation#How%20do%20I%20start%20the%20game%20with%20ACE?

But really, use a launcher. And perhaps integrate your A2 installation properly into OA to get CO, so the whole confusing "How do I launch it with seperate A2/OA" is solved.

ARMA 2: CO (how to combine ARMA 2 into ARMA 2:OA and use together)

(I've updated the FAQ and added that link too)

Again not trying to be a jerk by blowing this out of proportion. but if someone can answer please.

Thanks

It has nothing to do with ACE backpacks.

If commented, models with rucksacks sowed ON the model, are replaced with models without rucksacks. Think Medics etc. This means you have less different models for units.

If you uncomment it, this replacing will be disabled. This means you have more different models for units, but some will have backpacks sowed onto them, so if you add a bis or ace rucksack, they will seem to have double rucks.

I am having a problem getting the new update to work. every time I try to run it I receive this message.

Filex\ace\addons\settings_external\CfgIdentities.hpp, line 1:/CfgIdentities/Identity.ACE_Original_Identity:Undefined base class 'Identity'

any help could be appreciated

Remove all files in userconfig\ACE and copy the latest ones from ACE\store\userconfig.tar into there. Edited by Sickboy

Wherefore art though settings.ace?

:)

I don't seem to have one, and the one in the archive is either not there, or corrupt. Can some kind soul please upload one so I don't need to download the whole lot again please? :)

Wherefore art though settings.ace?

:)

I don't seem to have one, and the one in the archive is either not there, or corrupt. Can some kind soul please upload one so I don't need to download the whole lot again please? :)

You need the empty one included in userconfig.tar. If you want to open settings.ace, open it in a text editor, not an archive program or else :D

Use ACE Clippi to store the in-game settings persistently; http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_Settings_Userconfig_and_Clippi

Edited by Sickboy

You need the empty one included in userconfig.tar. If you want to open settings.ace, open it in a text editor, not an archive program or else :D

Use ACE Clippi to store the in-game settings persistently; http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_Settings_Userconfig_and_Clippi

I see, the file appears as a zip file in my file viewer, so I tried to unzip it and got an unrecognised format message :) I just copied it across, which is what I should have done in the first place :)

Cheers.

I think there is a bug with nvg since the last 1.7 update, I turn on nvg and I have to wait several mins to be able to set the sensitivity, someone else ?

I think there is a bug with nvg since the last 1.7 update, I turn on nvg and I have to wait several mins to be able to set the sensitivity, someone else ?
If you wait 10+ seconds until after mission start, before touching keyboard, it should work.

The problem is related to http://dev-heaven.net/issues/16217

A fix is available in the hotfix listed at: http://ace.dev-heaven.net/wagn/ACE_1_7_RC2

It also includes the fixes for Mando.

Edited by Sickboy

IIRC this can happen in OA without ACE as well. Dropping and re-picking the weapon seemed to help, though of course with vehicles you'd have to try something else ;)

e.g? Pick up the Tank and put it in the backpack? :D

Ok, after dropping some GBU12 and Mk82 I noticed that the crater feature is gone. Is this normal or a bug?

Greetings

CriminalMinds

Guys any help? i tried downloading the stable versionfor CO, but that didin't work. is there a simple process to do this? the dev heaven site is confusing to me since im new to the PC.

Edited by M1Garand

Guys any help? i tried downloading the stable versionfor CO, but that didin't work. is there a simple process to do this? the dev heaven site is confusing to me since im new to the PC.

No clue. People have reported steam install issues in the past but have always seemed to get it working. The only other thing I can see is due a thread search in the other stable ACE2 threads for CO + steam. There's bound to be a hundred different posts with the same steam issue, you'll probably find what you need there.

Sorry that's all I can offer.

No clue. People have reported steam install issues in the past but have always seemed to get it working. The only other thing I can see is due a thread search in the other stable ACE2 threads for CO + steam. There's bound to be a hundred different posts with the same steam issue, you'll probably find what you need there.

Sorry that's all I can offer.

I have tried, it seems that its the same problems, steam keeps telling me the game is unavailable, and it just won't load.

Im new to this computer stuff, and i donèt know what im missing.

I have tried, it seems that its the same problems, steam keeps telling me the game is unavailable, and it just won't load.

Im new to this computer stuff, and i donèt know what im missing.

Did everyone with the problem not find a solution? If you can find someone that posted they got it fixed try sending them a PM. I'm not sure about steam set-up, sorry.

Did everyone with the problem not find a solution? If you can find someone that posted they got it fixed try sending them a PM. I'm not sure about steam set-up, sorry.

I cant find anything that helps me find a solution, ive done so much screwing around i think ive nearly broken six updater and everything else!

M1 Garand, i got this problem very often with "Alien Swarm". (got with others games too). When i alt+tab the game crashes and when i try to re-open it i get the same "the game is unavailable".

Just close steam and run it again. Always work when i got a "the game is unavailable".

M1 Garand, i got this problem very often with "Alien Swarm". (got with others games too). When i alt+tab the game crashes and when i try to re-open it i get the same "the game is unavailable".

Just close steam and run it again. Always work when i got a "the game is unavailable".

Ive Tried, i don't know what the problem is lol.

ive almost given up hope, ive searched everywhere, but nothing has helped me.

Ive pretty much ****** up the Six updater suite, and now it wont even run ACe for OA.

If steam protection is giving you issues you can always just use the latest Arma 2 OA beta patch to go around it.

If steam protection is giving you issues you can always just use the latest Arma 2 OA beta patch to go around it.

im just gonna delete everything and start from scratch, because i can't even load vanilla OA.

Like I said, if you have steam problems, just use the latest beta patch and it'll solve your issues. In any case there's 0.01% chance that you actually need to delete everything and reinstall to get things fixed.

Is there any way I can turn off the radio sounds? They seem to be on by default now and they are far too loud!

Could someone tell me how to install the ACEX RU and USNavy using the sixupdater?

I'm using these settings

ace2v.th.png

I couldn't find anything in the documentation.

Hey guys!

I'd like to try the ACE mod. However, I'm new new to mods for this game. In other games all I had to do is install some files into some folders.....maybe tweak a few config files. Hell, I can't even figure out how to DOWNLOAD this mod. All I can ever find is a page like THIS one and, maybe I'm just dumbing up here, but I see nothing intuitive here saying "if you want this mod, click this link to download it". It looks to me like a dev/upload page ??

Thanks for any help guys, I'd love to try this mod! :)

Oh and please tell me it has CCIP for fighters :P :D