Sign in to follow this  
DarkLight

What kinda music d'you like the most

I was just wondering what kinda music everyone likes, i really like stuff like Nirvana, if you ask me that's the best band ever.

I also like to listen to hip hop and rap once in a while, but not all the time.

I really, really hate boysbands, classic music (well, at least most of it, there are some cool stuff), hardcore, and stuff like that.

So, what style of music do you like/hate??

Ambient Techno, Techno, Electronic mostly.

Instrumental (including classical)

Hate country!!!

Oh yes, i forgot to post that. Country is HORRIBLE!

Music is a very big thing to me..here are a few bands i listen to...

Nine Inch Nails, Type o Negative, Pantera, GWAR, White Zombie, Tool(older stuff anyway),Prong,Ministry, Ozzy,Filter, Sepultura,Soulfly,The Cure,Janes Addiction,Radiohead,Dead Milkmen, Butthole Surfers, Primus and even older stuff like Van Halen, Motley Crue, Megadeth, ACDC,Shotgun Messiah,Pink Floyd....well I think you get the idea....

Music hated: Rap, Country, Boy Bands, Girly Bands, oh yeah and rap!

I listen to almost anything tounge.gif

Hardcore Trance, Hardcore Techno, Hard House, Chilled out Trance, Dance, Heavy Metal, Soft Metal, Hard Rock, Old school (gangsta's) rap, Greek, some selected classical pieces biggrin.gif

I like industrial/metal/punk/gothic/alternative....

Some of my all time favourite bands:

Danzig

Rollins Band

Ministry

Slayer

KMFDM

Misfits

Metallica

Samhain

Iron Maiden

Black Sabbath

Sisters of Mercy

Fields of the Nephelim

Prong

Cosmic Psychos

TISM

NIN

Rammstein

Black Flag

Revolting Cocks

Laibach

Ice T

Skinny Puppy

Tool

Bloodhound Gang

Prodigy

Chemical Brothers

Cypress Hill

Devo

Gwar

Skrew

Sevendust

Negativland

Killing Joke

Manowar

Fubar----Finally someone else who likes GWAR...man you shoulda been there when Wobble was tryin to make fun of them and comparing them to Kiss..hehe

I just saw them in concert about a month ago for the first time, god that was a funny show! biggrin.gif

I like classical music best, especially Bach. Of popular music I like:

Massive Attack

Portishead

Unkle

David Bowie (older albums - Space Oddity)

Velvet Underground

Pink Floyd

Lou Reed (Transformer album)

Jefferson Airplane (Surrealistic Pillow album, not the later shit)

DJ Shadow

K's choice

Beach Boys (Pet sounds album)

Avalanches

My favs are Deftones, Rammstein, Tool, Sepultura, SlipKnot, Faith No More, Coal Chamber. I also like death metal sometimes but I hate rap (those yoyo we have money rappers), boy bands and feministic artists.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ May 09 2002,23:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I like classical music best, especially Bach. Of popular music I like:

Massive Attack

Portishead

Unkle

David Bowie (older albums - Space Oddity)

Velvet Underground

Pink Floyd

Lou Reed (Transformer album)

Jefferson Airplane (Surrealistic Pillow album, not the later  shit)

DJ Shadow

K's choice

Beach Boys (Pet sounds album)

Avalanches<span id='postcolor'>

K's Choice huh? They are Belgian, you know biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

I'd like to clear something up (dunno if that's the right way of saying something like this), i don't like the gang bang rap with all those freaks who act like idiots. I like Beastie Boys and Run DMC and that kinda rap. Just thougth i'd say this smile.gif

my faves in no particular order:

Rage Against the Machine

Nirvana

The Offspring (mostly the early stuff)

System of a Down

Godsmack

Beastie Boys

Garbage

Static-X

Pennywise

Trance/House/Ambient/Electro

like Chicane, Paul van Dyk, Spiller, King O, Paul Oakenfold, John 00 Flemming, RMB, Oceanlab, Tiesto, ATB, Martin Eyerer, Massive Attack, Chemical Brothers.......

Alternative/pop/Rock/indie

like Alien Ant Farm, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Die Ärzte, Big Country, U2, Sportfreunde Stiller, The Smiths, Heather Nova, Rammstein, Foo Fighters, Rollins band, Queen, Led Zeppelin....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Nic @ May 09 2002,16:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Fubar----Finally someone else who likes GWAR...man you shoulda been there when Wobble was tryin to make fun of them and comparing them to Kiss..hehe

I just saw them in concert about a month ago for the first time, god that was a funny show! biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Hey, I too also saw them a couple weeks ago. I was doing security at the show and I saw them back stage a few times. You got to admit, they're a real live show oriented band, they sure know how to work a crowed up. I might get a couple of their CDs, do you know if they got a live CD out?

