Check your RPT file for anything else. AFAIK that can be caused by lots of different things.

Get inton a BMP, switch to third person view, fire, watch the casings. Its a great feature!

Nothing compared to a Tunguska. ;)

@Pure

It could be one of the muzzle effect particles. I don't believe the M134 has shell casings, but I know it has a muzzle flash effect.

Well the smoke thing im sure i could do something about, as i said before i wanted to add in the user options to disable things or whtver im sure i can add in that for the smoke grenades.

That would be very nice, sort of like a Blastcore-lite.

Tests without Blastcore do not show this error. here is the RPT entry which seems to correspond:

LODShape::Preload: shape 'ca\weapons\nabojnice.p3d' not found

Warning Message: Cannot open object ca\weapons\nabojnice.p3d

yeah I also thought that might be the muzzleflash effects but I am using the version where I think OS disabled them (the huge vehicle flashes).

This also shows up when firing said 2A42 on the BMP-2 or other large caliber weapons for the first time

Edited by PurePassion

Yeah, it's probably the muzzle flash. Those all are supposed to have it.

I really love this mod but the special effects don't work in almost all mods that add new vehicles. Tanks don't have any effects while shooting, there's no explosion when the shell explodes etc. Bummer, I really love those effects.

@Purepassion,

Nabojnice.p3d is shell model. I suspect you don't have a full ArmA:CO installed.

That is indeed the case. When I get the error I am playing my OA standalone.

But what is this missing file? Shouldn't it be part of Blastcore?

That is indeed the case. When I get the error I am playing my OA standalone.

But what is this missing file? Shouldn't it be part of Blastcore?

----No, the Blastcore just quote the nabojnice.p3d from the ARMA2\Addons\weapons.pbo, if you don't have vanilla ArmA2,then you don't have the weapons.pbo.

Ah okay :) So is it correct those shell models exist in vanilla but just aren't used like the jet air-stream effect?

I do have A2 but prefer to play OA standalone somehow. Is there a way I can get this specific file to the OA directory without causing too many conflicts (I suppose that would require seperating this specific file and path from the rest of the weapons.pbo)

Another issue I have when trying to load Arma 2 (not OA), is a error message saying: Bad version in p3d file 'warfxpe\particleeffects\universal\explosion_01.p3d' without having any mod startup parameters nor WarFX and other addon files in the A2 game directory.:confused:

Thanks Lao :)

Edited by PurePassion

Hi,

I've been having a weird problem when it comes to tracers. When I tried firing the m249 I wasn't able to see tracers but my team mates could see them, but when I switched to TWS, the tracers do appear. I had to install Blascore Tracers in order for me to see the tracers. I'm assuming that I shouldn't have installed the mod for it to work properly?

I tried re downloding the mod via sixupdater but still no go.

I really love this mod but the special effects don't work in almost all mods that add new vehicles. Tanks don't have any effects while shooting, there's no explosion when the shell explodes etc. Bummer, I really love those effects.

That's because most people create completely new weapon classes for their weapons that only inherit from the base vanilla weaponclasses (CannonCore, etc) instead of building off existing weapons. The only way to fix this is to create your own mod that modifies those new weapons with the BlastcoreFX code entries.

Hey man, I am running your COSLX with Blastcore effects and sounds and it's....SWEET.!!!!

@BlackADD3R

you got it backwards, this is the Blastcore thread, your running Blastcore with COSLX is what you want to say.

I suspect OS has already been employed by BIS to improve their next generation ArmA game, just like Smookie(CG animation addon author):bounce3:

I do have A2 but prefer to play OA standalone somehow. Is there a way I can get this specific file to the OA directory without causing too many conflicts (I suppose that would require seperating this specific file and path from the rest of the weapons.pbo)

Why would you want to make things harder? Install OA over A2 to make combined ops, and you wont get any more errors.... and no you can't do that without altering most of the BIS core files, and I think you know that isn't allowed. ;)

I don't understand. Are Blastcore Visuals and WarFX Particles the same thing? If not, which is better?

WarFX Particles--->http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=8182 for Arma2 only

WarFX : Blastcore---->http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12975 needs OA or Arma2+OA to run.

also

watch the vids on both pages, and see the difference.

This thread is for Blastcore.

The WarFX particles thread is here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?89685-WarFX-Particles

which is better?

Thats for you to decide, I like them both but since I have OA and always play that then Blastcore is my choice.

If you like Warfx particles then get the Arma2 version,

if you like the OA version then get Blastcore, and you will need OA or it wont work in your game.

Understand?

Although a version is currently in the works (slowly) and more suitable for woodland type maps, as Blastcore is currently aimed at the OA environment.

Don't worry I got everything sorted now ;) (solution=CO)

So you finally made it? WOW, unbelieveable mate! About bloody time!

LJ

So you finally made it? WOW, unbelieveable mate! About bloody time!

LJ

hehe absolutely! :o

Now I would appreciate a woodland version as well :bigglasses: