Well you might as well have a offical update since its been awfuly quite round ere on whats goin on seeing as im here atm, im happy to annouce the mod is back on track. Things have recently been slow and motivation has been low, but now ive managed to get on top of things i can start hammering out the mods again.

Hopfully Next month should be interesting hint hint :P

Weeee, great news... April, April here we go!!! :yay: Don't fool us on april the 1st though. :)

I still cannot get Blastcore Light to work properly with ACE, the fire, particles and smoke just does not work right. Is this something I am doing wrong? Forgive me if this is old news, I have not been around here much lately.

If you checked the first page, it clearly says it doesn't work correctly with ACE. It wasn't made with ACE in mind.

Well it works for me.....at least I don´t see negative effects

I'm using WarFX with ACE since light beta version was released

The only thing I've noticed is that one time one of M4s (vanilla one) had muzzle flashes instead of bullet tracers flying into the distance. But this may be not ACE related at all (meaning WarFX bug)

On a side note WarFX tank gun flame appears to be less massive than the original one being not as effective looking. Any plans to change this, OS?

Edited by metalcraze

On a side note WarFX tank gun flame appears to be less massive than the original one being not as effective looking. Any plans to change this, OS?

Yup its been changed.

Anyway i am pleased to announce that the soundmod is nearing its beta testing stages. This should be ready i hope for this weekend, atm no problems currently exist apart from a few things that need finishing off. In its current stage it is stable, apart from the usual general improvements of the sounds and any other features planned in the future for it which can ofcourse be updated in later versions.

The soundmod itself as you proberly know has taken quite a battle to get ready and finished off, its been in development for over a year proberly longer and i feel it needs to get its ass out the door and start gaining some much needed testing, so everything during the past few weeks rebuilding and finishing off as much as i can it will be released. I will list all known issues with it and whats extactly included in it on release day, which will proberly be this friday.

Other things.

R1.2 Blastcore - Visual Effects - its getting confusing with all the blastcore stuff thats gonna be floating about, so il keep it something like Blastcore Visual Effects which is all the visual stuff like the particles fx and Blastcore Audio Effects yeh you know. But yeh anyway the R1.2 will be released, atm were currently on buggy version still, along with the beta test still but seeing as the beta test seemed pretty good ive slowly been updating it here and there so there be the R1.2 release sometime this month which fixes a bunch of stuff and makes improvements for muzzleflashes and general. The R1.2 will proberly be just the Lite still as it seems pretty damn stable so were go with that for now. Anyway im just blabbing on so yeah this weekend soundmod testing, see you then.

Edited by Opticalsnare

Nice one OS!

yourockjo7f.jpg

i have one question: is it in your concept to make the mod modular

which would make it much more user-friendly and would propably give you more users ( e.g. you have an favourite for M24 but really love your M107 etc..)

This would almost guarantee you No1 ;) (If the sounds are good, but i know the will!!!!)

Hey, OS, will the future updates have different kinds of explosions for different Ordnance?

Did I mention this mod rocks? :)

isladual_hit01.jpg

What are your experiences with running it on dedicated server?

i have one question: is it in your concept to make the mod modular

which would make it much more user-friendly and would propably give you more users ( e.g. you have an favourite for M24 but really love your M107 etc..)

This would almost guarantee you No1 ;) (If the sounds are good, but i know the will!!!!)

Perhaps in later versions i can do something like that, atm its currently in one big package as in the soundmod with only weapons + vehicles being sep addons, but like i said maybe in later versions something can be done.

Hey, OS, will the future updates have different kinds of explosions for different Ordnance?

Yeh it was orignally planned for more effects on differnt types of munitions. Although the mod ie visual effects are currently in the stages of becoming stable and solid till more features are implemented it. The muzzleflashes also need some work done to them, i have added the option in the next release to disable muzzleflashes for those who want to run but without the muzzleflashes.

---

Oh yea i was wondering if anyone faniced making some new tracer models? The Tracer mod is still using the vanilla models but with edited textures, i really need some new models for them anyone fancy doing some? Im not really that great with simple modelling...

Edited by Opticalsnare

Nice news Opticalsnare. In this next update its going to be more addon/mod frindly? Iv seen in some mod's/addons that when using your mod that there main guns dont show smoke or the muzzleflashes. Hexogon French mod is an good example to start out with. Most of there aircraft and main tanks dont show muzzleflashes or smoke. Keeps the goods going.

Great to hear OS!!! Cant wait to try out the new long developed soundmod! It'll sure be a blast! :D

It'll sure be a blast!

I was shell shocked when I read that pun.

Yes great news on updates, hope you get the upload done in a flash, I will be bang on it when it arrives, this mod is going to blow up. You will be droppin' bombs on the community with this sound mod, its gonna be def.

and so on ....

Nice news Opticalsnare. In this next update its going to be more addon/mod frindly? Iv seen in some mod's/addons that when using your mod that there main guns dont show smoke or the muzzleflashes. Hexogon French mod is an good example to start out with. Most of there aircraft and main tanks dont show muzzleflashes or smoke. Keeps the goods going.

I think that's an issue with those mods not being friendly with other mods. Not sure though.