Sounds are really good, impressive stuff. Had to turn up the # of sound samples in my audio settings otherwise my sounds would cut out too fast.

Would be cool if you could fix the inheritance issue though, breaks recoil for the Sa58 ;)

Updating base class Single->Mode_SemiAuto, by warfx_weapons\config.cpp/cfgWeapons/Sa58V_RCO_EP1/Single/
Updating base class MGun->CannonCore, by warfx_weapons\config.cpp/cfgWeapons/M621/manual/

Thanks!

Question speaking of the broken sounds when many sounds are playing simultaneously.

Is it because there are like 2 sounds for every shot?

I noticed in (lets say) 1st person view/up front you can hear both the typical gunshot AND one distantshot that sounds like a distantshot from 1km away at the same time. Is it suppose to be this way to get distantshots to work? Or can you disable the distantshot from the up-close-distance?

Hope you understand what I mean. :D

Yeh thats part of the effects atm, i would like to stop that from happening as its using up the channels ie 128 or whatever you set, hopfully in later updates this can be cured or someone can improved upon. As i stated before this scripting method on my sound to other soundmodders is opensource they can implement this into their own work but obv it needs refinement and hopfully by that way insted of being selfish i will allow others to experiment and improve upon it. :)

The cutoff sounds can be improved upon, i also need to find a way to errm stop sounds playing after eachshot, atm they play and cont playing till the end so if you fire 30 rounds auto the sounds play 30 rounds this can done by either stopping the sounds from playing at eachshot and making a new sound (better) or by reducing the time of the distant shot sounds meeeh. Like i said needs improvements.

Edited by Opticalsnare

All I can say is WOW! Some of the best sounds I've heard yet; and I didn't even test them all out lol! I seriously can't wait for the full ver., it will be one of the best

I found a few bugs (more like...discrepancies), however I think most of it is just down to some more tweaking, which I'm sure you're still doing. Nothing "gamebreaking" so far; but I still have a lot of "testing" to do yet :D

Thanks again for your great mods!

Yeh thats part of the effects atm, i would like to stop that from happening as its using up the channels ie 128 or whatever you set, hopfully in later updates this can be cured or someone can improved upon. As i stated before this scripting method on my sound to other soundmodders is opensource they can implement this into their own work but obv it needs refinement and hopfully by that way insted of being selfish i will allow others to experiment and improve upon it. :)

The cutoff sounds can be improved upon, i also need to find a way to errm stop sounds playing after eachshot, atm they play and cont playing till the end so if you fire 30 rounds auto the sounds play 30 rounds this can done by either stopping the sounds from playing at eachshot and making a new sound (better) or by reducing the time of the distant shot sounds meeeh. Like i said needs improvements.

Oh ok, well dont rlly know what you mean with the sounds do not stop playing after each shot.

But I guess you mean it's like this now:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11035283/distant_test_wrong.mp3

When it should be like this?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11035283/distant_test_right.mp3

Then I wanted to ask. Are the full version bringing the ability to have more than one distant sound depending of the distance?

Right now the samples sounds like theyre shots from 2-3km away (3000m). Are you gonna release the pack with 3 more distant sounds per gun/caliber?

This is what I thought it would be like:

• guy standing next to u = play the regular weaponsound
  • guy is 100m away = play distant1 (very similar to the regular weaponsound, muffled, some bass and shorter version.
  • guy is 500m away = play distant2 (more popping like, a little powerful, reverb)
  • guy is 1000m away = play distant3 (popping-like with reverb)
  • guy is 3000m away or more = play distant4 (popping-like without reverb, depending on the caliber.

Ofcourse the distantsounds MUST be disabled for all silenced weapons. :D

Edited by -=anders=-

Just curious when we can expect a new visual beta update.

I am using jsrs and am kinda happy with it. Btw we could need some serverkeys for the visual beta.

Oh ok, well dont rlly know what you mean with the sounds do not stop playing after each shot.

But I guess you mean it's like this now:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11035283/distant_test_wrong.mp3

When it should be like this?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11035283/distant_test_right.mp3

Then I wanted to ask. Are the full version bringing the ability to have more than one distant sound depending of the distance?

Right now the samples sounds like theyre shots from 2-3km away (3000m). Are you gonna release the pack with 3 more distant sounds per gun/caliber?

This is what I thought it would be like:

• guy standing next to u = play the regular weaponsound
  • guy is 100m away = play distant1 (very similar to the regular weaponsound, muffled, some bass and shorter version.
  • guy is 500m away = play distant2 (more popping like, a little powerful, reverb)
  • guy is 1000m away = play distant3 (popping-like with reverb)
  • guy is 3000m away or more = play distant4 (popping-like without reverb, depending on the caliber.

Ofcourse the distantsounds MUST be disabled for all silenced weapons. :D

Basicly if you fire your weapon it will play the distant sound file, but when you fire the next round right after it doesnt stop playing the first distant sound which is very bad atm. I can easly add more sounds depending on distance but they will all play at the same time and wont end after each shot so again they just overlap one another. Theres two major things that need to fixed in the current method

1. To stop the previous sound from playing when a new shot is fired

2. To stop the distance sounds from being played when the distance is under whatever meters.

I guess thats the biggest problem, to say the engine: Play this sound while the campoint 400 - 1000 meters away! The sounds is playing now from 0 - 2000 meters or what ever, so you have to tell the engine which sound should be played AFTER 100 meters or so to 400 and than which at 400 to 1000 and so on.

