Heres a little teaser from the soundmod showcasing the A10 taking off and flying about a bit. It uses about 12 differnt sounds ranging from front and rear of the turbines, distance, speed and power etc. Im gonna do a proper HD video sometime but this should do for now. Anyway what you think, the textures are also blastcore but may not be released as they use modded .p3d files.

wI2njRD4euk

Edited by Opticalsnare

I just got back to these forums after a long leave of absence and oh my god, you've made a helluvalot of progress!

Wow OS that A-10 sounds just... fantastic! I'm in the United States Marine Corps training to become a pilot so I've heard a few on the tarmac and overhead, you nailed it my friend. A lot of games and movies portray the A-10 as having a normal sounding jet aircraft engine, but it's turbofan engines do create a truly unique sound no other aircraft can claim.

On an unrelated note; is 1.1 compatible with ACE2? Thank you for all your hard work OS.

Heres a little teaser from the soundmod showcasing the A10 taking off and flying about a bit. It uses about 12 differnt sounds ranging from front and rear of the turbines, distance, speed and power etc. Im gonna do a proper HD video sometime but this should do for now. Anyway what you think, the textures are also blastcore but may not be released as they use modded .p3d files.

wI2njRD4euk

I think... you should release that right now!!!!

Incidentally, is there such a mod or possibility for one that adds screeches when the rubber hits the tarmac during a landing?

Puff of smoke and skidding sound. Seems a detail needed for planes.

Anyway yeah, A10 sounds excellent OS.

That is excellent Opticalsnare! Looking forward to it. :)

Hi, blastcore is absolutely fantastic, but I have a request, I use Arrowhead on Steam and I ArmA 2 on DVD. Is it possible to somehow change the initial utes.pbo animation? I was transferred to Arrowhead utes.pbo, appears to me only island without buildings, but I'd like to use one of Arrowhead takistan introductory animation. Sorry for my English. Thanks for any help.

Hi, blastcore is absolutely fantastic, but I have a request, I use Arrowhead on Steam and I ArmA 2 on DVD. Is it possible to somehow change the initial utes.pbo animation? I was transferred to Arrowhead utes.pbo, appears to me only island without buildings, but I'd like to use one of Arrowhead takistan introductory animation. Sorry for my English. Thanks for any help.

How is that Blastcore -related?

How is that Blastcore -related?

Blastcore insert own animation to the initial menu screen in arma. If you own only Arrowhead on Steam, the animation is not connected to the opening menu and found the error information that utes.pbo missing.

The problem is i need those custom ammo and magazines classes for some visual effects, these can maybe be somewhat bent to allow for public multiplayer, but in terms of future support for other mods im currently working on for example the audio mod which also uses heavy custom ammo classes and magazines for its distant effects is gonna be even more harder to make work properly. If you think Blastcore Visuals is causing problems, then i shit you not the rest of the mods are gonna be a fucking painful introduction to the scene. And i will be rather honest that i do not have the time nor the motivation to completely make this mod work in all areas. I would serously like to honestly i would, but im just one man working on what seems sometimes to be a massive project in a limited time i now have. Im sure that those who do work in a fulltime demanding job will understand.

Hey OS, i've provided you with some pointers as to how to accomplish the same (different effects for ammo on different vehicles), while not defining new classes :)

I've also linked to it in a later post, perhaps you have missed it?

I can certainly understand your stance, especially re the amount of work involved and limited time, therefore I would like to offer my help;

If you are interested I can look at cooking up the solution for you.

Lastly I would like to repeat that the problem should not be limited to ACE, but simply is because of the new classes; everyone on the same server is required to use your mod, those who don't have it installed will suffer the problems :)

:eek: wonderful sounds Optical, thanks for sharing the video. Really looking forward to the sound pack, your a real artist mate. :)

On an unrelated note; is 1.1 compatible with ACE2? Thank you for all your hard work OS.

Can we stay away from the ACE2 compatibility questions, if only for OS's sanity? He's discussed this already.

Huh? And this is the proper place to ask that question because.....

Huh? And this is the proper place to ask that question because.....

It's because Blastcore made the initial intro anim to UTES map by default... so those that only have OA will got the error that utes.pbo is not found

Hey OS, i've provided you with some pointers as to how to accomplish the same (different effects for ammo on different vehicles), while not defining new classes :)

I've also linked to it in a later post, perhaps you have missed it?

I can certainly understand your stance, especially re the amount of work involved and limited time, therefore I would like to offer my help;

If you are interested I can look at cooking up the solution for you.

Lastly I would like to repeat that the problem should not be limited to ACE, but simply is because of the new classes; everyone on the same server is required to use your mod, those who don't have it installed will suffer the problems :)

Theres also a problem that its not just vehicle weapons that need fixing, some handheld weapons also require differnt ammo classes as some of the weapon effects are not placed correctly in relation with the actual weapon itself. This will also affect the audio mod as it also uses custom ammo and magazines classes to define the differnce bewteen a m16 and a m249.

However if we do manage to find a working solution for the current effects then the audio mod should also follow suit as its designed in a similar way to that of whats currently inplace.

If we could call the scripts via from the cfgweapons when fired and not the cfgammo class then it would solve alot of the issues, as it obv means that the ammo & magazine classes will no longer be needed and can be removed completly, but tbh i just dont know how to do that, sometimes i just think ive taken far too much work on for one man. So yea if you wanna give it a shot and try a few things out then by all means have a go, i could really use the help in finding a working solution. :)

Edited by Opticalsnare

WarFX and JTD FAS. Seems to be working fine together. What issues do you have Sig?

I tested it out with SLX and the 203 bombs dont hit their target, they go over the target.

I'm wondering if Opticalsnare tested this mod with the most common mods with what people use?

I tested it out with SLX and the 203 bombs dont hit their target, they go over the target.

I'm wondering if Opticalsnare tested this mod with the most common mods with what people use?

And what version of BC do you have?

R1.1. As soon as the mod came out I downloaded it and tested it out. I thought it was TOP, but the 203 bombs not hitting the target was annoying.

It must be a conflict with SLX as the only SFX mods I'm running at fire&smoke and SLX.

R1.1. As soon as the mod came out I downloaded it and tested it out. I thought it was TOP, but the 203 bombs not hitting the target was annoying.

It must be a conflict with SLX as the only SFX mods I'm running at fire&smoke and SLX.

Well what you described was fixed in 1.1 and seeing as BC does not change the grenade settings apart from their impact effects and the muzzle effect, then how can BC be the cause when there are no settings there to change or be fixed? :j:

My friend and I also have the overshooting 203 problem; which happens to occur without blastcore on for us as well. We do not use SLX.

It seems to occur as of the latest A2/OA patch.

It works now. My version of OA is 1.5472888.

Any ETA on godmode AI bug ?

Yup. Same as all the other ETAs he's given in this thread....

When it's done.

---------- Post added at 04:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:32 PM ----------

You need to update your version to 1.57 latest!

No doubt. What are you doing! ;)