Sign in to follow this  
maddogx

ARMA 2: OA beta build 76934

yay, my chopper-reinforcement-insertion-(while-extracting-some-other-guys)-trick finally works! No more jumping to death on insertion and also the chopper manages to stay on the friggin ground while the reinforcements are getting out/the other guys getting in.

Splendid! :)

any chance that this old bug with the animation corrected even in what ever the future?

mfPrff21_Ys

I mean the problem with the change of stand with the secondary weapon or binoculars.

on http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cis/issues more than a year a few bug reports related to this issue.

this is an issue which is really annoying, because it is often the reason that you were killed during these idiotic gestures, during which we can not even move

Oops, I didn't notice the release of retail patch 1.57. I just went from the beta patch before this to this beta patch, skipping the general release inbetween. Is it worth it to install 1.57 retail? I haven't experienced any problems and I have the Steam version.

Uh... If you own Arma 2 and/or OA on Steam then surely Steam has already updated your core files to 1.57 automatically?

Uh... If you own Arma 2 and/or OA on Steam then surely Steam has already updated your core files to 1.57 automatically?

And I didn't even notice! I guess I didn't end up having to download the entire game again, then.

[76749] Improved: Enemy targets are now unassigned once their crew is killed.

This fix is sadly still not working. In my mission Humvees are engaged on distance(around 500m) and they get still shot at, even if the Gunners are dead.

Would be nice if you guys could recheck this in one of the next betas, ty!

Tested it again with 1.57 only and also with the beta:

http://rapidshare.com/files/437824967/arma2oa_2010-12-17_14-56-58-51.avi

This fix is sadly still not working. In my mission Humvees are engaged on distance(around 500m) and they get still shot at, even if the Gunners are dead.

It says CREW, not gunner specifically. IIRC this fix was for AI engaging a vehicle when the gunner/driver/passengers were killed

edit: After watching the vid it's hard to see if there's any occupants in the HMMWV; but there could have been passengers still alive

Edited by No Use For A Name

I can confirm this. Vehicles are still being engaged not withstanding the crew is dead.

kind regards

It says CREW, not gunner specifically. IIRC this fix was for AI engaging a vehicle when the gunner/driver/passengers were killed

edit: After watching the vid it's hard to see if there's any occupants in the HMMWV; but there could have been passengers still alive

The HMV was empty, only the gunner, because in both empty HMVs gunners were put manually with moveinGunner. Il have a video with current patch uploaded tomorrow...Still its allready very clear to see in the video

Confirmed. I was playing Zipper5's Black Gold and there was a gunner mounting technical's MG. I killed him but AIs were still engaging it (there was no driver). In fact when I got in as a driver they continued firing and killed me.

I remember one thing though but very vaguely - I think my squad was not engaging, only allied squad nearby.

Another bug that appears with the latest betas (Combined Arms):

Bomb explosion set via trigger (createVehicle and setPos getPos Marker method) doesn't take effect no more :(

Pls fix this, it's an essential feature in many missions.

Bomb explosion set via trigger (createVehicle and setPos getPos Marker method) doesn't take effect no more :(

please fill CIT ticket about this issue

here is how http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=102991

ideally include short simple example mission

Does the next patch also contain "loading savegames in coop'? Well user made coop missions. Because I did read it somewhere. Wanna know if that's true. If I host a original mission from the game I can load a previous point. And in a User made one it push me back to the beginning of the mission.

Edited by Thats_Life 2.0

It doesn't work on dedicated with 1.57 either :/

Does the next patch also contain "loading savegames in coop'? Well user made coop missions. Because I did read it somewhere. Wanna know if that's true. If I host a original mission from the game I can load a previous point. And in a User made one it push me back to the beginning of the mission.

No, that's not true. What is likely happening there is that it's a bug in the mission, they're using endMission which deletes the saved games, and should be using failMission which preserves it. E.g. Cipher works with loading and saving.

Quite some time ago we had a serious issue with group following extremely slowly a player leader when engaged by enemy. Issue was later somewhat mitigated with patches.

Now i'm seeing the problem back (playing 1.58 beta 76934).

Not quite sure which patch broke the behaviour, but now units almost ignore leader movement when engaged by enemy. They stick to their position or move around randomly, but definetely they don't try to keep in touch with the leader anymore, as long as threats are around.

Anybody noticed the same weird behaviour?

EDIT: I created a CIT ticket here:

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/16353

Edited by fabrizioT

Your mission test : 1.57 you must force them to regroup again and again, otherwise

they don't move, because they are engaged but the same thing happens with no ennemy when they are in danger mode, it's very annoying.

Danger and probably stealth are broken.

I'll try with that Beta later.

I think it started with 1.57, not just this beta but anyway.

Whenever I am in some town (even if its empty) I get textures on the ground and many other objects, including grass, switched to a very low res. I never had an issue like this before 1.57 but now I'm having it constantly and everything is terribly blurred.

Is it a bug?

Should I report it to dev-heaven?

Or is there a solution?

(gtx260 here, texture quality - high, texture memory - very high - changing texture memory to anything lower, incl. default makes the issue even worse)

Edited by metalcraze

I think it started with 1.57, not just this beta but anyway.

Whenever I am in some town (even if its empty) I get textures on the ground and many other objects, including grass, switched to a very low res. I never had an issue like this before 1.57 but now I'm having it constantly and everything is terribly blurred.

Is it a bug?

Should I report it to dev-heaven?

Or is there a solution?

(gtx260 here, texture quality - high, texture memory - very high - changing texture memory to anything lower, incl. default makes the issue even worse)

Maybe provide a screenshot?

Hi,

is it possible in near future to fix the Arkan and Refleks missiles bug, that makes them non steerable (they dont follow the crosshair):

- Arkan and Refleks can not be optically guided

- They re also invisible before around 1km of flight (no smoke trail, no missile, nothing, and it magically appears after 1km...)

- They also fly several degrees lower than the crosshair, so even "dumb" firing cant be used, they hit the ground way before the target. AI cant use them either.

Just put a BMP3 on desert map and try firing a few Arkans and you'll instantly notice the problem.

I think it's a weapon config bug, could be easily fixed in a few minutes, maybe use ACE example which has a perfectly functional Arkan.

Edited by Univ

One thing that saddens me is that new fixes bring new bugs :(

I dont think you get the idea of the term BETA patch then...