I don't know, is there even a way to let the engine play a sound AFTER an given distance?

Jarhead

I agree with both of u! Let's hope all u said is possible. Damn, this is the time to get help from BIS. :( But that would never happen I guess...

Well, BIS is a manufacturer which is very dependent of this community. Imagine that the game would not be mod-able. All this interest in the game would vanish in an instant. I do not know whether it would make sense to write such a company. Which we are certainly important, as evidenced by the Community Awards.

There are many games manufacturers, which usually exhibited close contacts to the community. Finally, we are also the potential buyer. We also improve the game for free, what with interesting mods also attracts new buyers.

Perhaps it is not at all stupid to just ask for advice or something! Or has someone already done? So, what do you think?

Jarhead

Did some work on aircraft lights

Oi1GcWiDPHQ

Just curious when we can expect a new visual beta update.

Updates from now on will proberly become alot more frequent, the R1.2 update will most likly be this month.

Edited by Opticalsnare

@ Opitcalsnare

Some of your Machine gun sounds sound no joke like a "Autococker" paintball gun.

Edited by Porter707

Did some work on aircraft lights

Oi1GcWiDPHQ

Updates from now on will proberly become alot more frequent, the R1.2 update will most likly be this month.

Holy makafackarony! :eyeheart:

Ill send you some bucks when the new War FX is out!

Your sound mod is stunning OS, absolutely love the explosion sounds, you got the mortars down to a T :)

Really enjoying the new visuals too, seem to have lost the great mushroom clouds from GBU's though, but all in all an excellent beta mate thank you.

If i would be rich i would give you 1000$

but sadly im not.... so i can only say THANK YOU!!!

and express how much joy i felt, when i tried your sm BETA, watched your video and read that R1.2 will come soon!

And Damn your MK family is by far the best one out there!

It would be such a shame if you would not give them an single .pbo !!

Best greetings

PP

Just a BIG thanks for such great MOD. It's absolutely awesome watching aircraft drop laser guided bombs with the huge and amazing effects it produces. The small mushroom clouds and particles effects when one of these bombs hits are extremely similar to what I saw on CNN during the opening campaign of the second Gulf War, or "shock and awe" as they called it... Friggin amazing work, thank you for all the effort, BRAVO!

Cheers

Jocko

I just puked as soon as I saw all the scripting work... :-/

Big huge fucking props mate.

@ BIS Sound Engine: as detailed as it might be, it has a lot a lot a lot of down sides... It is just too raw, too static. There are too many bugs as well. It needs a lot of work, I am looking at DICE's frostbite audio system, dynamic sound range. I took a look at their pressentations, it is just so much next-gen!

http://publications.dice.se/publications.asp?show_category=yes&which_category=Audio

Wow that heli video looks even more real :) Cant wait for the next version of FX to drop :bounce3:

I had a little go with the soundmod, now, as they say, if have nothing good to say say nothing at all .. so, I wont say much .. but. I like some of the explosions, and I was a bit disheartened to see one single pbo. In later revisions will you break things down into modular, much like JSRS has done. becuase I know for a fact I would like to mix your explosions with other things, but I wouldn't realy want much else at the moment.

Bloody hard not to be negative in a text based format :)

Anyway back to the happy sandwich .... cant wait for the new visuals :cool:

Well the soundmod will undergo some changes as this is still only a limited beta release. I woundnt worry to much about the actual sound of the weapons being fired atm they will be undergoing some changes in the future.

Making the mod modular is alot harder than it sounds as it uses scripts for the distance effects, im not saying it may not be implemented to some degree, but no offence its more of luxury to you than it is to me as im the one whos gotta rip it all apart and hopfully find a way to make it all work again just to make you happy. I know i might sound a bit harsh sometimes but please dont take offence this is just the way i work nowadays.

I have alot of updates planned for this month the soundmod obv will be updated from its beta to full release which includes all the other stuff. The visual effects ie R1.2 will also be updated along with the tracer mod. Although i can say that updates from now on should be more frequent than before. Anyway will keep you posted on the status of the mods in the next few weeks.

OS

Edited by Opticalsnare

OS your not being harsh, your telling it like it is.

As a modder your building this on your own freetime, so I think people should really just have the patience to wait

til you are ready to release. No one really has any right to demand anything fro you unless of course they are paying you.

I as well as many other folks truly appreciate your efforts and contributions you have made to the game and community,

I thank you for your work and time and look forward to future updates when you are ready to release them and will provide any feedback you need.

Thank you OS!

im the one whos gotta rip it all apart and hopfully find a way to make it all work again just to make you happy. I know i might sound a bit harsh sometimes but please dont take offence this is just the way i work nowadays.
I will make it even easier ... "Piss off, It wont be fully modular" ... job done :)
No one really has any right to demand anything fro you unless of course they are paying you.
Hope that wasn't directed to my post, no demands, just points made. People can do as they wish, "would be nice" .. if not, then that's what it is.

You miserable lot.

Edited by mrcash2009