Download Notepad++

Open up the tracers PBO

use Netpad++ replace-searching, look for : "tracerScale = 1;"

replace with "tracerScale = 0.75;"

Worked fine for me, tracers are now smaller but still there. Pretty cool.

I get LOD issues when using this mod; textures flash between high and low lod when I'm looking at them. I've tested and it only happens in OA when using certain versions of this mod. I've tried it with both blastcore and warfx 1.4. Warfx 1.4 works fine for me with regular Arma though. Any idea what could be causing it?

Specs:

Intel i7 980, 3.6ghz

Ati Radeon 5970, 2gb

12gb ddr3 ram

300gb hd, 10k rpm

Nevermind, setting video memory to default rather than very high solved the problem.

Edited by george176

Download Notepad++

Open up the tracers PBO

use Netpad++ replace-searching, look for : "tracerScale = 1;"

replace with "tracerScale = 0.75;"

Worked fine for me, tracers are now smaller but still there. Pretty cool.

I dont know wich tracer file to open. There are alot of them as well as the WFX tracer pbo. What one is it to be opened for the infantry weapons?

I dont know wich tracer file to open. There are alot of them as well as the WFX tracer pbo. What one is it to be opened for the infantry weapons?

You have to unpack the TracersWar.pbo. Within that is a file called config.cpp which can be edited to change values.

IMO if you're using Blastcore and finding it incompatible with other mods such as ACE,contact the other mods creator and let them know THEIR mod isn't compatible with Blastcore.

Pretty sure Opticalsnare and Sickboy can arrange whatever they like privately, they're both aware of the issues.

Pretty sure Opticalsnare and Sickboy can arrange whatever they like privately, they're both aware of the issues.

Are you suggesting blind and uninformed fanboiism isn't helping here???

But it's been so useful in the past!

You're completely right, I take it all back! :p

I'm waiting on a fix too, but I feel sorry for Opticalsnare's threads - they don't half take a battering.

I guess that some people are not aware that this problem does not only affect other mods like ACE

but also vanilla OA MP as simply some new magazines/ammo (new classes) are created by Blastcore

which do not exist on the server and other clients who don't use it.

Other than that he wrote the same sentence in the Zeus AI Combat Skills thread.

Now give Opticalsnare some time, I'm pretty sure he can solve it and everybody is happy again :)

Xeno

When you die from that their aint no coming back, they prob wont find your body.

Question for Blastcore, maybe it was mentioned before, I swear I see in it in the thread somewhere,

but whats the word on the spinning flame when you blow up a vehicle or tank?

@Uziyahu ACE does something like that. Sometimes if you blow up a Tank the ammunition goes off and the turret goes of in the air

to save performance, make the sparks igniting from bursting tanks or shells sprite based, not particle based.

You have to unpack the TracersWar.pbo. Within that is a file called config.cpp which can be edited to change values.

Thank ya.

to save performance, make the sparks igniting from bursting tanks or shells sprite based, not particle based.

Yeh i did that on the A10 GAU-8 impact effects as they were too demanding. The sideeffects are that the bigger the size of the sprite the bigger the dis-postion to the camera.

For all who are having trouble using WarFX: Blastcore with TGW Vehicle Fixes I have created a signed .pbo addon to get the two to work together.

Enjoy.

Download: MultiUpload.

P.S. if there are conflicts other than those with the LAV25 let me know by PM and I'll see what I can do about resolving them quickly.

Edited by BigMorgan

I guess that some people are not aware that this problem does not only affect other mods like ACE

but also vanilla OA MP as simply some new magazines/ammo (new classes) are created by Blastcore

which do not exist on the server and other clients who don't use it.

Other than that he wrote the same sentence in the Zeus AI Combat Skills thread.

Now give Opticalsnare some time, I'm pretty sure he can solve it and everybody is happy again :)

Xeno

The problem is i need those custom ammo and magazines classes for some visual effects, these can maybe be somewhat bent to allow for public multiplayer, but in terms of future support for other mods im currently working on for example the audio mod which also uses heavy custom ammo classes and magazines for its distant effects is gonna be even more harder to make work properly. If you think Blastcore Visuals is causing problems, then i shit you not the rest of the mods are gonna be a fucking painful introduction to the scene. And i will be rather honest that i do not have the time nor the motivation to completely make this mod work in all areas. I would serously like to honestly i would, but im just one man working on what seems sometimes to be a massive project in a limited time i now have. Im sure that those who do work in a fulltime demanding job will understand.

As for other news from me, theres gonna be another update which as i stated before should fix the issues bewteen this mod and ACE.

Also ive been getting alot of pressure from people to make a proper vid-demo of the audio mod currently in dev to showcase what extactly the difference is bewteen current soundmods and what i have to offer, as ive been very quiet about it and those who know me and my past history in sound modding wanna know what ive been up to for sounds & audio design, so il try and put something together as its almost ready for release anyhow.

BTW thanks bigmorg for providing a temp fix.

OP

Edited by Opticalsnare

Im sure that those who do work in a fulltime demanding job will understand.

I sure understand... Im in the same situation... A fulltime-job, studying a 50% course and a girl who I love wants to be with me the rest of the time.

Working on a soundmod now, just for fun. But it sure takes some time from everything else. :)

Cant wait for the distant sound-system OP!!! :bounce3:

Opticalsnare, any chance of updating it so it works with fire&smoke and SLX?

first, good job with the mod, I really like the explotions effects.

one question though, can I somehow disable the muzzle flash effect on handled guns that you added? don't take it personally, I don't like that effect cause it's not real... I used some guns in my life, and except for smoke, I never saw any muzzle flash coming out...

Opticalsnare, any chance of updating it so it works with fire&smoke and SLX?

This doesn't work with JTD FAS? Does he know what is meant by "so it works with..."? What exactly isn't working about these other 2 mods? Is SLX even up to OA standards? I failed to release it has been updated recently.

OS,

Thanks for taking the time to provide an ACE2 fix. I didn't want to even ask about it outta respect for you but I'm happy to hear you checked into it. Thanks for all the time you've spent on this!

Amazing mod! It makes arma 2 effects look 10 times better. Thank You!

I also use JTD FAS... no problems here.

Really amazing effects Opticalsnare, I'm still in awe when I play.