i noticed the thermal explosions look heaps different with warfx, most likely because the explosions all have different shapes and all now, is there anyway to keep all the effects of blastcore BUT get vanilla thermal explosions?

Cheers.

Is it at all possible to have the muzzle flash from the BMP2 weapon also placed on the GSH-30 that is on the MI-24P?

In real life the muzzle flash from this weapon is rather large.

OS dont change your work and dont get forced to leave out something you want just to make blastcore compatible with other mods

its YOUR mod

OS dont change your work and dont get forced to leave out something you want just to make blastcore compatible with other mods

its YOUR mod

Agree

its YOUR mod

I totally agree

Hi OS, found this video on youtube. Maybe you can add a bigger smoketrail for the MLRS missile? ;)

The actual smoketrail doesn't look badass enough. :D

Guys dont worry OS will not suddenly cave in and make this how people ask in every way. When someone starts making a mod naturally they have a dream/goal etc of what the end product will be like and thats what they stick to, what mod makers dont want it the naggin crap that goes on, Like release now or I'll die etc. Personally I dont think OS reads this thread too much cos of all the bumping and BS that goes on, and i wouldnt blame him tbh.

And at the same time there is nothing wrong with raising the awareness that a huge percentage of the community drawn to this mod, are in turn drawn to the realism of ACE. To encourage an addon maker or at least alert him to the fact that a certain compatibility is incredibly important to many gaming groups is in no way ungrateful, unreasonable, nor selfish. When it is done reasonably and politely it is certainly a more worthwhile contribution than simply suggesting that he doesn't make any changes. Those who oppose such suggestions probably dont use the incompatible mods themselves and generally have less invested in the game and the community than those who demand more, so are being irrational and selfish by suggesting that cross-compatibility should not be encouraged.

This is a strong community, but it's flaw is lack of collaboration between mod makers and teams, that is a simple truth and you guys should give OS more credit, he knows what he is doing and knows how to treat a suggestion, he doesn't need you mollycuddling him everytime someone says something that isn't purely positive support - he's English remember, he's not as explosively sensitive as you guys. Anyway, I love OS's work, always have, but to act as if constructive criticism should be avoided, well then you understand neither the community nor the basic concept of progress.

Edited by 7-75 Callaghan

@7-75 Callaghan, I totally agree, and i take back what I said about thermal explosions, they look good from afar and it's only the tank shells that dont look as good IMO, but that is my taste therefore doesnt mean i have the right to ask for it to be changed to suit me and just me, and for that I am sorry. I agree OS should not just put in random shite people just nag for but constructive critisism is always good. Maybe when he is finished with the configs he will move to fixing random BMP muzzle flashes or something like some people have asked (i personally only have a real issue with smoke grenades lol) or smoke grenade animations not facing the direction of the wind etc, then when the animation is complete, the created smoke, along with all other ingame partical effects all travel in the direction of the wind... BTW I'm not trying to nag or anything personally if there are config issues or whatever and particals or smoke dont last as long, i know that OS is working hard on it, and if it's gamebreaking (which i dont think it is) I will just have to wait.... But take a look at smoke grenades yourself, if you dont have ace you will have no way of checking wind direction other then waiting for the smoke animation to finish and watch the smoke drift into another direction. Please OS if you do read this im not asking for a new animation fo wind strength and im not asking for the animation to have a cool effect as it changes direction im just asking for it to stay the exact same but to turn on an angle (if that makes sense) to appear it is being blown with the wind. Not completely gamebreaking but can be a real hassle and fixing will increase realism. Take your time though, and good luck.

Thankyou for mod anyway and keep up the good work mate.

Cheers from the land of Aus:)

@Tom1 and @7-75 Callaghan

Not to be a forum or posting anal, but just a tip for you guys when you post Im not any better at posting then anyone else,

but dont type in all one paragraph it makes what you typed somewhat hard to read and alot to read,

alot to read = dont want to read to some people, all depends.

Break up what you type into readable paragraphs, no one really wants to read a novel if you get what Im saying.

Otherwise good points you guys made.

I recently installed this mod and one issue I have noticed is that he frag rounds on tanks look like a single puff of black smoke rendered with like one or two sprites. I'm running the steam version of combined ops with acemod and cba.

Is there a fix for this or are exploding he frag rounds just as underwhelming in real life?

Ok cool.

Just a litle more info: HE frag rounds work perfectly on the t-55 but none of the other tanks.

Anyone else tried the LB? Seems fine when I fire the miniguns but as soon as you hand over to AI the weapon goes crazy, all of the rounds seem to come out of the barrel in 4 seperate directions 45 degrees away from the expected line of fire, it was very amusing to watch actually, but a strange bug indeed.

NOTE - this was with ACE

Is the A-10 to have Shell Casings too? Iv not seen aircraft have any, would be very nice to have the nice shell casings for most.

Pretty sure the a-10 keeps its casing to prevent fod (even though its unlikely)

Awesome mod but I have a little suggestion. using the ac 130 mod by LDL i was able to get nice big white thermal explosions as seen in this video.

However with blastcore i am getting seemingly smaller thermal explosions. Like in this second video that I made.

Don't get me wrong. I love this mod but I would just like to see bigger thermal explosions with it. Everybody just wanna blow things up and watch the explosions right ?

Cheers and keep up the good work.

Edited by bearking19

what do i need to take out to get rid of the smoke grenade effects? which pbo is it located in?

I apologise if it has already been asked or I just missed it, but when an actual muzzle "flash" appears, my screen does a quick partial-blackout flicker. Is this a bug, my system or a feature?

That's the engine's HDR. I think it's a uhh... shall we say unintentional feature? I don't think it was intended but it is realistic.

Would there be a way of disabling it, or somehow make it not look like my monitor is about to crap out on me? :rolleyes: