Sign in to follow this  
Dwarden

ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead, version 1.57 - Patch released

i patched up from 1.52 (im in iraq so the internet sucks ass. took 6 hrs to DL a 415 MB file).

im happy that i can finally use the russian Mi-8 with the rockets and the civilian Mi-17 now because it used to just sink into the ground or whatever. but now every time i crash a helictoper or shoot a helicopter down, the game freezes. im using combined ops but no BAF or PMC addon. anyone else having this problem?

I finally had some time to install the Patch. on arma2.com it says that there are 4 new PMC Missions, where can I find them? :confused:

I finally had some time to install the Patch. on arma2.com it says that there are 4 new PMC Missions, where can I find them? :confused:

Look in Scenarios, under the PMC folder :)

Aside from the showcase, the playable SP missions are exclusive to PMC full owners only..

And to all on the forums, lang mey yer lum reek!

RiE

Hi ruebe

Thanks for the code, tested it but it won't work. The doTarget command worked in the units initfield before patch 1.57. I did some more testing but it remains broken for me. It would be great if someone could confirm this before I am opening a ticket at CIT.

Thanks

kind regards

doTarget command doesn't work here either, and I'm definitely positive it worked before 1.57 patch. Maybe its fixed in the beta patch? Still, kinda disappointing.

Edited by wontial

I love BIS! They Release Patches and fix what the comunity ask for! They Devolpers interact in this forum whit the people and they make very good games whitout millions of millions like others companyes

Did you guys notice any improvement in FPS ? Is the game more optimized with the latest patch?

You should try the Patch together with the latest Beta. The Performance is sooo much better for me

Do women still fail to carry any weapons in this military simulator? Can anyone test that?

Do women still fail to carry any weapons in this military simulator? Can anyone test that?

You know, I'm pretty sure somebody wouldn't like women being able to kill and be killed. I mean, it would be loads of publicity, but not the good kind.

Have you ever played the last CoD games? No? How about Battlefield?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT1fjeiMFZH4kO-3PVOcz5psnuXF-uEk7xo8BiYpILmfIELn3yE

Edited by OnlyRazor

LOL this is great.

Well I personally wouldn´t like to shoot on women

doTarget command doesn't work here either, and I'm definitely positive it worked before 1.57 patch. Maybe its fixed in the beta patch? Still, kinda disappointing.

Thanks for the confirmation wontial. In that case I gonna open a ticket at the CIT. Haven't tested the latest beta yet to see if it works, but I'm in doubt that this got alraedy fixed.

kind regards.

EDIT: opened ticket at CIT

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/16606

Edited by nettrucker

You know, I'm pretty sure somebody wouldn't like women being able to kill and be killed. I mean, it would be loads of publicity, but not the good kind.

Have you ever played the last CoD games? No? How about Battlefield?

Please resize the pic you posted in order to avoid trouble with a mod, it's way over 100 KB wich is the max allowed on this forum.

Thanks

Thanks for the confirmation wontial. In that case I gonna open a ticket at the CIT. Haven't tested the latest beta yet to see if it works, but I'm in doubt that this got alraedy fixed.

kind regards.

EDIT: opened ticket at CIT

http://dev-heaven.net/issues/16606

doTarget with doFire works for me, when unit used is enemy of its target. when friendly it only looks and aims but no fire.

Using CO, no mods, patch 1.57, full BAF, PMC.

Now, the doMove command is buggy, if using doMove on AI and enemy is near destination, or spotted, AI will flee if unarmed, also disableAI target and Auto target doesnt seem to work when using the doMove command like this.

Edited by Demonized

doTarget with doFire works for me, when unit used is enemy of its target. when friendly it only looks and aims but no fire.

Using CO, no mods, patch 1.57, full BAF, PMC.

Now, the doMove command is buggy, if using doMove on AI and enemy is near destination, or spotted, AI will flee if unarmed, also disableAI target and Auto target doesnt seem to work when using the doMove command like this.

Yeah I checked the doTarget command alone and it doesn't work anymore since patch release 1.57. I also encountered the same fact when enemy is unarmed he will flee there's no way to stop him. I used doStop this in units initfield but it doesn't work. I gotta do some more extensive testing.

kind regards

You can stop units with "stop"-command. E.g. this script makes an enemy unit to surrender.

Script.sqf:

_unit = _this select 0;
if (alive _unit) then {_unit setcaptive true;
_unit stop true;
_unit setunitpos "UP";
removeAllWeapons _unit;	
sleep 1;};
if (alive _unit) then {
_unit playMoveNow "AmovPercMstpSnonWnonDnon_AmovPercMstpSsurWnonDnon";
};

_nul = [unitname] execVM "Script.sqf"; 

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/stop

Edited by SaOk

Please resize the pic you posted in order to avoid trouble with a mod, it's way over 100 KB wich is the max allowed on this forum.

Thanks

Done and dusted :yay:

Horrible patch. Getting 6 fps when I normally get 36, and that's decreasing my view-distance by 75% and turning post-processing all over the way down. Motion-blur is RIDICULOUS, now.

I was hesitant to install it after reading feedback, but gave it a shot because I had to be compatible. What a mistake.

Horrible patch. Getting 6 fps when I normally get 36, and that's decreasing my view-distance by 75% and turning post-processing all over the way down. Motion-blur is RIDICULOUS, now.

I was hesitant to install it after reading feedback, but gave it a shot because I had to be compatible. What a mistake.

Try a defrag of your hard drive with a 3rd party defragger tool, windows defragger might not be up to the task. When a new patch is installed files are getting heavily fragmented. It might help you with your framerate.

Kind regards

I have tried to download the 1.57 patch to no avail. After I download it and run it...my computer shows that it can't be opened. That it is a corrupt file or that it might have been sent as an attachment to an e-mail. I am currently 1.56. Any ideas?

You have to download WinRar and unrar it first;)

if you did that dl it from official site or armaholic

great. this patch fixes some old bugs, but many of them still exist and some features are missing... maybe we will be happy to see final 1.96 patch next year? :D

maybe we will be happy to see final 1.96 patch next year? :D

I wouldn't. I'd like to see the ArmA games supported until the end of days. Then we wouldn't need Arma 3 :yay:

I wouldn't. I'd like to see the ArmA games supported until the end of days. Then we wouldn't need Arma 3 :yay:

ahh... but maybe Arma3 gives you 64-bit and multi GPU support with Physix....

And real great values on projectiles and pentration...

:eek:

They kind of still needs money to have a staff, so...

Edited by NoBrainer

Hello everyone this is my first time on any game forum and this is my first post so excuse any major errors I might make. I was running the retail version 1.5 and performance was bad. After the 1.57 patch I am a lot more happy with the performance so much that I actually played instead of tweaking! What I was wondering is after the 1.57patch what tweaks like maxmem and cpu count are not needed or where fixed. I'll list my PC specs below please do not laugh.

AMD 5000+x2 2.6GHZ

PNY 9800gt 1gig EE

4gigs Ram

Vista32bit

With everything normal, AAveryhigh, AFveryhigh, ShadowsVH, no post, and 100%RES at 1600x900 20inch LCD and view distance at 2506 IAm getting 26fps Avg with the OA bench when it was 19 before patch.