Sign in to follow this  
tupolov

Using Visitor on another PC - licensing?

All,

I have ARMA 2, OA, BAF and BIS Tools installed on my PC at home.

Say I want to install the BIS Tools on a laptop and just use the laptop for editing maps etc (using Visitor and Buldozer) and not playing ARMA/CO.

Can this be done? I've tried copying (and installing) the necessary content across to my laptop, but launching buldozer compains about a missing DLL. Obviously I need to install OA or ARMA2. What's the licensing implications here? Can I install the game on a 2nd machine (laptop) without fear that the license be invalidated?

Thoughts? Are you doing this today?

Cheers,

Tup

Hi Tup

As far as I know you can install on as many computers as you want... just don't try actually multiplayer/lan connecting them together - that'll trigger FADE... thats not your purpose though, so theres no practical reason why not...

I've got my complete install on 2 x main machines - 1 main comp, and 1 primarily as a small dedi server, (though I had the tools and a straight copy of my P:\ drive on that server machine too - before I discovered hi-speed heightmap reimporting using XYZ, I used to let this machine do the crazy 2 hour .png imports while I did something else on the maincomp), plus I have the tools and the core games on a laptop (no BAF or PMC)... though I must admit I haven't really used the laptop install much...

Thought it'd be a brilliant idea for getting extra terrain work done during my rare moments of employment "downtime"... as it turns out though, I tend to spend such spare laptop time with simple but necessary stuff like twitching forest tools percentages or world tools stuff...

Depends on your work circumstances though - and your laptop...

B

Thanks Bushlurker.

I travel quite a bit with work and have a MacBook Pro running VMware Fusion (with a Win 7 virtual machine). Lots of spare time sat in hotels/airports etc, so its a good chance to mess around with Visitor.

Will set it up over xmas and see how she runs.

Merry Xmas all!

Tup