when i get into a firefight, all I can hear is the distant shots.I got into a battle with TK army, and I fired my SVD and I didn't hear it.What I did hear was the distant shot 400 yards out.

Did you make sure that there is at least one vehicle on the Map?

I put 3 technicals in the battle and still, I could only hear the distant shots, and not any of the shots my friends and I were shooting right next to my face

Edited by USMC Soldier

i think this is a stupid question but can you use warfx blastcore and particles at the same time?

I saw some wierd swirling fires on vehicles when I did that. The vehicle fire looked more like an anomaly that you would expect in Stalker or something.

I am not sure if anyone else has seen that however. Some of the other effects work really well. It seems bullet impact on the ground looks more as I would expect with both particles and WarFx Blastcore active.

I am sure someone has a more comprehensive answer however as to whether the two mods are officially compatible or not?

...What about meeeeeeeeee!!! Anyone else not getting illumination from downed aircraft that the mod still generates fire for?! Shot down aircraft light up the place beautifully, but crash into utter darkness. Ground vehicles still illuminate when on fire...

I understand you point of view, OS. Actually, I float on and off your current state of things. The only thing that keeps me floating in rather than out is the fact that most other "similar" titles get incredibly boring for me after a couple days of playing. So, as someone says, "ArmA is quite lucky to have its own Mississippi" (some of you will understand this, I am sure).

I love your project and I would be willing to keep working on it for no credit. One thing that struck me as weird/interesting is the following:

ArmA 2 has some great "larger than life" muzzle flashes hidden but not used much. If you get an M4 or M16 with an ACOG scope (RCO x4) you will notice the muzzle flash flower that is superbly on par with more modern, arcade FPS titles.

2dN3siJcisg

I am not talking about realism, I am talking about rendering the "larger than life" special effect.

Why, if I get the same rifle but look through a different optic (Red Dot AimPoint CCO), I can't see the flash flower anymore?

WarFX Blastcore had some great muzzle flashes, now they are left only on vehicles like ZSU and such. Small arms fire does no longer generate muzzle flashes. I know this is realistic, but I'd love some more visual juice in ArmA. I wouldn't mind gaming on it as I do on other FPS titles, even if it was client-side only.

Maybe there could be an additional .pbo file that enables muzzle flashes client-side for the player's weapon, even if only when in "optics" view (whatever the optics are). I might be on speed (actually I am not) but the right sound AND the right visual footprint make up for the lack of other "sensitive data" (no recoil feeling, no tactile input, no "being there for real"). So I am a fan of "overdone" visual effects and audio. As a pro audio engineer and (mostly) a musician I know that guns and firearms are used psychologically to "move people to do something". The viewer fills in the blanks and takes the "gun scene" as some form of inner motivation. This creates pathos and pathos creates feelings. Which is why some movies move you even if they're crappy action movies. This is why bottom line I am ok with "more than what's real" effects when it's about movies/games.

Is there a way to do it? I am willing to work on it, let me know. Do I need to duck for cover? Maybe, but I like the show anyway. Bring it on, my brothers! ;)

Edited by Reezo

I did support Blastcore in the past, and i will do it in future. OS did a fantastic job.

Blastcore for sure is one of the most important mods for our beloved forest ranger simulation. But the mod has to evolve to perfection. We need it, we deserve it.

Make it happen.

They are one and the same. Blastcore is just an updated (and better optimized) version.

Hello guys,

I really like this mod. I am running the latest version downloaded from SixUpdater.

However, whenever I shoot down a helicopter I get the following error message:

Cannot load texture ca/misc/data/fuelcan_b_co.paa

I don't have this "CA" folder. Am I supposed to create one?

So, is there a workaround for this error? I know the mod is no longer supported, but I wonder if someone has been able to come up with a fix for some of the minor bugs it still has, with the author's permission, of course. :bounce3:

"ca" is the folder that is the base for all the BIS pbo files, e.g. the BIS Su-25 model is in \ca\air2\su25.

Do you only have OA, and not ArmA2?

"ca" is the folder that is the base for all the BIS pbo files, e.g. the BIS Su-25 model is in \ca\air2\su25.

Do you only have OA, and not ArmA2?

Hello Mr Xeno,

I own Arma 2, Arma 2 Operation Arrowhead and both DLC's (BA and PMC). All of them were purchased from Sprocket.

