Unless you have an active cooling system on a FLIR imaging system you aren't going to see past 600-700 meters. What you are going to see on a weapon mounted FLIR at 700+ meters is MAYBE a pixel or 3 wide. If you cannot acquire a target without a white hot image on a thermal scope, MAYBE you should take your "booty" back to COD where it's easy to acquire a target...but what would I know? I've only been working with thermal imaging systems real life for 8 years...

.but what would I know? I've only been working with thermal imaging systems real life for 8 years...

Oho! Sounds like a real elitist to me! Take your facts and get out of here!

or maybe we should just drop it, let OS have a nice holiday, and keep this thread ontopic? :)

mmkay?

Im on holiday :)

Awesome mate, have a great rest and have a few beers and kick back :D

Guys serously, Beaver theres no room for biting at people here, especially on this thread, and maturin thats unlike you to be stand off with someone.

Crossed wires is all.

I'm betting if we get bitching and that sorta stuff the thread will end up being locked again like last time, so shake on it.

Edited by Bigpickle

Has anyone got the new Blastcore Tracers running on a dedicated server with signature checks enabled? I'm having a lot of trouble configuring my server and want to double-check I didn't miss anything before I resign the .pbo myself...

Does anyone know if OS' new tracers (Blastcore_Tracers.rar) compatible with BD's Tracer Lights and/or Pistolfield's Tracers?

Bump!

Why dont you try yourself and find out?

Speaking of you working on a woodland version OS, is it possible to get a different effect of explosions on water, I must say it looks extremely silly when sand/mud/dust particles are the affect of a bomb exploding on water :p

Because testing takes a lot of time.

Sadly I don't have much any more (wife, kids, etc.)

Someone may have already encountered this.

It's called helping someone out...

Testing involves loading both mods up and seeing if you get the desired effects, if one doesn't work then that concludes that the other doesn't work.

Roughly takes the same time it would when you go to play the games, so my advice would be it's faster to do it yourself then to ask on a forum thus... less time-consuming.

Regardless of that "BD's Tracer Lights" & "Pistolfield's Tracers" bring up no search results here or on armaholic, perhaps you can give the correct name or link for said mods...

Edited by VIPER[CWW]

;1990933']Testing involves loading both mods up and seeing if you get the desired effects' date=' if one doesn't work then that concludes that the other doesn't work.[/quote']

I'm afraid that its not that simple. There are 3 mods which means there are 9 possible permutations.

;1990933']Regardless of that "BD's Tracer Lights" & "Pistolfield's Tracers" bring up no search results here or on armaholic' date=' perhaps you can give the correct name or link for said mods...[/quote']

BD Tracer Lights thread here

Pistolfied's Tracers on Armaholic

If any other server admins have difficulty using Blastcore Tracers on a dedicated server with signature checks, PM me, I re-signed it with a v2 .bikey (the same as used by Xeno426 in his TGW Zeroing / Scopes / Vehicles mods).

Thanks again to Optical Snare! :D

If any other server admins have difficulty using Blastcore Tracers on a dedicated server with signature checks, PM me, I re-signed it with a v2 .bikey (the same as used by Xeno426 in his TGW Zeroing / Scopes / Vehicles mods).

Thanks again to Optical Snare! :D

Signing other addons with existing keys seems not useful (loss of control) - why not create a completely new key, and only use it for WarFX?

I'm afraid that its not that simple. There are 3 mods which means there are 9 possible permutations.

BD Tracer Lights thread here

Pistolfied's Tracers on Armaholic

Blastcore tracers uses lightsource the same as bdtracers, and the difference between pistolfied's and blastcore is a colour difference. So pistolfieds and blastcore together is pointless as one will probably cancel the other out in some way.

Bdtracer light and blastcore tracers together looked like firing lightsabers, its over kill with both, but again they both do the same thing.

Signing other addons with existing keys seems not useful (loss of control) - why not create a completely new key, and only use it for WarFX?

