Sign in to follow this  
Chill xl

ToraBora "Sandbox Edition"

Added ToraBora Insurgency to the list of ToraBora missions. You can find it HERE

Is it possible to have a few spots with flat lands and the foliage? Trying to build a FOB, and its pretty hard to make one.

Nice work on the map Chill, it's really coming along.

Found a bug with version 6 in MP:

Clientside version: Version 6 via SIX updater

Server version: Version 6 via SIX updater

I've doubled checked, reinstalled and tested several different missions with the same issue. Objects placed in the mission editor, aside from playable units, appear 5 feet in the air. Only happens in MP not in the editor.

Re-saving the setup might fix this issue as the whole terrain was slightly reworked. It might be that some of the altitudes don't match the altitudes of the previous version. Could you let me know if it works or not?

The "floating" house that Minimalaco reported will be taken care of, tnx for reporting.

Flat terrain areas might be added but if i do so, the chance i put a FOB or similar on it would then be high. Not sure if want to have flat open spots that are empty on the map...

When i get back at home, i will upload the latest version to Armaholic asap.

Edited by Chill xl

OK. I've tried re-saving the mission.sqm both ingame and manually and I've even tried uploading new missions to the server. I also manually updated the server with version 6 of Tora Bora to make sure it wasn't running a different version to my system.

The floating objects/ai issue is still there in MP. It doesn't matter where the object is on the map it floats 4-5 feet in the air regardless of position.

Edited by SafetyCatch

tnx for getting back, so no matter if its new or re-saved you get floating objects and ai... Weird, need to check / test this and see what results i get, havent seen this before though.

Would like to get some feedback from others about this issue aswell, anyone getting the same?

Hmm so far i havent been able to reproduce the issue, however i have only used RTE and DAC to spawn objects and units both are working correctly. Will try to get a convential mission gogin, this is however something i never really done before...

Hmm so far i havent been able to reproduce the issue, however i have only used RTE and DAC to spawn objects and units both are working correctly. Will try to get a convential mission gogin, this is however something i never really done before...

I imported Insurgency code into the older and the new ToraBora and I am not seeing the floaters.

The floating issue really sounds like either a re-saving problem or different players having different versions of the island. I remember when Duala was updated and the server wasn't, everything spawned underground except the players themselves.

I will keep an eye out for the issue, hopefully we get some more reports in about it so we can find what and where the problem is. If for some reason the map itself is bugged, i will surely look into it.

Anyway, i've just uploaded my latest version to the ArmaHolic FTP server, hopefully Foxhound is willing to publish it.

The floating issue really sounds like either a re-saving problem or different players having different versions of the island. I remember when Duala was updated and the server wasn't, everything spawned underground except the players themselves.

But as I've said, I even made a new mission with the newest version and tested on the server by myself. Both the server and I have the same version of the island. Has anyone else actually tested this on a server? It only happens in MP on the dedicated server.

Yes, version 1.5 is tested on a dedicated server, i was using RTE and DAC to spawn units and place objects. All of them spawned as expected, so did the Alice module.

Right but neither of those use the ingame mission editor then exporting to MP do they? That's all I wanted to clarify.

Indeed, both DAC and RTE spawn realtime. I dont have any experience with mission editing, exporting to mp and playing on dedi. server, as we always create missions on the fly using the Six Battle Center.

Hopefully someone can report, that creates ingame mission and mp export, on this issue?

Btw, can you confirm if other team members have the same issue when you play these missions?

Edited by Chill xl

I can indeed we all had the same issue except one person who joined briefly with the earlier version, however it has been tested multiple times since then with the correct version running both client side and server side.

Mission editing is fairly simple, all it takes is putting down a unit, an AI and an object and saving it as an MP mission. If needs be I can send you a test mission.

Is it true you can't load a existing 2d mission and edit in RTE? Do you have to import to the RTE?

Oh god wrong thread sorry

Edited by ray243

Hmm, so someone with an earlier version sees the objects and units right, but those that updated didnt. For some reason, the object location / elevation etc in those missions are from the previous version, as the one that didnt updated saw it correctly. Sounds like mismatching versions, however you have reported thsat you double checked / uploaded to be sure this wasnt the case. This makes it kinda weird... We need more info, feedback etc to see whats going on.

Would like to hear others feedback on this aswell?

Edited by Chill xl

EDIT: Found an old pbo of a previous version of Tora Bora in a different mod folder. The file had been a corrupt upload and seemed to be interfering with the new version.

Sorry for the wind up, thought I had looked everywhere for pbos but clearly not. Looking forward to future versions of this awesome map.

Edited by SafetyCatch

Ah solved!

tnx for getting back, i was just about to suggest to redownload the whole thing and try again.

-----------------------

The latest version, 1.5, is now also available on ArmaHolic aswell as trough the Six Updater Suite.

Download page:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12969

-----------------------

Great news Chill! Getting it right away, glad that issue was solved aswell!

Is it possible to have a few spots with flat lands and the foliage? Trying to build a FOB, and its pretty hard to make one.

Pretty hard but possible :D

/ ]NTRUDER

A new updated 20 minutes ago on Six Updater :D

Edited by Voodoonice

Yep, great update. Ambient civilians makes it that much better. Like most islands, ambient civilian vehicles kills my fps so I just use DAC to spawn CPU-friendly civilian traffic between towns. Like a few other users, I think a small bit of flat ground for a base would make the map nigh on perfect.

Chill, thanks for the hard work. The brilliant maps like this that you and others (eg IceBreakr) are churning out are making it really bloody difficult for me to chose the best one to vote for in the Arma awards :)

please can you make some flat terrain? I cant find a single place to install a FOB, and if I found one place, it is full of rocks and trees :s