Combining warfx with ace2, I found one funny thing. T55, T90 have cannon smoke, falsh, dustwave effects, all of them. But, the rest mbts, m1,t72 have no dustwave effect when firing. It seems the problem of ace2, can this be updated???

The amount of effort that must have gone in to this must be immense...like the results:

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdjvYGLkPv4&hl=en_GB&feature=player_embedded&version=3"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SdjvYGLkPv4&hl=en_GB&feature=player_embedded&version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Hope you don't mind a bit of constructive feedback:

Fire is especially improved on burning vehicles, though fuel fires should be much more orange/red than yellow and smoke is light grey very close to the vehicle quickly turning grey/dark grey to black and 'dirty' then grey again as you reach the edges - pity we can't post pictures on this forum as I have a couple of perfect examples.

Muzzle flash for small arms is a bit overcooked - even pre-dating the vortex flash hiders they are way too obvious especially in daylight. You only rarely see a orange red blast about 15cm from the muzzle, it is particularly bad on the M249/Minimi.

Smoke from Hellfire, Tow has already been picked up.

Finally AT4 - is the light the tracer as it has no rocket motor? If tracer can you tone it down to just like that on a .50 tracer round.

I realise many want the effects turned right up, but you're so close on so many aspects a few tweaks will really make it excellent.

PM me if you want a look at the photo's, they might be helpful.

NM, have a look at David Leeson's images, there's also a video of MLRS launches.

Protegimus

I, among others, are experiencing a bug where enemies do not die no matter how many rounds I pump into them. Blood splatters and blood trails are on the ground, but the enemies do not die whatsoever.

That's pretty weird. I've been using it on the Casual ArmA Players Server and haven't experienced it yet (thankfully!). Just using 1.57 (and latest beta), CBA, Mando, Jarheads sound mod, and the new WarFX stuff basically. So far nothing, but I admit....hoping not to either way, heh.

i have experienced same kind of AI godmod problem. without server.

i played a bit with VTS , on my gaming machine, and dead corpse were still making pain noise when i shoot at them.

Are you sure that's WarFX's problem? In a week since it came out I've yet to experience something like that.

OP, I'm wondering why there is that ugly white dot splatter on Blufor weapons when you shoot(Part of the new muzzle flash I assume) but it's not on Opfor weapons...?

It looks very nice without the weird white dots, but I really only play as Blufor and it's very noticeable, any chance you could remove the white dots?

i have experienced same kind of AI godmod problem. without server.

i played a bit with VTS , on my gaming machine, and dead corpse were still making pain noise when i shoot at them.

Are you sure that's caused by Blastcore? What other mods are you running?

you know for OpSnare's sake, we may want to list the 'other' mods you run while using blastcore from now on, when you report what may be a bug. It may help narrow down conflicts.

Damn right! Also if you think you got a bug, test it with vanilla A2OA and only Blastcore. And CBA of course.

hey OS, a little question/suggestion.

Is it possible to have smoke being emitted when you run?

Example: you run on sandy surface--> smoke is being emitted from the shoes.

You're running on a road--> nothing is emitted.

Excuse my english but I hope you got the idea.

no way, where in the world you see ppl emiting smoke when they walk/run in sandy surface? o.O last time on the beach I checked that and I dindt saw any smoke... and the sand was realy hot...

no way, where in the world you see ppl emiting smoke when they walk/run in sandy surface? o.O last time on the beach I checked that and I dindt saw any smoke... and the sand was realy hot...

That's... uhh... for the new... uhh... lava maps :D

I'm getting a weird issue with the "Hit" eventhandler while running WarFX, the ammoType of vehicle weapons returned is coming back differently. It's breaking a couple of my missions and a handful of the BIS ones aswell.

[b]Examples of arrays passed through "Hit":[/b]
using M1A1 gunner seat machinegun

Without WarFX:
[21815a00# 438911: terc_postava.p3d,"",196.121,B 1-1-A:1,"B_762x51_Ball"]
With WarFX:
[2d19c300# 438911: terc_postava.p3d,"",196.141,B 1-1-A:1,"B_762x51_M240_Ball_Veh"]

Got home this morning around 1:00am, was stuck on the east coast for the holidays. Slept for a couple of hours and had to go to work. Been a downloading fool since I got home. :cool: Looking forward to trying this out, looks fantastic.

Is it me or do smoke grenades barely obscure anything? Smoke is too transparent.

Its only when you walk into it, then the smoke seems to dissapear

Hmm I think I've noticed that green and red smoke appear to be somewhat transparent from the distance while the white smoke doesn't.

Are you sure that's caused by Blastcore? What other mods are you running?

@islands @vopsound23 @cba @propervegetation (for arma2 vanilla tree and bush)

edit: i think the pain sound could be vopsound component. so this might be not a bug .

Edited by gL33k

Helicopter downwash is too much imho, as it does not differentiate between different maps, so i have a lifting off Huey on lingor, whose blown away sand covers the whole airstrip.

yep but i think OS is making variations in the ligting effects for different environments so it will add change to the colouration of the dust, and I'm sure it wont appear as pale a colour on his woody lighting mod folder when it is complete, so it will blend in more.

It just is not realistic that my heli turns on and i have 10 meter high dust clouds in a radius of 500 meter

Has anyone not used the lighting folder on a woody type map?

Does it take away the lighter colours from dust and smoke etc when not used?

Has anyone not used the lighting folder on a woody type map?

Does it take away the lighter colours from dust and smoke etc when not used?

The lighting folder simply changes the lighting in zargabad & takistan to that of the desert map.

Heres what it changes

lightingo.jpg

Also please stop all the this and that isnt realistic enough crap its doing my head in tbh. The mod has more important issues that need to be resolved before i will be working on the effects more and even then i doubt there be realistic enough for you.

Oh yeh and look at this video Mr. Charles. Skip to about 2mins

The mod atm is designed for OA which has dry arid environments, as someone already pointed out future plans will have differnt effects for differnt environments.

Anyway

Thanks to those who are helping me fix the mod and make it more stable. I plan to resume work next year and hopfully will have a good update somewhere alround end of Jan which should fix most of the issues currently being reported. There is a Lite version planned which i have been testing out recently which has been put on the back burner till the main core gets its needed dose of fixes then i can resume work on that and release that along side the heavy when its ready to be released too. It works pretty good, it basicly reduces the amount time smoke hangs about by 50% and reduces some of the particle emitters by 25% it proberly be best for multiplayer and larger engagements. And of course there will be more effects for differnt weapon systems like CBU's and Tomahawks etc, but the mod needs to be fixed before proceeding.

Anyway thats all i really gotta say hope you all had a good christmas, have a good nite and happy new year.

OP