OS, you really need to crank the warFX up some steps.

Just installed the good old beta and was blown away again.

The new one is simply to tame, it´s like "hmm was that vanilla or a warfx explosion"

And to all the "leave OS ALONE!!!" you remind me of:

http://youtu.be/kHmvkRoEowc

I think you want to compare OS with Britney, not to us with the girl?!? Ha ha ha ^ ^

Ok, I say it: "LEAVE OS ALONEEEEE" :D

Jarhead

I think you want to compare OS with Britney, not to us with the girl?!? Ha ha ha ^ ^

Ok, I say it: "LEAVE OS ALONEEEEE" :D

Jarhead

My grammar is top notch ;)

OnTopic, i just see the new warFX as a huge waste of supreme effects that was there before...

Is this a evolution of WarFX particles or a whole new project. As in should I run this and Warfx particles?

someone needs to slap that little gayboy round the head with a kipper :p

OT:

"That" is a female mate :p

;1961049']OT:

"That" is a female mate :p

That's debatable, born a guy but is dabbling with the other side :P

I'm interested if the smoke grenades of warFX affect AI in a more specific way here?

Because the smoke in warFX turns kinda with the wind - and spreads much larger but not on the point where the smoke gren landed.

Will the AI actually be blocked by the Smoke Particles itself - so whereever it is - or just by a radius placed "invisible" around the position of the thrown smoke grenade?

would be nice to know - because It would bugger me if I throw smokes withing a COOP Game - and think that the AI cant see through that smokes which spreads few meters away cause of War FX - and will be still shot perfectly :(

I'm interested if the smoke grenades of warFX affect AI in a more specific way here?

Because the smoke in warFX turns kinda with the wind - and spreads much larger but not on the point where the smoke gren landed.

Well, this might happening because of higher scaled textures. Bigger size of the FX and with the right config etries in the right spot its much more volumetric, but I cannot imagine this will affect the AI. To get this effect, OS would has to work in a whole different config section! I don't think he's touching this AI stuff.

Will the AI actually be blocked by the Smoke Particles itself - so whereever it is - or just by a radius placed "invisible" around the position of the thrown smoke grenade?

would be nice to know - because It would bugger me if I throw smokes withing a COOP Game - and think that the AI cant see through that smokes which spreads few meters away cause of War FX - and will be still shot perfectly :(

And what you said about getting shot anyways might be the evidence! Maybe there's a fix somewhere, i heard about Smokebloking AI View or something like that. ZeusAI might be the answer, but while using this, you would just getting shot more perfectly^^

Hmm, maybe around SLX... thats might be the right spot... for AI blocking View, he he...

Jarhead

hehe...

Well I made a testing video which I wanna share with you - I'm pretty sure that the AI wont be blocked actually by the Smoke Particles itself. I'm sure they are actually blocked by a invisible Zone Radius which is placed around the smoke grenade will thrown.

As you can see in the video the smoke particles are turning far left - but the enemy still wont see me while im moving left. That would be just like the vanilla grenades smoke radius. So I'm sure the smoke is just a "optical candy" without any gameplay sense.

Is there a way to pick out the smoke grenade - and turn it back to vanilla? Cause I love WarFX but am only playing Coop with my squad on my server - we often use smoke so we need smoke which actually works where we are expecting it :)

---------- Post added at 08:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:58 PM ----------

Well a quick fix for that maybe...

I found the scripts for the smoke trails direction stuff:

drop

[["warfxPE\ParticleEffects\Universal\smoke_02",1,0,1], "", "billboard", 1, 20, _this,

[0, 0, 0], 10, 10.1, 7.9, 0.8, [4,10],

[[0.6, 0.5, 0.4, 0.5],[0.6, 0.5, 0.4,0]],

[1], 0.05, 0.05, "", "", "", random 360];

exit;

What should I change to what so I can have vanilla smoke output? - I love the texture sprites and wanna keep them - but just the output of the smokes should stay vanilla to keep smokes playable

I also would like to use default smoke grens for the same reasons. Anyone got an idea?

I'm sure the script I posted is the clue - just need to figure out how to change that so the smoke will act like in vanilla

May you should PM OP before you going to post any reworked configs or scripts somewhere. PM him and ask him about your questions and ideas. He may have the answer or even let you rework his config, but with permission- otherwise, hands away I guess. Or even make this in privat!

But I'm sure OP will find the time to help you with that ;)

Jarhead

its not a scripted event, its in the main config file under

class SmokeShellWhite

class SmokeShellWhiteLong

&

class SmokeShellWhiteLong2

All you need to do is copy and paste the vanilla entrys to replace the modded ones and also search for the actual emitter itself located in the bottom part of the config searching for the classname of the actual effect will locate the emitter replace the emitter with the vanilla ones and repack the mod.

If you manage to sort any of that out Falke88 could you PM it to me :P

Ok well good news is that ive managed to make the tracers ALOT better with new models and everything looks sweet as fook. Im currently working on the woodland edition of the visuals which is almost finish and some minor changes to the dusty version (current) which fixes a few things although not much has changed much. The soundmod will be released along with the rest of the updates and will be a public beta currently 3 projects going on atm so its all kinda bit mental atm.

Great news OS... take a well earned break, get a crate of lager/cider in and go pHUc|<!ng M3nt4L :)

Edited by VIPER[CWW]

True words VIPER.

But he definately should go for german beer, because only this will make his brain go Blastcore the way it is meant to be. Let the sparks fly.

lol, well I hope its out this upcoming week. :)

offtopic: take a well deserved swedish "snapps" instead and relax.

92.jpg

Take this and your brain will really go Blastcore

absinth_gruene_fee_1.jpg

@OS,

In the upcoming version, do remember revise all the strings in the WarFXPE\ParticleEffects\config.bin,

" access = "ReadAndWrite" " into " access = "0" ", "0" represents "ReadAndWrite" and can be evaluated.

Thus there wouldn't be dozens of "Cannot evaluate 'ReadAndWrite' - no file" information in rpt.files.

Edited by Lao Fei Mao