I will admit, laziness. I had the private key on my HDD and wanted to play MP w/ Blastcore Tracers RIGHT NOW!!! :o :p

Gosh Morgan, you're such a moron!

lol jk. Sickboy does bring up a good point though.

I have a problem

As soon as i fire the Hydra's from anny plane or helicopter

My game gets an Ctd?

I'm getting the following error:

File warfxpe\ParticleEffects\SCRIPTS\destruction\AirDestructionStage2.sqf, line 97
Error in expression <etDropInterval _dr;

sleep (0 - (_speed / 0));
_i = _i + 1;
};
deleteVehicle _sm>
 Error position: </ 0));
_i = _i + 1;
};
deleteVehicle _sm>
 Error Zero divisor

That's a very odd expression:

sleep (0 - (_speed / 0));

• Dividing by zero
  • If the divisor wasn't zero, you'd end up with a negative value. You can't wait negative time :D

I've noticed that with ACE + Blastcore, the M47 Dragon missile has no smoke at all, making it look like it's floating magically. Without Blastcore, it has a little bit of smoke, so I'm guessing it's a Blastcore issue.

Hey @OS i have playedd the new version from the battlefield 2 mod forgotten hope 2 and must say their haves realy great effects explosions and impacts from rifles or tank guns and artillery ...its so sweet maybe spend a little time and test it ,its very impressive for your wood and snow versions i think :)

Greetz

Hey @OS i have playedd the new version from the battlefield 2 mod forgotten hope 2 and must say their haves realy great effects explosions and impacts from rifles or tank guns and artillery ...its so sweet maybe spend a little time and test it ,its very impressive for your wood and snow versions i think :)

Greetz

Yeah, I tried it aswell som days ago, gonna give it a try now again. ;) Looks good! Even on that old BF2 engine. :D

Yeah, I tried it aswell som days ago, gonna give it a try now again. ;) Looks good! Even on that old BF2 engine. :D

Hmm thanks for the heads up guys :yay: its been ages since i played BF2, I used to play a FH2.0 Torney, will be nice to see how its progressed. :)

I use the blastcore visuals 1.2 and war fx but recently I discovered the beta sound mod that is available and I like it alot. There are some strange things though sometimes the sound dissapears and most weapons sound the same.

Is there any plans to release an update soon? It would be great if you release an update and there is a great potential to be one if not the best sound mod in the future.

hi i use warcomod, well almost use SLX in standalone game and always test the compatibility and performance with others mods

in warcomod are JTDfireandsmoke and blastcore_visual i see low performance when too much armors are smoked

i discard jtd (no like anyway)

but discover the smoke still dense so after tests the problem was blastcore

so my question is...blastcore overanimtion smoke with bis smoke or blastcore smoke are these? i prefer original smoke for a better performance or a less dense smoke

i wanna combine DisabledVehicleBurningEffect_Visuals_C_PvPscene.pbo with blastcore explosion but no lost performance with too dense smoke

links:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/62/smokeblastcore.jpg/

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/804/smokenomods.png/

Edited by PFC Magician
links

I use the blastcore visuals 1.2 and war fx but recently I discovered the beta sound mod that is available and I like it alot. There are some strange things though sometimes the sound dissapears and most weapons sound the same.

I'm not sure why people are using blastcore and warfx together, do you mean the visuals from both? or the blastcore visuals and the warfx lighting etc?

If its the first specualtion, then dont use the old warfx with the new blastcore. The new balstcore is bettered and optimised for OA, using both surely would have some kind of detrimental effect.

To do with the sounds, its a glitch at the moment where your new weapon retains the sound of the last one used, OS has fixed this in his current WIP, it is to do with sound bite length and can be rectified by putting the weapon back then picking it up again.

Hi im a new ArmaII OA user, so hi to all

Im having a few problems with this mod

im using armaII launcher, ive added the

@Blastcore_Visuals_R1.2 and @Blastcore_SoundFX_BETA to arma2 launcher

But whenever i click start game i get this error

see screenshot

unled1um.jpg

If anybody could tell me were im going wrong plz

regards

Doc