(please dont take this as a nag, just interested) Hows the sound coming along? as you said there was quite a lot of refining to do. Quietly hoping it hasnt changed that much from the beta because everytime i play i still cant get my breath at how real it feels.When those Mk82's go off it gives me shiver, Awesome stuff.

Sound mods teach us one thing :

Even with awesomeness and lot of work, you can't please everyone...

The real thing that seperate Arma 2 from others FPS is that the room for improvement seems limitless with that game while you don't even wonder if that COD explosion is right or not.

That was exactly my point. And using soundmods as an example I (currently) personally prefer @Blastcore_soundfx_beta. Yet that doesn't stop me from switching to HiFI or JSRS (both excellent soundmods in their own right), etc. just to get a different 'flavor' for a change.

In one sense it's like having multiple varieties of the same game in one.

(please dont take this as a nag, just interested) Hows the sound coming along? as you said there was quite a lot of refining to do. Quietly hoping it hasnt changed that much from the beta because everytime i play i still cant get my breath at how real it feels.When those Mk82's go off it gives me shiver, Awesome stuff.

Its ok its not far from being released.

Its ok its not far from being released.

Glad to hear all is smooth mate :)

ok so this is driving me bonkers.

question: what would cause the larger explosions not to work? i.e. the explosions w/just sparks like effects? i see them in videos, but i don't see them in game? someone told me it was the secondary explosions, but i only see a small poof of smoke, but no sparks when using blastcore.

any ideas? im using ACE2 and SLX, but have tried it using arma2 co w/out any mod cept CBA and Blastcore.

my machine is capable of running arma2 just fine, i'm wondering if it's something else.

also, i can't remember which mod causing secondary explosions in vehicles?

my point is, i want to see the blastcore vehicle second explosion, can anyone help?

I had the same thing, no sparks at all. I redownloaded Blastcore from SIX updater and it was working awesomely. :D

Same here,but really dont want to install SIX updater on my machine.

Any other solutions ?

Thanks Private.

Will give it a chance. :-)

Edit: Lots of sparks now. ;) ty

Edited by seelix

many many thanks Pvt. Lucky. i would use SIX updater but unable to install .net framework on my machine do to a op sys file issue. so your effort is much appreciated.

OS and all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIUX-sR9EW4

See the secondary explosions in this short vid? how can i force these effects via trigger? i want to test to see if they appear like this for me.

right now, i still dont see any spark explosions like this even if i'm only running arma2 OA, @CBA, and Blastcore. I'm so confused by it's looking different for me? any ideas suggesitons? i did DL blastcore from lucky and see some improvement but i'm not sure what would be causing me to never see the sparks like in this video? please help, been spending alot of time on this and at wits end. :(

Only seen those secondary particle explosions after installing the new Blastcore on a Hummer I destroyed. Else I haven't seen them since, either they are toned down with about 99% or there's a bug stopping them from triggering.

What's your post processing set to? I think someone mentioned in here that it had to be lower then normal (mine also is lower then normal).

thanks all for your help.

finally got it working.

turns out i had some major conflicts. i was using ACE2, GL4, SLX. I completely removed SLX, disabled all in GL4 except radio chatter, and retained ACE2 as-is.

tested several times, several different test cases and found it was a combination of these mods causing conflicts. i now can leverage full blastcore in all it's beauty.

Hey OS, I think I've found an issue. Since installing the new version Wildcats have stopped locking on for me.

I can fire the rockets and the chaingun, but neither will tab lock, menu lock or right click lock onto anything.

OS, any news on the sound mod? :D

Im thinking i might let it loose this weekend as its getting tiring, theres a few dozen RPT errors to sort out but its nothing major so i might just let them go and fix them later in a update.

RPT errors...nothing major

RPT errors are written for a good reason. I'd rather wait and have an error free and bug free release. Good things come to those who wait.

RPT errors are written for a good reason. I'd rather wait and have an error free and bug free release. Good things come to those who wait.

Hmm tough one this, while i feel that I'd love to use the mod and that RPT errors for sound are not as problematic as visual ones, Another plus side to release though is it gives you a break and the community can report back if the RPT errors do cause any issues.

On the flipside, will RPT errors spam the server you are on and cause possible lag or dsync?

Hmm tough one this, while i feel that I'd love to use the mod and that RPT errors for sound are not as problematic as visual ones, Another plus side to release though is it gives you a break and the community can report back if the RPT errors do cause any issues.

On the flipside, will RPT errors spam the server you are on and cause possible lag or dsync?

They are all updating base class ones. Il see if i can squash them before release. I want to really start wrapping things up tbh. The soundmod is the last of the major stuff being released, anything after that is just gonna be light updates and stuff.

Edited by Opticalsnare

Thanks for all this hard work OS. We really appreciate it mate SERIOUSLY !

They are all updating base class ones. Il see if i can squash them before release.

If they dont cause any real issues mate dont bust a gut, you've worked your balls off on this mod and although I and everyone else would love to have it to game with now maybe just take the weekend off and chill for a bit. Its better that way than growing so tired with the project that it pisses you off.

Bp