Will be updating tonight to fix the m203 and some other stuff.

Check water splashes;)

Cool, that can be fixed.

Edited by Opticalsnare

This looks great! I love the more realistic looking tracers, and I'll need a better system to play the other effects properly.

Btw, I noticed that the YakB-12.7 gun on the Mi-24V still fires the stock tracers.

Hey there OS

First of all, thanks alot for releasing this first version of your upcoming Blastcore!

You really did a great job! I especially like the Mk 19 impacts but overall it is very stunning and gave me alot of :eek: !!!WoooooW!! moments yesterday! ;)

OK but i also wanna try to help you to improve your mod so here are some bugs ( or whatever you wanna call it)

-the muzzle flashes appear next to the gun while walking sideways

-I dont know yet if it has sth to do with Blastcore but since i used this mod there is some trouble with the grenade launchers, the shoot too high in the air, so the sights are useless (especially with the M32)

- the shockwaves seem a little bit too yellow

But once again you did a very good job and you've got my respect!

No problem mate.

WarFX is such a great addon for arma. Take all the time you need for the fixes and please enjoy christmas :D

-the muzzle flashes appear next to the gun while walking sideways

a nasty side effect of particle generated muzzleflashes but nothing you can really do about it.

a nasty side effect of particle generated muzzleflashes but nothing you can really do about it.

ok

but thats not too bad, its still looking cool anyways

Yeh also affects the vehicles when moving is well. Also some effects like the GAU8 spark hits which was put it too reduce the particle effect cutoff by using a animation insted of the sparks creation, can sorta move slightly when viewing from a differnt angle, this is because the particle type "billboard" is a simple 2d image which always faces the camera so when you change the angle it changes the postion of the image slightly, there is nothing i can do about this, this is most noticable on the larger you make the particle animations which ive kept to a min. Without the animation the GAU8 hits will cutoff the particles in a matter of seconds if creating each spark etc.

Eta on update 1hr

yeah but who cares its usermade and free! and still looking quite cool

and not done yet

also looking forward to your part of the Paladin

greets

when i shoot whit the bmp2 there is a lot of smoke fo the cannon and i cannot see the target !

god job opricalsnare i like a lot you mod :)

I love the super mod gau8 and with these explosions are really the bomb, could you add the effects of heat coming out of turbine aircraft and the helicopters:D:D

and what I forgot:

the smoke effects for vehicles just pop out at full Volume

i dont know the correct word for those smoke grenade launcher which are mounted on vehicels... (german guy here ;))

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

I love the super mod gau8 and with these explosions are really the bomb, could you add the effects of heat coming out of turbine aircraft and the helicopters:D:D

uhhh i think this would be complicated to impossible...

but it would look nice

Updated first page to release 1.1, fixed m203 and some other stuff has been sorted. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

I also noticed that if you use this mod when another mod is present in which that mod changes the damage settings on weapons or ammo, it can increase the intensity of the amount of particles are created resulting in a more frequent particle cutoff. This is proberly why some of you are experiencing more particles being cutoff.

I do not use ACE or GL4 so i cannot guarantee that this mod will work properly with those modifications. I will take alook in future if i can make it more compatible.

Edited by Opticalsnare

So if I use ACE I reach the particle limit faster? Well this would explain a lot

So if I use ACE I reach the particle limit faster? Well this would explain a lot

Well its very strange because when i added support to the AC130 addon they both use the 105mm weapon system, obv the AC130 ammo class is differnt somewhat i havnt taken a more deeper look yet, but when i assigned the same particle effect for that explosion as the default 105mm in OA / blastcore i assumed it would be the same but it wasnt the AC130 105mm explosion was like 4x of what the blastcore explosion is so everything got increased like particles wise which ended up cutting off my particles in something like 6 rounds :/ so if that happens with other mods then that would explain why sometimes i think wth how come that video someone posted has more particles in it than i designed it to create.

Btw thanks foxhound for updating, i also updated the logo's on the first page, so they dont use the same color as on the forums. :)

Edited by Opticalsnare

Thank you for the update OS. Merry Christmas mate, time for some beers and some rest buddy.

Perfect, thank you Opticalsnare and Merry Christmas. :cheers:

excellent job opticalsnare, really enjoy using blastcore thanks for making this mate

Hey optical, I am using BD tracer lights and pistolfied tracers.

Somehow - your tracers seem to disable those. What exactly does your tracer mod do? Just replace tracer MODELS? Or change any other values?

Thanks in advance!