We have enabled signatures verification on our server, so blastcore is not usable anymore until we have proper signature files.

You dont need Blastcore on the server if all of you joining the server have it for client, you'll be able to see the effects of Blastcore without having it on the server.

= Memphis007;2248814']We have enabled signatures verification on our server' date=' so blastcore is not usable anymore until we have proper signature files.[/quote']

Or you could re-sign it yourself for the guys on your server. It's no problem (according to Dwarden).

You dont need Blastcore on the server if all of you joining the server have it for client, you'll be able to see the effects of Blastcore without having it on the server.

But in the absence of a key on the server that is running sig checking, clients won't be allowed to join.

Key for what?, if their running client the key is not needed, lock the server via pw, unless its open public server which im assuming it is.

Having Blastcore on the server only forces public players joining to have it, then a key is needed for verify signatures to work on the server I can see the issue.

Unless I'm admitting an elementary and long standing misunderstanding of how this works...

If a server is running sig checking, the server needs to have a valid key even for client side only addons.

Ya I can see signature checking for the vanilla game, and addons/mods if the server has them running.

From my experience I have been able to join servers np with running a mod such as my warmod without being kicked as all the files are client.

I have also ran a few gameservers back in the day and had no mods on the server and just pw, and without a pw and was still able to join without

issues while having the verifysignatures on if I remember correctly.

Heres the verify signatures reference:

ArmA: Addon Signatures

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/ArmA:_Addon_Signatures

we should probably keep on Blastcore as this is getting offtopic, but for the keys part optical snare has a link for his temp key fix,

not sure if that would solve the issue.

Unless I'm admitting an elementary and long standing misunderstanding of how this works...

If a server is running sig checking, the server needs to have a valid key even for client side only addons.

Correct, any mod with a bisign that the server doesn't have a corresponding bikey for will not be allowed if the server does checks for that stuff.

And I can add that if I sign addon myself then only the file.bisign i've created would be allowed on the server, which means that anyone who have regular blastcore addon can't join anymore.

So please Optical provide us valid signature files as quick as possible.

Does this work combined with ACE and JTD fire and smoke mod?

Also, does this mod actually work without any issues? :\

Yes it works very well with both ACE and JTD. However you should note JTD and Blastcore do not sometimes work perfectly together. Sometimes the JTD smoke will be of very low quality when Blastcore is enabled. I am not entirely sure why this happens. Please also note Blastcore aircraft and fuel fire effects do not work with ACE. I actually prefer this because the Blastcore fuel fire effect is pretty broken. It does not give off any light at night but flares your NVG so you can not see anything whatsoever.

I am getting quite often this error in my mission (where there is constantly new air units spawned/deleted). Often the error blinks and goes away, but the last time it stucked to loop and performance went down.

Error in expression <etDropInterval _dr;

sleep (0 - (_speed / 0));
_i = _i + 1;
};
deleteVehicle _sm>
 Error position: </ 0));
_i = _i + 1;
};
deleteVehicle _sm>
 Error Zero divisor
File warfxpe\ParticleEffects\SCRIPTS\destruction\AirDestructionStage2.sqf, line 97

Using Combined Operations with latest beta patch, JSRS 1.5 and CBA. In the mission there is mando script suite and TPW scripts integraded. Else I have been enjoying this mod a lot, thanks. :)

If you use revive scripts with ACE, bugs may occur especially if you get caught on fire. Therefore I dont use them together, only Blastcore for visual effects.

I am getting quite often this error in my mission (where there is constantly new air units spawned/deleted). Often the error blinks and goes away, but the last time it stucked to loop and performance went down.

_i = _i + 1;
};
deleteVehicle _sm>
_i = _i + 1;
};
deleteVehicle _sm>
 Error Zero divisor
File warfxpe\ParticleEffects\SCRIPTS\destruction\AirDestructionStage2.sqf, line 97

Using Combined Operations with latest beta patch, JSRS 1.5 and CBA. In the mission there is mando script suite and TPW scripts integraded. Else I have been enjoying this mod a lot, thanks. :)

i looked into mine and it says this :

_i = _i + 1;
};
deleteVehicle _sm>
_i = _i + 1;
};
deleteVehicle _sm>

I'd guess it was this:

Dividing by zero would do it. Would need to look into the code proper to confirm what's going on.

EDIT: Just checked in the AirDestructionStage2.sqf and also noticed the following:

while {(speed _v) > 0.1} do
{
_pos=getpos _v;
_xv=velocity _v select 0;
_yv=velocity _v select 1;
_dir = abs(_xv atan2 _yv);

// some code

_tv=abs(_xv)+abs(_yv)+abs(_zv); 

// some more code

But _zv doesn't look like it's ever defined. I guess it should have been

_zv = velocity _v select 2;

Hope you don't mind me looking at the code OS. I think I asked you ages ago and you said it was okay.

Edited by Das Attorney

If you're referring to me then sorry, it's OS's code not mine so it would be cheeky to mess about with it and re-release it.

Hopefully OS reads this thread, although I don't really see him active on the forum much these days.

Is this mod PvP-safe? Meaning, will anyone get an unfair advantage due to any of this mod's features? Or is it purely cosmetic with no real effect on gameplay?

Example for possible PvP-unsafe features: Making tracers more visible, significantly bigger explosion/smoke effects, louder sounds...

I am getting heavy suddent FPS slowdown with this mod in my mission that features constant spawning/deleting of units and vehicles (air and land). It usually happens after around 1-1,5hours of playing. Without the mod, the issue is gone. Only error I have seen is the above one, but the slowdown dosent often happen synced with error (only once it happened synced). Using also mods JSRS 1.5 and TPWLOS/CAS. Something is conflicting, else this mod have been one of favorites.

I love the WarFX : Blastcore mod, especially everything particle related, but is there any way to keep the original vanilla smoke ?

Check the difference : the blastcore smoke looks really 2d while the vanilla smoke looks way more volumetric and realistic.

Smoke_Arma2_Blastcore.jpg

Edited by Neodammerung

So I only use sixupdater to launch Arma 2 CO with ACE and Blastcore Visuals. On Six it says Blastcore was last updated Nov 18 2011, is this the latest version? If not, where can I find the updated version, will it run with Six, and will it run alright with ACE?

From the Armaholic page:

Description:

Welcome to Blastcore VEP A2R1

This is a separate addon and should not be used with WarFX : Blastcore R1.2 running at the same time! Nor does it update R1.2, insted use a launcher to select which package you perfer, if your planning on playing on Arma 2 maps then use this. But if your playing on OA maps then continue using version WarFX : Blastcore R1.2

This will still work on OA. But I will be updating R1.2 soon.

So, I take it that it is better or safer to run Blastcore Visual as opposed to VEP?