When I installed OA it did not give me the option of not installing it in another folder and it installed where Arma 2 was previously installed.

Apart from my mod folders I have the following ones:

Addons ==> 8,21GB

BAF ==> 471MB

BattleEye ==> 804KB

Campaings ==> 292MB

Common ==> 3,42GB

DTA ==> 11,1MB

Expansion ==> 4,10GB

ExternalApplications

Keys

Missions

MPMissions

PMC ==> 966MB

Total Size excluding mod content is roughly 17GB.

So, is there a different folder configuration in the Sprocket version that impedes this fuelcan texture from being loaded? Is there a workaround for that?

I again thank you for you help. :bounce3:

There shouldn't be any issues with Sprocket. I purchased the original ArmA2 from Steam, but got OA through Sprocket (along with the two DLC's), and I haven't had any such issues.

I'm afraid I'm stumped at this point.

There shouldn't be any issues with Sprocket. I purchased the original ArmA2 from Steam, but got OA through Sprocket (along with the two DLC's), and I haven't had any such issues.

I'm afraid I'm stumped at this point.

So, do you also have the "CA" folder? The ARMA installation I'm running is very recent. The game download is pretty old, but I guess that shouldn't matter in terms of folder arrangement.

Well, thanks anyway... I'll see what I can do. I'll try another launcher and see if that could be the culprit. The version of the launcher I have is pretty old. I guess that could also prevent some files from being loaded. I'll see if I can sort it out.

And again thank you for the patience and help. :bounce3:

the CA folder is located in the ca.pbo inside your vanilla addons folder, sounds like you may have a corrupt download, try downloading the game again and/or updating to latest patches

ArmA 2 - 1.10

Operation Arrowhead 1.59

BAF 1.02

PMC 1.01

__

More on topic now, I see that OS has been active on his youtube channel recently, perhaps that means he's back from his 'long' break. :)

Hello guys,

I really like this mod. I am running the latest version downloaded from SixUpdater.

However, whenever I shoot down a helicopter I get the following error message:

Cannot load texture ca/misc/data/fuelcan_b_co.paa

I don't have this "CA" folder. Am I supposed to create one?

So, is there a workaround for this error? I know the mod is no longer supported, but I wonder if someone has been able to come up with a fix for some of the minor bugs it still has, with the author's permission, of course. :bounce3:

I've actually had this for months (since whenever I downloaded the latest WarFX). I figured it was an issue with WarFx, but could be wrong.

I have the DVD versions of A2 and OA (combined) and the Sprocket versions of BA and PMC. It's possible I maybe a version behind on A2 but my CO is updated. Maybe that's the problem, but I've never really been that motivated to "fix" it. WarFX continues to be a great addition to the game.

This nice sound effects should be separated from this soundmod so everybody could download it as a sound effect that would work with normal soundmods but it's a realy nice soundmod with three issues - no grenade explosion sound and somtimes it turns off all sounds but this nice echo when I play. Why don't you fiish it? It has the best Ak74 sound I think. Some louder explosion sounds would be nice. It makes firefights sound like this

Has anyone noticed that since AA2 patch 1.59 some parts of this mod don't work correctly any more? For vehicles, such as t90, the machinegun's muzzle flash works fine. But for infantry weapons, such as m4, ak74, pk etc, no longer have the amazing muzzle flash effects. Those weapons which are not part of a certain vehicle only have original BI or ace muzzle flash. (Without any other mods, it is the same case.)

So is there there a way to restore Warfx Blastcore muzzle flash back to infantry weapons?

I use AA2 + OA + PMC + BAF and ACE2 + some other mods.

Yeah mate, the small arms muzzle flash effect was removed in the latest version.

Use the older version if you must have it.

Edited by CameronMcDonald
dbl post lolwutz

Hey guys just a heads up, i recently started working on my mods again after a long break. Might be releasing a beta version of the woodland effects this weekend for some testing, hope people still play this game :)

OS

Hey guys just a heads up, i recently started working on my mods again after a long break. Might be releasing a beta version of the woodland effects this weekend for some testing, hope people still play this game :)

OS

Oh yes we do! Great to hear you're back! :bounce3:

Abs

We play becuase folks like yourself enhance it, you are a paradox :)

With the new Clafgan map, JSRS in the works 1.60 firing out the door very soon and yourself back in the frame, of course people still play :)

When this topic was locked I was afraid you'd given up...so glad to hear it's back. Can't play without it.