Good and np

You might also want to look at checking the config against the muzzle and not the weapon, so that weapons with multiple muzzles work correctly.

Right ok fixed the rest of the stuff, seems to be working properly so far "crossfingers", the solution was in front of us the whole time.

Anyway ive started the epic task of editing the configs to support the new fixes which as i stated removes ALL custom ammo and magazines from the mod which should no longer conflict with other mods and enable the mod to work properly online. However this cannot be proven until tested so il release a community beta this wkend so that it can be confirmed properly. If all goes well then il release Blastcore R1.2 and R1.2 Lite...

The audiomod as i stated few pages back will also need to be changed as it also uses custom ammo & magazine classes, so all these will be removed and be edited to the new method. But at the current time il focas on the current BC release to fix all issues and make that solid first.

Cheers guys will keep you posted if anything comes up.

Cheers OS! Great job you're doing there! Can't wait for the audiomod aswell! :D Good year this is indeed!!! :)

That's fkn incredible man, nice work. Can't wait to take this mod online.

Great work OS and Fincuan. Don´t fall asleep on that coding stuff (I know its boring)

Thanks for the hard work OS and the help of Fincuan to get further progress with the problems of blastcore.

Looking forward to the beta.

Awesome guys!

Sorry for not having gotten back to help implementing the method I proposed, been very busy, but glad to see you were able to work it out!

BTW it is recommended to use Extended_FiredBIS_Eventhandlers.

See for details; http://dev-heaven.net/projects/cca/wiki/Extended_Eventhandlers#New-in-303-Extended_FiredBIS_Eventhandlers-and-support-for-addons-that-do-not-support-XEH

Edited by Sickboy

I extend my appreciation and respect to Opticalsnare for listening to feedback and, with support, working towards a more MP compatible version of his mod.

thanks also to the communitys efforts to advise and assist.

:clap:

DAMMIT WHY CAN'T I EMBED VIDEOS?

I'll just leave this here...

[YOUTUBE]<object width="960" height="745"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I63wpzHBpYE?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0&color1 =0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I63wpzHBpYE?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0&color1 =0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="960" height="745"></embed></object>[YOUTUBE]

Edited by JuggernautOfWar

DAMMIT WHY CAN'T I EMBED VIDEOS?

I'll just leave this here...

<object width="960" height="745"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I63wpzHBpYE?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I63wpzHBpYE?fs=1&hl=en_US&rel=0&color1=0x2b405b&color2=0x6b8ab6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="960" height="745"></embed></object>[YOUTUBE]

You dont embed the youtube embed code (Since i dont think this forum takes HTML), you just take the youtube link (Like http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1HbX8w0Djw), and use the last part of the link in the embed tags. So in this case N1HbX8w0Djw, which gives you

[YOUTUBE]N1HbX8w0Djw

)

Yeh those effects are possible, however the increased amount of sparks/particles being created puts enormous pressure on the actual amount of particles allowed to be emitted at any given time. This causes the cutoff of older particles to occur more frequently and can be very unsuitable and generally look bad. The other way is to make the sparks or actual effects by a animation sprite to be used and made via third-party software, but again this has its own side effects. The bigger the size of the animation spirte being used the bigger the displacement of the image, this can be noticed on the GAU12 sparks, if you look at the impacts at a slight angle you can notice a slight displacement from its intended location. Theres nothing i can do about this unfortunately, and this kind of method is only used on small effects to min the displacment.

Anyway made some good progress today, no problems to report so far..

Were still good to go for a beta release this friday :)

Edited by Opticalsnare

Awesome news OS and thanks for the description. Is there any way to increase the amount of particles or lights being rendered at a time via engine tweaking or otherwise? Regardless I do strongly recommend having less smoke and more sparks behind rockets such as the Hydra. They create almost no smoke in real life but they spark like a mother******.

I think that's hardcoded by BIS and without access to the source code, unchangeable. It's probably there for a reason but without being able to change it, we can't see what detrimental effects increasing the particle count would have. I would guess that frame rate could dip significantly with too many particle sources alive at any given moment. OS posted some thoughts about this in the WarFX 1.4 thread some time ago. Search the forums to check it out. :)

OS, I've noticed that when using an M2 tripod (for instance), the player can freelook while firing and your custom muzzleflash will drift out of proportion away from the muzzle. It's not a big deal, and something common to a lot of BIS 'floating things' like this http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/BIS_fnc_3Dcredits

Just thought I'd chime in on the topic. As I say, not really a massive problem, just an anomaly. Let me know if you need me to upload a demo vid to youtube.

Thank you for this great addon! Good luck with the next update :D

Really must have addon, thanks again Opticalsnare, looking forward to next update! :bounce3:

Hey OS, question for you about Blastcore,

How do I disable the loading screen at the start of the game?

not that i dont like it but I'm trying to run a loading screen that gets overridden by blastcore loading screen.

Im not sure tbh, maybe mod order?

Ive also fixed the RPT reports from the loading screens as someone reported is well.

Sorry didnt release anything this friday as i stated prev, i still have a few things to finish off, i finished work late and didnt have time to finish off the mod bla bla its friday i got drunk bla bla anyway No problems to report in the actual new method which is good, i just need some more time in putting in the new config thingys for the weapons.

The community test version which i hope to get ready for testing later tonight ie saturday will be the "Lite" version which has reduced smoke and dust effects etc etc.

Ive also done some work on the main effects obv like smoke grenades and the TOW smoke as someone stated bla bla

Some of the muzzleflashes and effects might be a bit wonky tonky still but the main things to look out for is conflicts with other mods. As this release will be focasedon solving the issues with mulitplayer issues where the gert bloody AI dont die when used with ACE and servers and crap ya know

Sorry been drinking so gonna sleep and finsih off whatever and release etc.

OP

Opticalsnare you are worth some drinking but remember before putting your hands on Blastcore to drink a lot of coffee :)