I think its just the monitor refresh and response, mine is an LCD 60mhz with 5ms and does the same

Nah it's the HDR trying to adjust for the super bright muzzle flash for a split second. Just like your eyes do in real life.

Is there any way to edit the smoke grenade effects so that they rise and fall with the landscape (like, Z value equals what it would before, but in ATL rather than ASL)? As is, smoke just sort of gets absorbed by hills rather than rolling up and down them.

Well, rather than measuring it in ATL, just put an ATL floor on the Z value).

if you can see the screen flickering when you move up and down the image patern, then its the monitor

http://www.lagom.nl/lcd-test/clock_phase.php

EDIT: btw, I tested it in a CRT monitor and doesn´t do that flickering

It also happen to me in other games, like FEAR when you enter a room and theres is a light turning on/off very fast, I load the same scene but using a CRT monitor and there was no flickering

Sry for Off topic

Edited by SpetS15

Opticalsnare, i have a task for you ! :torture:

Is it possible for you to fix the horrible night vision wich is in the original game?

Also make sure you arent using any dynamic contrast/brightness options on your monitor, in combination with HDR the results may be hilariously sad. :D

Is there any way to edit the smoke grenade effects so that they rise and fall with the landscape

(like, Z value equals what it would before, but in ATL rather than ASL)? As is, smoke just sort of gets

absorbed by hills rather than rolling up and down them.

Thats more how the terrain is made or how the engine renders the smoke , something like that,

maybe OS could make it so that the smoke would act as something seperate from the terrain.

Is it possible for you to fix the horrible night vision which is in the original game?

Let him concentrate on what hes doing namely Blastcore and you could look at all the other mods already out there for this,

take your pick:

Full Night Vision Goggles with clean lens

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6123

GDT Mod NightVision

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6673

Partial Night Vision Goggles with clear lens

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6354

Partial Night Vision Goggles with dirty lens

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=6188

Nice mod but plz fix the mortar and artillery explosions. They look like a slightly larger grenade explosion.

Are you running ACE 2 as well ? That could be the problem. I was running ace 2 with blastcore and 105mm were just like grenade with slightly more smoke but the blast radius is still large. ran blastcore alone without ace and the explosions were really huge.

Nice mod but plz fix the mortar and artillery explosions. They look like a slightly larger grenade explosion.

Already been said many times before, its being changed. OS knows and has worked on it for next release.

No I wasnt running ACE 2. The explosions are slightly big but doesnt even come close to arty or mortar explosions. Nice to know its being fixed.

No I wasnt running ACE 2. The explosions are slightly big but doesnt even come close to arty or mortar explosions. Nice to know its being fixed.

If you want you can try the 227mm artillery ammo. I used it with the LDL mod and my god its insane the explosion effect and radius.

EDIT: Found a bug. When using in blastcore 1.1 in conjuction with ACE 2, amoured vehicles secondary such as the 7.62 mm cannot use the lase function to calibrate for distance any more. Primary weapon still works though.

The M1A2 TUSK CSAM has 3 weapons, 7.62, .50 and main cannon. Of these 3 only the .50 cal and main cannon can lase, the 7.62 is bugged when used with blast core. Please fix this thanks !

Ok the above problem is fixed with blastcore 1.2 beta.

Please check out my AC130 video featuring blastcore with nice big blast effects here

Edited by bearking19

Can you pleeeeeeeeese fix smoke grenades. The first half of the smoke doesnt travel with the wind. Please please please make the smoke grenade animation move with the wind. It adds both to realism and to impersion, and it also makes them useable, for example and ACE user could guess the wind diretion with shift k, whereas all users could guess win direction by looking at other smoke and particles moving with the wind.

The actual smoke moves with the wind, but only the smoke created at the end of the big 'initiation trail' which always moves in one direction, regardless of the wind. If I am being unclear someone please reply and ask what you dont understand.

also the m240 the muzzle flash is to much in the barrel.

when there will be a patch or update?

Can you pleeeeeeeeese fix smoke grenades. The first half of the smoke doesnt travel with the wind. Please please please make the smoke grenade animation move with the wind. It adds both to realism and to impersion, and it also makes them useable, for example and ACE user could guess the wind diretion with shift k, whereas all users could guess win direction by looking at other smoke and particles moving with the wind.

The actual smoke moves with the wind, but only the smoke created at the end of the big 'initiation trail' which always moves in one direction, regardless of the wind. If I am being unclear someone please reply and ask what you dont understand.

claimcryingbaby.jpg

Sorry fpr OT but this baby looks like Gazza at the world cup 1990 semifinals in Italy :D

also the m240 the muzzle flash is to much in the barrel.

when there will be a patch or update?

1. Muzzle flashes are an general issue....

2. Thats actually a good question!

but i am sure OS is doing the best he can!

@ rockapes are you taking the piss or are you with me lol:p

is the beta "higher " then 1.1 , or is 1.1 newer.

can you make various explosions for 1 bomb?

Edited by Konrad1

Hello, I have ARMA 2 CO 1,57.... and my problem with warfx is that - if I install CBA 0.6.0 with it it work ok but have only dust explosion effects no flash. When I install CBA 0.7.3 it's just crap... Smoke rises 4 times faster! I really dont want to give up on this one but I spent so much time trying to fix it=(

Get the previous version of Warfx not his latest, and use the latest version of CBA. OS is working on the mod be patient.

Hello, I have ARMA 2 CO 1,57.... and my problem with warfx is that - if I install CBA 0.6.0 with it it work ok but have only dust explosion effects no flash. When I install CBA 0.7.3 it's just crap... Smoke rises 4 times faster! I really dont want to give up on this one but I spent so much time trying to fix it=(

Sure you're running Blastcore and not the older WarFX mod? I haven't seen the fast rising smoke since Blastcore's release.