I would have got OA in the past but after playing the demo when it came out it really didn't do anything for me,

then reading all the problems people were having I was like forget it, already enough content in Arma2 to play with.

Now that alot of fixes, and cool addons, mods are coming out especially islands, and now Blastcore I think i might consider it,

this is pretty much the same thing i did when Arma 1 came out I waited a couple months as I was to used to OFP, of course one

really cant compare OFP to whats out now, even though I still play it :rolleyes:

But money is really tight for me atm, I just got back to work about a month ago, and a half ago after being laid off from a

10 year Carpentry job and then unemployed for almost 2 years which put me into the money hole :(

Thats when I built WarMod, and A2WarMod, maybe I will get OA when I can and build WarMod for OA and Ask OS if I can include Blastcore in it.:D

Well i guess you guys didn't really need to read a short novel of my past life :j: but I will look into getting OA when I can.

Thanks again OS for all your hard work.

At last, it's out! Brilliant!

I got a bit worried when the previous thread got closed but I must admit I did wonder whether there would be a release for Christmas, and there is!

Hats off to you OS, great job and a great Christmas present to the community.

Brilliant mod opticalsnare, been waiting for this for a good while and its been worth it.

HD video of the mod can be seen below

xrjV98jw1R8

One question I have OpticalSnare, if you watch the video through to 42 seconds, you will see all of the smoke effects disappear when the chopper crashes, this bug has been around since WarFX, any idea what causes it?

Its been a problem for me ever since i started making the mod, its a engine limitation that occurs when theres too many particles being generated and it removes the oldest particles before creating new ones. Pain in the ass tbh, the mod is better played on smaller scale missions rather than all out war. I will try and create less particles but its tough finding the right balance between visual and stability. :(

Wow! People can stop the spamming!!! ;)

Thanks OS, epic stuff here!

I appreciate all the time you put into this. Merry Xmas bud!

Edited by Manzilla

I actually have to cease everything that I was doing to try this out for the next several hours. Very nice. To Arma ahahahaha

I actually have to cease everything that I was doing to try this out for the next several hours. Very nice. To Arma ahahahaha

Amen my friend!

Confirmed....

Everything dropped.....

:yay:

Is it the 25th ALREADY ?

OS = SANTA !

Cheers mate. Appreciate all the work that went into it !

Kremator

Man that is one nice xmas present! Nice hat you got there OS, thanks and congrats on the release!

Wow some very nice work. Gots an question, does this have the secondary explosions? Im not getting any secondary explosions.

I've managed to fix the missing sunflare. OS, it appears that you forgot to remove 'haloobject' references to your custom flare p3d and paa from WarFXPE config.bin

The aircraft fires seem awfully large, but I guess that's the avgas spilling all over. I'm also getting globes whenever explosive ZU-23 ammo hits the ground, especially visible at daytime. I've never noticed the disappearing smoke in any of the previous versions. In this one, it is VERY apparent.

I was very skeptical, at first, because it seemed like a step towards gamey effects, but I tested it a bit and it does seem to be an improvement. The thin haze of smoke really adds to the immersion.

Thank you for your excellent work and dedication to quality OS! You're one in a million.

About pissed my pants when I saw the 'BLASTCORE'. :D

Merry Christmas!

Tested it, and I have to say...

This "pwns". Simply kicks everyones butt.

Great work. Just wish my comp would handle muzzles better :D