I imagine FPS will be better as most effects are now perframe handled, like most stuff is going in Arma 2 at the moment. I notice a tiny FPS hit, but the visual fidelity you gain is well worth it!

Just tried. Love the lighting of guns being fired, the tracers are actually compatible with BD Tracer lights - which makes them much better. :)

Explosion effects look top notch, excellent work.

However I really wish this thing were a bit more modular. I don't like the dusty haze or the muzzle flashes and would prefer to disable them if possible. Hopefully the next release can be broken down into a few more PBOs.

I've been making some quick insertion + F.O. missions lately (can't imagine why :rolleyes: ) Absolutely awesome and satisfying! Love the weapon flashes -- and the case ejection on the vehicles!?!? I crawled into a bush hiding from a BTR-90 as he was trying to gun down my approaching ride out of the arty wasteland, that I had created minutes before... Amazingly real case ejection and aggressive muzzle flashes! Scared to hell that monster would point his bang stick my way. I think the awesomesauce of this mod is based on the 'popping' of the detonation flash, looks far more violent (and damn scary). Well done, lovin' it! :yay:

Edit - One noncritical request if you have time: More clods of dirt getting thrown up by the big booms. Not an effect killer at all, but would BE killer if put in! Thanks!

Edited by Scrub

I put it already in the video thread, but.. well, this is my video.

Also I use "setacctime 0.5" to slow it a little bit

ZWybURBgWAI

Opticalsnare, amazing work! But maybe you could add flames coming out of the exhaust of the turret of the Tunguska? There's flame coming out of it, from a recent video I just watched.

---------- Post added at 02:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:22 PM ----------

Also, which sound mod goes better with WarFX? JSRS or Chammy?

@opticalsnare

I'm very satisfied with the effect of bullet impact or vehicle cannon impact. Thanks for you dedicated work. But the artillery HE shells impact needs improve, cause they are supposed to shovel high altitude dust and rubbles.

Also, which sound mod goes better with WarFX? JSRS or Chammy?

Both. I use CSM2 for movement sound and gear sounds (in JSRS walking on rocks sounds like you walk on a grass and there is no sound when you crawl through bushes) and JSRS for everything else. Mix them for the perfect experience.

Very nice looking stuff

I've got to comment though, trying some community made addons, the alpha channels for their built in muzzle flashes seems to obscure the view of the blastcore flash; given this, alongside the issues with distance from barrel and the like, will there be any option in the future to disable certain elements of the effects?

I know ive reported it a few pages back but i fear its been missed, so ill just repeat.

Using blastcore on a MP coop, I was having trouble actually killing the enemy.

I had an enemy crawler which i was i was right up in his face, less than 10m away from him, There was a huge trail of blood from where i pumped him full of lead from my L110A1. He wouldnt die at all.

The mods that i had running were/are :- CBA, ACE, ACEX, ACEX_SM, ACEX_PLA, ACEX_USNAVY, ACEX_RU and a clan collection which mainly consists of islands, but has things like DAC and RKSL Typhoon. I havent tried Blastcore on its own yet, but i will do as soon as i get the chance to do so.

From the little mission i created where i can 'perv' on the battlefield, Blastcore does look awesome.

Fantastic dust and flame effects once gain OS. However, in addition to the HE grenade arc being bugged it seems that when the M203 or the GP-25 is fired at night, one of the default ArmA 2 muzzle flares appears; as if the weapon had fired a single shot. Apart from these little bugs its a great effects pack.

Custard

First thanks for this great Mod and second have a look on my rpt.

I play only with your Mod.

Version 1.57.76815

Item str_disp_server_control listed twice

Cannot evaluate 'ReadAndWrite' - no file

Conflicting addon WarFXPE in 'warfxpe\loading\', previous definition in 'warfxpe\'

Updating base class Plane->F35_base, by ca\air_e\config.bin/CfgVehicles/F35B/

Warning: no type entry inside class RscDisplayStart/controls/Text

Warning: no type entry inside class RscDisplayStart/controls/Progress

Warning: no type entry inside class RscDisplayStart/controls/Progress2

Warning: no type entry inside class LoadingOne/controls/TextLoad

Warning: no type entry inside class LoadingOne/controls/Progress

Warning: no type entry inside class LoadingOne/controls/Progress2

Hello all,

First congrats to OS for this amazing mod we've all waited for so long !

Now I would to share some stuff I noticed to improve to whole experience :

I had severe performance hit I couldn't explain when I first start blastcore. I became familiar with OS code as I have sneaked around his work a lot lately.

By editing the first config.bin (the one that init the scripts), I disabled the PreloadTextures and initWorld.

That allowed me to radically improve my FPS without any side effects and return to normal state. I ask myself for the need of such lines that bring (at least on my computer) nothing to the mod.

I personally prefer blastcore without muzzle flash, I wonder if OS would provide a modular version. In the meantime, I found a way to remove the effects but it would be nice to have the choice.

Thanks you again OS for this awesome set of special FX.

I put it already in the video thread, but.. well, this is my video.

Also I use "setacctime 0.5" to slow it a little bit

I always supposed that FGM-148 will blow a MBT into dust!

@OS Did you consider writing a PN to one of the Devs and ask if they could make a little addon that raises the particle limit? I bet they can do that.

In the game in my opinion a bit bust with the size of fire (Mi-8 as the cistern explodes with napalm), while the tank explodes like a box of last year's Chinese firecrackers. But everything is beautiful and these shortcomings will correct patches.

Epic work OS this has been a long journey! :yay:

I love the new muzzle flashes and smoke effects.

Top notch Mod a must for all arma 2 players BIS should just put this in a patch! :D

Agreed - all the good stuff like proper tracers, tracer lights and proper FX should be put into a patch if they match reality. Some of WarFX do not so just pick the ones that look good etc.

But BIS has other stuff to do, busy people. :-/

Just in time for christmas.

Will this work decently with standalone ArmA 2 and when will there be serverkeys?

And oh wow. Most explosions are beautiful, but there are a few bugs.

Edited by Flubadoo

Btw, the Cobra's M197 cannon fires non-explosive shells (the problem last since WarFX 1.4)

Potential huge bug OpticalSnare, I cannot kill enemies when running blastcore, bullets seem to just go through them and registers 0 nothing, not even blood splatter. Any ideas/reports of this?

Server is running ACE and GL4 (serverside), GL4 is not present on our clients to rule out any conflict there.