-=Die Alive=-

Doesnt anyone listen to Seventh mad.giftounge.gif

New Age instrumental music -- Soothing and relaxing!

Lets see what i listen to....

Firstly I'll like blues music, older the better, stuff from the 40s, 50s, and 60s.  BB King, John Lee Hooker, Amos Milton, Elmore James, Bo Diddley to name a few.

I also like classic rock from the 50s, 60s and 70s, stuff like Chuck Berry, Booker T and the MGs, the Animals, Stones, Who, Cream, Led Zep, Hendrix, CCR, The Guess Who, Neil Young, CSNY, Doors, Skynard, Ramones, Sabbath and just about most rock bands in that era.

Then I like metal.  Heavy metal, black metal, death metal, speed metal, trash metal, Industrial metal, doom, hardcore, hard rock, etc.

Pantera, Metallica, Slayer, Sepultura, Megadeth, Deicide, Morbid Angel, Messugha, Alice in Chains (RIP), Ministry, Iron Maiden, Motorhead, Angry White Mob, Vader, Hatebreed, Slaves On Dope, Quo Vadis, Cryptopsy, Kataklysm, Pissing Razors, Cannibal Corpse, StaticX, and many many more, I just can't sit here all night and type them all.

-=Die Alive=-

Punk/Emo/Ska

Tristate Conspiracy

Get Up Kids

Against All Authority

Alkaline Trio

No Use For a Name

Drop Kick Murphys

The Casualties

Propaghandi

NOFX

The Vandals

No Motiv

Sloppy Meat Eaters

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ May 10 2002,01:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

Hey, I too also saw them a couple weeks ago.  I was doing security at the show and I saw them back stage a few times.  You got to admit, they're a real live show oriented band, they sure know how to work a crowed up.  I might get a couple of their CDs, do you know if they got a live CD out?

-=Die Alive=-<span id='postcolor'>

Nope, not any live albums, but any cd of gwar is great..

Hell-o

This Toilet Earth

Scumdogs of The Universe

Ragnarok (one of my favorites)

America Must Be Destroyed

We Kill Everything

Violence Has Arrived

And they also have some side bands that are kinda the same funny stuff..

Death Piggy, Dave Brockie Experience, and X-Cops

I suggest collecting them all, no regrets here!

Hey, did they happen to use the big "Gor Gor" dinosour prop at the concert you saw, that thing was sweet.. I wonder just how much money they spend on props. hehe

Yesterday I listened to the soundtrack of 'O Brother, where Art thou', Apocalyptica and Metallica S&M.

Others:

Depeche Mode (last tour was just fantastic), Camouflage, U2, Red Hot Chilli Peppers, Jethro Tull, Bloodhound Gang, currently it's HIM, Pop&Wave of the 80's, Bryan Adams, and many more...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ May 10 2002,00:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">my faves in no particular order:

Rage Against the Machine

Nirvana

The Offspring (mostly the early stuff)

System of a Down

Godsmack

Beastie Boys

Garbage

Static-X

Pennywise<span id='postcolor'>

Ah finally someone who likes Nirvana too! biggrin.gif

Offspring and the beastie boys are pretty good too!

acdc.gif

that and other classic rock stuff (pink floyd, led zeppelin, guns & roses, deep purple etc etc)

Dvorak symphonie n°9 in E minor "from the new world" interpret by the Vienner philarmonic orchestra is my prefered music, and "Money for nothing" & "Let it be" for the songs.

But i m very large for music i can hear everything that pass in radio or TV or i find in the net... traditional (corean and japaneese music especially),punk, rock'n roll, neo-hardrock, hard rock, good rap, even country and surf music ect ect ect

Everything that is music & song:

i still dont believe that techno and other artificial things can be called music or song because there's no partition just different sound mixed each other.

And for song i prefer to not hear the boyband and industrial music made by Major because i believe it's the public that choose the artist they like and not the industrial that make music for the masses... liberty and diversity my motto

Mainly Bob Dylan and Pearl Jam. Also: Elvis, Pink FLoyd, Ac/DC Radiohead Jimmi Hendrix .... varied but i absolutely detest trance/ techno, britney and boy bands.