Alright guys ive decided to release something as i said i would and its been awhile since i have and just wanted to get something moving again so..

Heres a Community Beta Release of the Blastcore A2 VEP

Designed generally for A2 and not for OA, although can still be used in OA but not designed for that kinda setting.

There are no signed files as this is a beta only and not for global release.

Give it a whirl over the weekend and report your issues. Although this is still a WIP its intended to mostly find any issues such as lagspikes and anything that looks out of place.

Next update will include

- Blastcore A2 VEP R1

- Blastcore OA VEP R1.3

Have fun, blow some shit up. Cheers

http://www.gamefront.com/files/22390258/Blastcore_A2_Beta.rar

Is it Christmas ALREADY!?!

I love you OpticalSnare, and I can now enjoy blowing shit up even more thanks to you! Great job :D

Aww thanks man :o

Will download, drool and report back asap!

Though what I can say already, is a big fat THANK YOU! :)

On some weapons effects doesn't work.

Did you try it within only ArmA2 environment? I suspect you load it with ArmA2:CO, if so, some weapons effect would be overwrited by OA effect, cause Optical has said this pack only for ArmA2 but not for OA

Did you try it within only ArmA2 environment? I suspect you load it with ArmA2:CO, if so, some weapons effect would be overwrited by OA effect, cause Optical has said this pack only for ArmA2 but not for OA

I try both. This bug present in all blastcore versions.

I try both. This bug present in all blastcore versions.

- Never noticed this before heh, anyway fixed it.

Edited by Opticalsnare

- Never noticed this before heh, anyway fixed it.

That's Great!

This also happens with pistols and some other weapons AK-107 (all variants), VSS Vintorez, Saiga-12, PP-19 Bizon, DMR, M110, L115A3 LRR, L86A2 LSW, AA-12, M8 (all variants), G36 (all variants), MG36, M1014, MPSSD6, Sa-54 (all variants), AKS-74UN Kobra, MP5A5.

Look like T-55 was fixed in last beta.

Edited by Danil-ch

Im sorry but is there any changelog?

I would like to read what kind of changes are made to this great mod.

Thank you!!

That's Great!

This also happens with pistols and some other weapons AK-107 (all variants), VSS Vintorez, Saiga-12, PP-19 Bizon, DMR, M110, L115A3 LRR, L86A2 LSW, AA-12, M8 (all variants), G36 (all variants), MG36, M1014, MPSSD6, Sa-54 (all variants), AKS-74UN Kobra, MP5A5.

Look like T-55 was fixed in last beta.

Yeh all should be fixed now, as ive add a global effect to all Rifle & Pistol Base Classes.

- Can you guys test the main guns of tanks, i added a effect which changes the recoil slightly.

Edited by Opticalsnare

One thing I would love to see is some change of the fire colour . I personally would like to have the colour more red , something like ACE fire.

Is there anyway to edit or to change this for personal use only?

Added link to the beta on front page if anyone needs to find it direct them to first page under betas.

Yup fixed campfire keep em coming guys :)

Just want to ask is there any plans for bringing muzzle flashes back?

arma2oa2012100622002327.jpg

What about giant helicopters explosions could they be fixed?

I noticed a bug where I fired rockets from a little bird into water and up come HUGE water sprites. Something to look into for the final version. Also you did you change the smoke grenades? I noticed that they don't spread with the wind as much, which is nice. Might just be my imagination though.

I noticed a bug where I fired rockets from a little bird into water and up come HUGE water sprites. Something to look into for the final version. Also you did you change the smoke grenades? I noticed that they don't spread with the wind as much, which is nice. Might just be my imagination though.

Yeh looking into the water effects, its do with the distance and size of the particles ive noticed it before but forgotten about it. The smoke grenades do have slight reduction in being affected by wind.

Is there a workaround for the fact that smoke won't be covering the same area it actually is? Like when I play on our server I run Blastcore, but most don't which means I don't see the same smoke coverage as them.

@Optical,

I just tried your latest A2 version beta pack, and met a CTD problem:"Internal error: Rendering command buffer to small" when I use A10 drop several GBU bomb, any idea?

@Optical,

I just tried your latest A2 version beta pack, and met a CTD problem:"Internal error: Rendering command buffer to small" when I use A10 drop several GBU bomb, any idea?

Hmmm never really had that before.

Shoundnt be caused by the mod, although in some rare cases where you really push the limits it could cause a meltdown. But ive not reached that yet only lag and particle cutout which i think is there to prevent this happening.

There are two bomb classes where they have slightly differnt effects for them although same smoke and fireball.

GBU12 = Has more effects (Dirt, Sparks, and Debris)

- Ideal for a single bomb hit max 2-3 i recommend.

MK82 = Reduced Detail Effects No Dirt, No Sparks & No Debris

- Ideal for carpet bombing or multiple drops.

Im just finishing a few things off and tweaking a few effects and should be ready this friday for a proper release.

Edited by Opticalsnare

Alright guys well im ready to release a update, but im having a few problems converting the config files into bin format. Anyone know of a good binpacker. Ive tried the PBO tools but it has a problem...

Use offical tools pls, no experiemtns with usermade stuff needed. Just. Use. binPBO!

It also has a nice error log, which is always worth to have a look at.

If you find me sounding picky, that´s only because i love your FX mods and would totally look forward to a polished version!

Tried that, it packs it fine but when i click binarize it crashes with error in config.. Where does the log files go in binpbo?

I have noticed a bug where the bullet impact effects don't show some times. I would say it could be as much as only 4 impact effects for every 10 rounds fired. The thing is, it only seems to happen online, I tested offline and couldn't get it to happen once. The gun I was using was M4203RCO 30rndStanag (it happens with all rifles though). I turned Blastcore off for a few games online and never noticed one missing impact effect.

Is this a known issue, or could it be fixed/looked at some time?

Thanks!

Hi, I posted the above a while back, just wanted to bump it again now your back working on it. Could this be from playing in Combined Arms and not just Arma2 as some one mentioned recently? Do you think it could be fixed? Its the only big problem with Blastcore for me.

Thanks for a great mod!

Ok found the logfile,

Error in config c:\users\opticalsnare\desktop\warfx\warfxpe\ParticleEffects\config.cpp
Error in config c:\users\opticalsnare\desktop\warfx\warfxpe\ParticleEffects\config.cpp
Cannot load font core\data\fonts\lucidaconsoleb8
Fonts file \core\data\fonts\lucidaConsoleB8 not found
Cannot load font core\data\fonts\lucidaconsoleb11
Fonts file \core\data\fonts\lucidaConsoleB11 not found
W:\c\Poseidon\El\FileServer\fileServer.cpp(2287) : Assertion failed '_workerThread.Size() == _nRequestsLoading'

My mod doesnt have anything to do with the fonts.... :confused:

If this inst sorted in the next 30mins im just gonna release with the configs as .cpp i anit got time for this mickey mouse bullshit.