That's because you play with ACE which is automatically adding the invisible objects to the smoke that block AI's vision ;)

Thats cool, but how does this work on a server if only the client has the mod installed? (ACE running on the server).

Thats cool, but how does this work on a server if only the client has the mod installed? (ACE running on the server).

I'm not sure what you mean ? You're not supposed to mix ACE and non-ACE, clients or servers, always leads to bad things when you do.

Looking at the ACE code, view blocks are always created on the server whenever anyone (player or AI, client or server) fires a smoke grenade.

I don't see how Blastcore would affect this functionality.

I'm not sure what you mean ? You're not supposed to mix ACE and non-ACE, clients or servers, always leads to bad things when you do.

Looking at the ACE code, view blocks are always created on the server whenever anyone (player or AI, client or server) fires a smoke grenade.

I don't see how Blastcore would affect this functionality.

No. I´ll try to explain it.

Our Server runs with ACE, and all clients have ACE enabled. Some clients have blastcore. If someone throws a Smoke grenade, how is it going to affect the AI? Will the AI see only the small vanilla smoke cloud?

No. I´ll try to explain it.

Our Server runs with ACE, and all clients have ACE enabled. Some clients have blastcore. If someone throws a Smoke grenade, how is it going to affect the AI? Will the AI see only the small vanilla smoke cloud?

From my experience as a player, the smoke alone does not make any difference for AI, it's the ACE viewblock object that does, which is the same regardless of where Blastcore is running or not. This viewblock is an invisible object that actually blocks AI's vision and it's shape and movement will most likely not match Blastcore smoke's behavior.

Ok thank you, that why I would love to see a Blastcore version without smoke grenade effects for MP compatibility.

Or make the smoke optional, i'd like to have it, cause it looks awesome and we always use it with ACE

OR give all Blastcore smoke (whatever the source) a viewblock (if it already doesn't have it).

Viewblock is viewblock :) Shame that the AI won't suppress through the smoke!

Thanks kylania, now I definately would like the smoke grenade effect to be optional.

Can you do the same without warFX , ace or vanilla only? Same situation..I'd like to see the difference

Can you do the same without warFX , ace or vanilla only? Same situation..I'd like to see the difference

Yes, it would be interesting to see the results.

Edited by Robalo

Why would you NOT want the viewblock for smoke Tonci87?

Because the viewblock isn´t in the same position as the smoke.

Is this fully compatible with ACE? Or are there plans to make it so?

Works fine with ACE for me.

I have a question wrt WarFX Blastcore and WarFX Particles. I searched the threads but couldn't find a definite answer.

Does WarFX Blastcore supersede WarFX Particles, or are these separate mods that can be used together (apart from that Particles is not signed) ?

Thanks (and thanks for the very nice mod)

Edited by fraczek

Blastcore is the newest version, recommended as older versions are buggy and not as optimized.

Well the smoke thing im sure i could do something about, as i said before i wanted to add in the user options to disable things or whtver im sure i can add in that for the smoke grenades.

Hi Opticsnare. Could you please release a standalone addon just featuring Shell Casings, one of the components in warfx blastcore, just like your Blastcore Tracers R1 addon? Since some of us don't have cutting-edge computer, and the feature mentioned seems did not heavy relay on high computer resource, but is also unique in arma2 world(we can only find similar feature in arma1: http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=5122&highlight=DEADFAST ).

Thanks in advance :bounce3:

Blastcore has shell casings? I never noticed before.

I knew ACE does, but... Hmm.

Ill ask a stupid question here but im just curious, is there any difference from this blastcore thread and the blastcore_visuals i downled via six updater?

Blastcore has shell casings? I never noticed before.

I knew ACE does, but... Hmm.

Get inton a BMP, switch to third person view, fire, watch the casings. Its a great feature!

As we speak about it and I think it might be related to that; always when I fire large caliber weapons such as e.g. the M134 for the first time in the game, I get a pop-up errormessage saying

Cannot open object ca/weapons abojnice.p3d

Since it says .p3d, I think it might be related to the shells (3D model) which I am not able to see