Sign in to follow this  
igneous01

dyno grabber in 3d editor - desperate to save this

ok so im kind of in a pinch here. I created a decent looking ruin that serves as a hiding place for potential snipers - it looks really good (atleast to me) and i figure i can throw this inside a future mission in a destroyed city to create a very sneaky sniper spot.

hidingspot.jpg

now heres my problem, 3d editor is buggy in the way it saves object positions for me. last time i saved it (was a better version of this) all of the objects got scrambled about and i had to try and piece together what i made again.

fearing that this is gonna happen again, i tried to use the dyno grabber (no documentation on how to use it in 3d editor is really available) but it never outputed anything in the rpt file. but there is "bad conversion: bool" being spammed in the rpt when i preview the mission for a few moments to look at it and test it.

i even tried the 2d version of it using the modified dynograbber.sqf script and running it inside of my player init centered around the object - still got nothing to output.

so my question is how do i save this exactly as it is now? i cant close really close the editor or save it because it will just scramble everything up again.

so please im desperate to get this saved, how can i pull this off?

very much appreciate any help i can get.

so i endured the pain of having to rebuild my crap shack, it took a while and alot of headache to get it to save in the editor properly but its there.

but it still wont be grabbed correctly, for some reason the height of the objects arent the same. its like everything just collapsed on itself with the grabber, but its fine in the editor.

so does anyone know how to get the grabber to output it correctly with the height adjustments?

Write the code to setPos or setVectorUp in the variable:

this setvariable ["VehicleInit","<YOUR INITSTRING>;"] 

That should grab it properly I think.

Now if that isnt the problem or I have misunderstood you then I don't really know what else could be causing it :(

Andy

i guess that can work, but it looks like im gonna have to setpos and adjust 30 some objects to do so (3d editor lets you freely adjust height without needing to setpos)

so i guess its gonna take alot of time to get the heights where they should be. but ill see what happens

Hey bro, I've been doing a lot of stuff in 3D editor, some similar to wat u doin, why don't u save it, copy it onto the map where u want it, position it correctly etc and save then you can just spawn it into your mission from the init.sqf, theres some small editing of the mission.sqf, anyway that's what I'm doing, works no worries

Hey bro, I've been doing a lot of stuff in 3D editor, some similar to wat u doin, why don't u save it, copy it onto the map where u want it, position it correctly etc and save then you can just spawn it into your mission from the init.sqf, theres some small editing of the mission.sqf, anyway that's what I'm doing, works no worries

yea i think for now thats gonna be my solution, but it would be nice to create a composition of it so i can reuse it in the future by just putting a gamelogic down.

So far me and and 3dE dont get along to well, i say the roof looks realistically structured and believable, 3dE says it needs to float in the middle of nowhere.

i think it might be because some objects just cant collide with each other, causing random misplacement when you save it.