I am using this mod on a server that has it signed and I get kicked for signs_e is not signed, I am running CBA and WarFX 1.41 with 1.60 patch.

when the sound mod is done, I think it will not be easy to choose between this and JSRS

I found an issue, not sure if it has been reported before or not.

The T-55's cannon doesn't have any firing effects (Smoke, etc). All the other tanks do though.

Also firing effects(no smoke when firing) do not work on some guns like AK-107, VSS Vintorez, Saiga-12, PP-19 Bizon, DMR, Pistols

Is there anyway to make fire to look more red coloured?

I love the effects but fire colour seem to weak. I would like to have something like ACE fire colour. Is this adjustable?

Thanks

just to be sure, this is a client side mod right, the mod doesn't need to run on the server, except for the bikeys?

Cant seem to get the server Keys working for this

Tried the Keys hot fix aswell

Has anyone else got this working with signatures on ?

Has anyone else got this working with signatures on ?
Yes with the SixUpdater key but then only the people who also downloaded it with SIX can use it both keys on Armaholic didnt work for us in any way

Yes with the SixUpdater key but then only the people who also downloaded it with SIX can use it both keys on Armaholic didnt work for us in any way

Thanks Ill try that for now

UNLUCKY for joe public i guess

---------- Post added at 01:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

Doh !!!

All i needed to do was replace BOTH the server Keys and the Addons keys with the hot fix keys

Me dumb hu hu

---------- Post added at 03:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:47 PM ----------

btw guys do the server AI see the blastcore smoke ?

I mean do they see it as we see it or do they see it as normal smaller area smoke

I dont think they do, i always see AI run through it etc like its not there, in fact now i come to think about it, i think AI dont even get view block properly from BIS smoke, though i could be wrong on that.

@OS could you please introduce a version without the smoke grenade effects? I really like hopw they look, but there are some problems:

If you play in MP with someone who doesn´t use Blastcore: he may be able to see a target that you are not able to see because of the smoke.

This happened to me when my Tank Commander ordered me to fire at an enemy unit but I couldn´t see it because of the smoke.

Another problem is how the AI handles the smoke on a server. I´m really not sure if they can see the Blatscore smoke or onle the vanilla one, shooting me when I think I´m concealed by smoke.

Tank smoke shells are bugged. They instantly produce a big amount of smoke but don´t continue to emit more of it. In fact you can hear the grenades dispersing more smoke but it´s not visible.

A general problem: The smoke is affected by wind to much.

Well i have been trying to finish the mod off with whatever time i can spare. But im struggling i will be honest. With work and home projects currently taking over my brainjuice. I doubt the soundmod will make the ArmA2 and will proberly hold it off for ArmA3 insted. Il try and get this effects version finished sometime tho, everytime i get stuck into doing some work on the mod something else with work or home comes up and bites me in the ass and steals me from my project.

. I doubt the soundmod will make the ArmA2 and will proberly hold it off for ArmA3 insted.

Even now that A3 has been pushed back from Q2 to Q4?

Even now that A3 has been pushed back from Q2 to Q4?

That's interesting news. Where d'you read that?

That's interesting news. Where d'you read that?

It's confirmed. Look on the Arma3 site and you will see it now says "Q4 2012" instead of "Summer 2012". (Summer is more like Q3 anyway.)

Too bad about the sound mod (probably) not making Arma2.

Well il see what i can do, if i can get this visual update out the way im sure i can find time to finish off the soundmod.

Excellent (this forum lacks a evil laugh so... yea... pretend theres a evil laughing smiley here... mwahaha.... i'll leave now :( )

Any confirmation if AI view is blocked by the smoke ?

If not its pointless using the smoke

Smoke works. I am sure its not covering all the awesome smoke that Blastcore is displaying. But i use smoke all the time, and it is good for blocking. Mostly in the 15m~ from the nade.

From what i understand theres no LOD for it so ai only see the puffy cloud in the middle of the grenade.

Smoke does seem to work...usually better if you let it spread before running past it.

Love this mod and would love to see a new update for it.

From what i understand theres no LOD for it so ai only see the puffy cloud in the middle of the grenade.

Smoke covers AI view fully. In fact the smoke is way too effective - AI stops shooting the moment enemies are obscured by the smoke, while nothing stops human players from suppressing through it with the gunfire and bombarding with GLs.

Try playing with ASR AI where AI deploys smoke too and you will see it a lot.

Edited by metalcraze

Smoke works. I am sure its not covering all the awesome smoke that Blastcore is displaying. But i use smoke all the time, and it is good for blocking. Mostly in the 15m~ from the nade.

That's because you play with ACE which is automatically adding the invisible objects to the smoke that block AI's vision ;)

That's because you play with ACE which is automatically adding the invisible objects to the smoke that block AI's vision ;)
Well there ya go!. Spoiled with ASR and ACE for so long, just think that is default for everybody. Are you digging out of 20m of snow right now Rob?