Sound cutting out in the middle of a firefight.

This is mainly due to your 'Max available channels' setting in the Arma 2 audio settings. Apperently the Soundmod uses mroe channels (or hte sounds occupy the individual channels longer). By increasing the Max Available channels, you will probably no longer recieve this problem. Be carefull though: Increasing this setting increases the load on your sound card, thus decreasing performance, especially if it is integrated. Setting it to really high values can crash the game. It is best to experiment :).

Noted, thank you. I will just increase it slightly, it was only a problem during firefights really. I just wish the sound mod was modular, I love the audio, but it's just frankly missing too much, I mixed it with JSRS but for some reason silenced weapons didn't work. I would just take the weapons noises and distant gunfire audio and mix it with everything JSRS has done right.

Sadly I don't have the skillset required to go through the configs and do this.

Just came here to get my daily dose of Armaeroin, loaded with tension if there will be some news.

Still OS not visible in the distance.

Still no woodland video.

I've also found a bug, when deploying the smoke grenade launchers from the tank, these smoke will suddenly disappears in a certain of time.

Read the FIRST page .....

Requirements

Community Base Addons / CBA

Operation Arrowhead

High-Spec Computer System

I fear that he has lost interest for arma. Maybe the next patch will bring him back

or a busy life outside the game. kids,wife, school, job?

much agreed, the dreaded would be a loss of interest in the game.:(

If he's not here, bumping the thread even more isn't going to make him come back. Why not wait a little? you don't call someone on a phone every other day for the next year incase they might of taken a surprise vacation or had something unexpected come up.

All I know is that these effects are better than what came in Red Orchestra 2.

Just amazing.

I think the muzzleflash on the M168 is a bit excessive. Here's an example of it firing on the M163 VADS.

Example

Ignoring the weird graphics bug on the hull (my fault, bad compression of the texture file), that flame seems a might too big for the weapon, and it makes actually hitting anything impossible because the muzzle blast completely blinds the gunner. Would anyone know how to reduce this giant muzzle flash?

EDIT:

Sorry about the picture file size.

Edited by Xeno426
clarification

If he's not here' date=' bumping the thread even more isn't going to make him come back. Why not wait a little? you don't call someone on a phone every other day for the next year incase they might of taken a surprise vacation or had something unexpected come up.[/quote']

Here we go again

kHmvkRoEowc

I think he gave up after the latest warfx was received with some disappointment

Edited by johanna

Naaah, thats what you call a "creative pause" ;)

anyways, please no more rumours, OS can do what he wants to

I think he gave up after the latest warfx was received with some disappointment

eh? what dissapointment?

Hey guys.

I havnt given up on the mods, ive been doing other things atm mostly playing about with the cryengine 3 sdk. I admit that i have not actually done much work to the mods for quite awhile now, and i know i left off with unfinished work that still needs finishing. I have lost quite abit of interest overall in the game itself. It was getting a bit boring making changes to configs and then starting the game up checking its results 20 times a night, its not extactly the way i wanted to play the game. I might try and finish off the woodland version of the effects sometime tho, just atm its very slow progress. Dont worry il get my boots on again and have a good stomp on someday. ;)

Take your time whenever needed, we all know a bit of the ArmAout syndrome. Rock on :D

It was getting a bit boring making changes to configs and then starting the game up checking its results

20 times a night, its not extactly the way i wanted to play the game.

I hear you man, I feel the same way, I got to that point with CoWarMod, the testing and whatnot becomes a job, even though you want to do it.

Testing and play are 2 different things!

Rest up and you'll be back and eager.

I agree with this kind of mod, and your just watching .... adjusting code, running, watching .... would drive me nuts, always a sure fire way to burn out sooner or later.

A good break from it will do the job, then you can view Arma as a player again :)

Hey guys.

I havnt given up on the mods, ive been doing other things atm mostly playing about with the cryengine 3 sdk. I admit that i have not actually done much work to the mods for quite awhile now, and i know i left off with unfinished work that still needs finishing. I have lost quite abit of interest overall in the game itself. It was getting a bit boring making changes to configs and then starting the game up checking its results 20 times a night, its not extactly the way i wanted to play the game. I might try and finish off the woodland version of the effects sometime tho, just atm its very slow progress. Dont worry il get my boots on again and have a good stomp on someday. ;)

Absolutely hear you man... ArmA 2 is a bitch to keep running, make look good and sound somewhat okay. The ratio between the time you put in and the reward for that is superbly low. The only thing motivation are people who like the work and the easy-modability of the game. The rest is meh. I gave up on it since my gaming community blocked all sounds mods but acex_sm, and I was a sound guy, why the F should I play a game that sounds like crap and I cant do anything about it...? :-/ So yeah, I hear ya.

I am also toying with CE3 SDK at the moment. Check this out:

:)

Will JTD Fire & Smoke work with this, I have it installed but im not seeing fuel fires etc, I'm a little confused as it worked before blastcore.

Maybe a bug, maybe me but does anyone else not get a light source from shot down aircraft? They light up the land just fine on the way down but once they hit the ground the light goes and all that is left is an unrealistic fire which emits no light..?

Edit: Ok after a little testing, it seems no aircraft, destroyed on the ground or in the air will provide light as they burn on the ground... I can't read 143 pages to see if this is common! Any help?

Edited by gopherman