Sign in to follow this  
dragon zen

Some things about AH (weapons, AI..)

Of course I'm not the first one to talk about these:

1. I don't know how real AH work, but Rockets being controlled by gunner is real ineffective.

2. I haven't tried OA yet, and I just try some mod which add flares to AA2 (firstly I say THX to those friends). Flare is attached as another weapon, which make it impossible to use it in time. ( It is same for smoke of tank).

3. How to command AI pilot to fly low and slow? I think AH should always keep itself safe, rather than crash into the center of battleground. I really don't know how to control the AI when I edit my mission.

Of course I'm not the first one to talk about these:

1. I don't know how real AH work, but Rockets being controlled by gunner is real ineffective.

Use the "Manual fire" command in the action menu.

2. I haven't tried OA yet, and I just try some mod which add flares to AA2 (firstly I say THX to those friends). Flare is attached as another weapon, which make it impossible to use it in time. ( It is same for smoke of tank).

OA flares/smoke is working with the R key when in the pilot/commander position for a chopper/tank. Community made flares are usually made either automatic or have a hotkey. For a nice flare system I would recommend Mando's Missile script suite.

3. How to command AI pilot to fly low and slow? I think AH should always keep itself safe, rather than crash into the center of battleground. I really don't know how to control the AI when I edit my mission.

Currently there's no way for an AI pilot to hover at its location far away and use standoff tactics with its weapons. Maybe try to give it a simple "move" waypoint and sync it with a trigger that prevents it to move to the next waypoint until specified/general enemy units are pacified.

If you give it a "Search and destroy" WP, it will circle around that point in random, seeking out possible hostiles. "Guard" WP also makes them move onto enemy targets, when discovered.

for flying heights put this in ah init line for 30m, not the pilot:

this flyinheight 30

patch 1.56 have serious issues with AI flying due to bug, this is fixed in newest available beta.

Another solution for this might be the new "unitcapture/unitplay" script command. With this it is said possible to drive/fly a vehicle around by the player, capture its movement and "copy" the route for the vehicle in another mission, controlled by AI.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=101421

Here's a demo mission

http://www.kylania.com/ex/?p=36

THANKS. I'll try the AI.

I think, the polit use rockets and the gunner use missile AT THE SAME TIME, which will be more effective, just like BF2?